SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6421|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

A12345 wrote:

should i just reveal 4-a woman is found dead in her bed next to a knife but she has not been stabbed, how did she die?

and in the mean time-

it is scientifically proven that people have more hair on one side of them then the other, which side is it?
On the outside

EDIT- don't reveal it...we got some pretty good aussie riddlers.

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2006-12-13 12:50:39)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6518

A12345 wrote:

should i just reveal 4-a woman is found dead in her bed next to a knife but she has not been stabbed, how did she die?

and in the mean time-

it is scientifically proven that people have more hair on one side of them then the other, which side is it?
1. pm me with answer, i wont tell ne1, i just wanna know what the hell it cud be outta the 9999 possibilities

and

2. was beatin to the right answer lol

Last edited by Canadianloser (2006-12-13 12:52:55)

A12345
+77|6480

SplinterStrike wrote:

A12345 wrote:

and in the mean time-

On the outside

EDIT- don't reveal it...we got some pretty good aussie riddlers.
id karma you but did for the day, and yup the upper side

some more clarification on 4-the knife has no blood on it and there are no signs of a struggle, she was very much alive and too young to die of old age, the knife is instrumental as well, heres some more things that may make it clearer (im remembering this from years ago) she was alive before she went to bed, she closed her eyes never to open them again and died in her sleep of unnatural causes, the police found her dead with her eyes closed in bed, there was a knife laying by her that had been left there by someone other than her, (not sure if the following is part of the original riddle but trust me it can only help) she was much colder than a corpse should be for the time she had been dead, she has not been stabbed, how did she die?-all the clarifications together

actually chitty got it first, i missed his post

Last edited by A12345 (2006-12-13 13:06:17)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

thx for the riddles A12345!

Last edited by chittydog (2006-12-13 12:59:00)

devilhammer
+16|6604|San Marcos, Texas

tanimn wrote:

devilhammer wrote:

You are in the basement of a house and it is night. Their are 3 switches in the basement that go to 3 light bulbs upstairs all the switches are off. The door to the upstairs is closed. You may only go upstairs once. How do you figure out which light switch goes to which light bulb?
Turn two switches on, go upstairs. note which light is off. 1 down.
Go back downstairs, LEAVE DOOR OPEN.
Flip remaining switches to determine which light is which. 2 and 3 down.
nope
RustyNails
BF2s US Server Admin
+31|6629|Margaritaville via Austin

A12345 wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

4. She died of old age in her sleep. The knife is just there for no reason.
nope she was very much alive and too young to die of old age, the knife is instrumental as well, heres some more things that may make it clearer (im remembering this from years ago) she was alive before she went to bed, she closed her eyes never to open them again and died in her sleep of unnatural causes, the police found her dead with her eyes closed in bed, there was a knife laying by her that had been left there by someone other than her, (not sure if the following is part of the original riddle but trust me it can only help) she was much colder than a corpse should be for the time she had been dead
she was in the morgue on a gurney and the knife is the Coroners tool when doing an autopsy???
A12345
+77|6480

RustyNails wrote:

she was in the morgue on a gurney and the knife is the Coroners tool when doing an autopsy???
wow respect for originality there but no she was in her bed at her home and she doesnt live at a morgue. with no one getting it yet me fears the final answer could be anti climatic, im really waiting to hear this one though-

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Billy and bobby are both eating sandwiches, bobby is eating PB and J and Billy is eating a tumor. What color are Sally's eyes?

Last edited by A12345 (2006-12-13 13:19:25)

SplinterStrike
Roamer
Ok to Devilhammer.

My guess is that you turn on two of the three switches but turn one off after a few seconds. You go upstairs, not which one is on and touch the two that are off. The one that'll be hot will correspond to the other switch you flipped. You can then guess that the last switch(the one you didnt flip) corresponds to the cold bulb.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Ok here are a few more from my riddle bag:

1. Mrs. Butterfingers was working in the kitchen when suddenly her ring, the one with a big diamond on it,
    slipped off her finger and landed in the coffee. However, the diamond was not wet when she retrieved it.
    Why?

2. At Sloppy's restaurant, a customer was shocked to find a fly in his coffee. He called for the waiter and
    asked that he receive a new cup because of this. The waiter came back a few minutes later and gave him
    another cup of steaming hot coffee. The customer then slammed his fist onto the table and yelled: "This is
    the same cup of coffee I had a minute ago!" How did he know?

3. Take out one letter of the word STARTLING at a time, leaving a know, common word every time you
    remove a letter. The last letter left must also be a word. (Mark down every word when you answer this)
CPHighwind
+3|6573
Devilhammer, my guess is: Flip all the switches on.

SplinterStrike:

2- It still had the fly in it.

Last edited by CPHighwind (2006-12-13 13:55:29)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6761|the middle of nowhere
Holy CRAP. 10 pages in ONE FREAKING DAY?!! sweet. Keep 'em comin'!
chittydog
less busy

CPHigh, that one's been solved twice already. Once was two posts above yours.

SplinterStrike wrote:

1. Mrs. Butterfingers was working in the kitchen when suddenly her ring, the one with a big diamond on it,
    slipped off her finger and landed in the coffee. However, the diamond was not wet when she retrieved it.
    Why?

2. At Sloppy's restaurant, a customer was shocked to find a fly in his coffee. He called for the waiter and
    asked that he receive a new cup because of this. The waiter came back a few minutes later and gave him
    another cup of steaming hot coffee. The customer then slammed his fist onto the table and yelled: "This is

3. Take out one letter of the word STARTLING at a time, leaving a know, common word every time you
    remove a letter. The last letter left must also be a word. (Mark down every word when you answer this)
1. The coffee hasn't been brewed yet.
2. The fly was still in it?
3. STARTLING
STARLING
STARING
STRING
STING
SING
SIN
IN
I
Darkhelmet
cereal killer

SplinterStrike wrote:

Why?

1. The coffee had not been made yet.
                       2. There was a fly still in the cup.
                       3. I'm not going to try it lol.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York

SplinterStrike wrote:

startling
starling
staring
string
sting
ting
tin
in
i
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
SplinterStrike
Roamer

Darkhelmet wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Why?

1. The coffee had not been made yet.
                       2. There was a fly still in the cup.
                       3. I'm not going to try it lol.
chittydog has gotten #1 and 3 first. I'll clarify for #2. There isn't a fly in the cup anymore
chittydog
less busy

Uh, is there cream and sugar in the coffee?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
2. The coffee was cold?
SplinterStrike
Roamer

chittydog wrote:

Uh, is there cream and sugar in the coffee?
FFS. What is wrong with you? You've gotten them all right! Now i need to wait 48 hours to be able to karma you completely. And on top of that im out of the latter.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6655|Ohio
1. it was instant coffee, still dry powder.

3. startling
Starling
staring
string
... g2g finish in a min
chittydog
less busy

Don't worry about it. This is the most fun thread that's been on this site in a while. I'll sit the next round out though.
A12345
+77|6480
another easy fun one-

1-what can go around the world but never leave from a corner-SOLVED

2-what is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when youre through with it-SOLVED

Last edited by A12345 (2006-12-13 15:30:53)

jet burned
Banned
+13|6636|Irving, Texas, USA

Vilham wrote:

No and they have ALL been answered. We need new ones.
That's not true - what about the brick wall room with the wooden table and mirror one?

Edit: nevermind ... someone tried to solve it.

Last edited by jet burned (2006-12-13 14:44:26)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

A12345 wrote:

another easy fun one-

1-what can go around the world but never leave from a corner

2-what is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when youre through with it
1. anything the world doesnt have coners
SplinterStrike
Roamer

chittydog wrote:

Don't worry about it. This is the most fun thread that's been on this site in a while. I'll sit the next round out though.
Got that right. Dont sit out though. I'm not used to getting such rapid responses to riddles. Plus, there aren't many riddle posters as riddle answerers, which in turn leads to the riddle posters running out of karma or correct answers. GET SOME RIDDLES PEOPLE!!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

jet burned wrote:

Vilham wrote:

No and they have ALL been answered. We need new ones.
That's not true - what about the brick wall room with the wooden table and mirror one?
Its been done, please read throught the topic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard