FourthHorseman
+36|6470|TX
I am sure it's been posted already, but I couldn't find it in Search. How do you take those nasty AA chainguns out on top of the titan? Any Ideas?
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6830|Belgium
RDX them or use Rocket Launchers (Pilium H-AVR for example)
I believe those are the two only options..
(Since blowing them to bits using a Gunship would be kind of weird, seeing how they are AA guns.. Of course perhaps it could be done if no one is in them..)

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2006-12-13 07:49:35)

FourthHorseman
+36|6470|TX
Yeah...I tried using RDX, loaded all 5 charges on one, but it didn't take it out. Does it take extra supplies?
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

air fighter
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6830|Belgium

FourthHorseman wrote:

Yeah...I tried using RDX, loaded all 5 charges on one, but it didn't take it out. Does it take extra supplies?
Make sure that it isn't already destroyed..
Normally it takes 3 RDX to take them out, also 3 Pilium shots.
But sometimes the AA Guns may seem intact when they're actually destroyed..
Really weird..

@ Snipy; as I said; they 're AA Guns, if you can take them out without anyone firing at you with them -> bad Titan defense
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6547|Doncaster - UK
yeah, don't wast your shots on the slightly crumpled dirty looking ones, there already gone.  Its the cleaner better defined ones that are moving and shooting that are working (sorry, sarcasm doesn't write well)
Seriously, you do have to look twice to check if there already taken out.

BTW, It takes 3 shots from an engineer kit to take one out, BUT, if they only just repaired one will do it.
Great for a pin if someone repairs them as you shoot them and you get 4 destroys in quick succession.

If you know someone is repairing it, watch for the image changing as soon as it comes into "working", rocket it!  Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-12-13 08:13:02)

ketel0ne
+3|6641
I have almost 80 hours in them, never seen one taken out by RDX. Anti tank, or the attack chopper, thats the only 2 ways I have ever seen.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6830|Belgium

ketel0ne wrote:

I have almost 80 hours in them, never seen one taken out by RDX. Anti tank, or the attack chopper, thats the only 2 ways I have ever seen.
Really? I always take them out if I'm still engineer when boarding the Titan.
And if I'm Recon and I'm irritated by the noise of someone shooting with them (really annoying if you're next to it) I'll blow the sh*t out of those AA Guns and Teabag 'm like hell! rofl:-)
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6776|Internet!
I've never killed one with RDX. I've tried a lot. Threw five bricks on one that's shooting away and nothing. The AT weapons work well (both the rockets and the pilum).
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551

ketel0ne wrote:

80 hours in titan AA....wow, you should maybe try playing the rest of the game.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6549|Edmonton Alberta

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

ketel0ne wrote:

QFT!!!!!!!!!

and i thought my 50+ hours in armor was bad
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6409|England
Well before version 1.02 it was a simple matter, 2-3 RDX's would kill it. Now, I've tried many a time even loading up the full charge and achieved nothing. Very peculiar.
ketel0ne
+3|6641

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

ketel0ne wrote:

I also have 50+ hours in armor. I hate to fly. I have 50+ in 3 of 4 kits and 36 hours in the 4th. About 20 in transport and 300 total hours. Thanks for your insight into playing other areas of the game. I believe it was 50 hours in AA for the gold.

Maybe with your 96 hours of playing, best round score of  7057 and 18608 titan drops you aren't the best person to judge how someone spent 80 hours in the game.

Last edited by ketel0ne (2006-12-13 14:19:23)

ketel0ne
+3|6641

straz_mataz wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

ketel0ne wrote:

QFT!!!!!!!!!

and i thought my 50+ hours in armor was bad
50 hours for the gold badge, you did what you needed to do.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6559|England

jsnipy wrote:

air fighter
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6547|Doncaster - UK

ketel0ne wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

ketel0ne wrote:

I also have 50+ hours in armor. I hate to fly. I have 50+ in 3 of 4 kits and 36 hours in the 4th. About 20 in transport and 300 total hours. Thanks for your insight into playing other areas of the game. I believe it was 50 hours in AA for the gold.

Maybe with your 96 hours of playing, best round score of  7057 and 18608 titan drops you aren't the best person to judge how someone spent 80 hours in the game.
lol.  Owned.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6549|Valhalla
2 ways to take them out  - the Pillum (a few shots and its gone) or if your good enough you can take them out with a gunship
PS. RDX dont do shit to the AA guns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard