Vilham wrote:

HEAD LICE!!! That has to be it!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6430|Alberta, Canada

SplinterStrike wrote:

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

I dont know how it works with the riddle, but how about a cold?
Can you throw away a cold?
Or not catch it and keep it?
Dunno... My buddy told me to try
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6438|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

I dont know how it works with the riddle, but how about a cold?
Can you throw away a cold?
Or not catch it and keep it?
Dunno... My buddy told me to try
Hehe, nice try though Guns. Its been guessed unfortunately.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6793|UK
Screw guessing, i thought it through. First think of all the obvious ones like fish etc. Then the water one which actully makes sense but they arent at sea, so i thought about the conditions they would have lived in then thought rats but then realised it was likely head lice.

Thats what im being taught to do in problem solving atm.. althought that is maths based. with algorithms and stuff.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-12-12 17:35:42)

SplinterStrike
Roamer

Vilham wrote:

Screw guessing, i thought it through. First think of all the obvious ones like fish etc. Then the water one which actully makes sense but they arent at sea, so i thought about the conditions they would have lived in then thought rats but then realised it was likely head lice.
Bravo to you. Logic wins the day(or night but w/e).
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6465|King Of The Islands

An easy one.

A director of a large company asks the security guard working the night shift to call him a cab, because he needs to take a red-eye flight to New York. The guard tells him not to board the plane, because he just had a dream that the director would have an accident. To be safe, the director decides to wait until the next morning. During the trip, he reads in the paper that the red-eye flight crashed. When he returns from his trip, he thanks the guard and gives him a bonus. Then he fires him. Why did he fire him?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6777|the middle of nowhere

Cheez wrote:

An easy one.

A director of a large company asks the security guard working the night shift to call him a cab, because he needs to take a red-eye flight to New York. The guard tells him not to board the plane, because he just had a dream that the director would have an accident. To be safe, the director decides to wait until the next morning. During the trip, he reads in the paper that the red-eye flight crashed. When he returns from his trip, he thanks the guard and gives him a bonus. Then he fires him. Why did he fire him?
LOL the guard was sleeping on duty! lol
SplinterStrike
Roamer

SplinterStrike wrote:

hehe riddles...I love em. Seeing as the above have all been answered correctly, I will post a few of my own.
Bonuses go to the riddle solvers.

1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?

2. A group of people at a New Year's Day concert in 1900 couldn't get out of the concert hall doors. The doors were not locked and opened easily. After all, the crowd had entered by them. What was the difficulty? SOLVED

3. What can you hold in your right hand but not in your left? SOLVED

4. Fred assembled a device containing thousands of moving parts, yet it only took hima few minutes. What is it?

5. Legend has it that the Greek poet Homer died of frustration at not being able to solve this riddle, posed by   
    fishermen of the island of Ios. See if you can do better. SOLVED

What we caught, we threw away,
    What we couldn't catch, we kept.

P.S the obvious answer is never the right one. I will also post more riddles regularly.
As it stands, riddles #2, 3 and 5 have been solved. Solve the other two and I will put up some more.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6790|d
A easy one:

A man is hanging in a middle of an empty room, where no else has ever been . There is a puddle of water in the room. There is one door in the room, which is no where near the hanged man.

How did the man kill himself ?
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6430|Alberta, Canada
Doesn't it have something to do with him standing on ice, then it melts, and he gets hung?

And for the #1 riddle, Is the man a crash-test-dummy?
SplinterStrike
Roamer

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Doesn't it have something to do with him standing on ice, then it melts, and he gets hung?

And for the #1 riddle, Is the man a crash-test-dummy?
No. The man is indeed a human being. It also states that he was unharmed. Keep going man!
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6430|Alberta, Canada
Is he a magician?
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6449|My room
1) Four people enter a store. They spend a hundred dollars each, and in total, they spend 300 dollars. Name the four people.

2) Why is "I" like New Delhi?

GL
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6702|Kingswood Country

SplinterStrike wrote:

1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?
Anything that involves spinning around a point - eg, breakdancing, trapeze, or even doing something like squats (so your head bobs up and down).
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6430|Alberta, Canada

T1g3r217 wrote:

2) Why is "I" like New Delhi? GL
Because it's a capital.
plastic_budgie
+114|6778|England : East Yorkshire
A guy is in a prison cell there is no way out i mean no way even if you nuked it only a door is the way to escape. now to get passed the door he need's a wooden key the key is in a hole in the middle of the cell he put's his arm down and he is 3 inches away from getting it how does he get it. ? my grandad told me this today lol quite ironic.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
Um- it's inside the cell.
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6430|Alberta, Canada

plastic_budgie wrote:

A guy is in a prison cell there is no way out i mean no way even if you nuked it only a door is the way to escape. now to get passed the door he need's a wooden key the key is in a hole in the middle of the cell he put's his arm down and he is 3 inches away from getting it how does he get it. ? my grandad told me this today lol quite ironic.
Does he piss in the hole? Therefore making the key rise?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6766|Toronto | Canada

SplinterStrike wrote:

It's obviously a shadow...
gmoschgat
+5|6476

is it his shadow?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6766|Toronto | Canada

gmoschgat wrote:

is it his shadow?
I beat you to it
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6709|The Lou

T1g3r217 wrote:

1) Four people enter a store. They spend a hundred dollars each, and in total, they spend 300 dollars. Name the four people.

GL
THEY HAD A CUPON FOR A SPEND $400 GET $100 DOLLARS OFF DUH! lol

On a more serious note.... i have no clue. lol
plastic_budgie
+114|6778|England : East Yorkshire

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

plastic_budgie wrote:

Does he piss in the hole? Therefore making the key rise?
Wooo Winner! lol yeah !
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
Riddle on logic & reasoning -

You have two glasses of water on a table in front of you - one will bring you everlasting life, the other is a lethal poison.

There are two barmen behind the table - of which you are allowed to ask either of them 1 question to help you chose the right glass. However, while one of them will always tell the truth; the other is an automatic liar (you don't get to tell which is which).

What question can you ask to work out which is the correct glass to drink from?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard