1MaNArmY
+2|6814
I know the Commander uses the B button to communicate with the squad leaders but do have to join a squad first then apply for the Commander position?  I ask this dumb question because each time I apply for Commander and get elected I have no VOIP.  What is the proper sequence if there is one? Is it possible the squad leaders I tried to communcate with did not have VOIP activated?
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6491|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
you have to activate your VOIP, but if it wont then your computer doesnt like bf2142...same as my pc

i need a new sound card so i can put voip back on
LockerFish
+47|6722
Try the V key. I know in bf2 at least B was for squad and V was the squad leader to commander and vice versa.
wonkey20
+18|6725

LockerFish wrote:

Try the V key. I know in bf2 at least B was for squad and V was the squad leader to commander and vice versa.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

LockerFish wrote:

No, it's B in 2142 for commander stuff, and V for squads.  They switched it around.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
1MaNArmY
+2|6814
My VOIP is activated and I have no problems using it in squads, just Commander.
strikeman67
+5|6630
The squad leaders may have their VOIP disabled/not working or they can mute the commander.  You can not communicate or give orders to these squads.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6466|New York
When I press the "B" key the squads can hear me but I get no signal on my HUD..Keep that in mind.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6661|Malibu
As I have read from the manual, when in a position of a commander, "B" is used to talk to all Squad Leaders (confirmed), "V" is SUPPOSED to be used to talk to individual Squad Leaders (unconfirmed). Whenever I try the "V", with selecting a Squad on the menu, no one responds... Maybe those Squad Leaders were being lazy...
Mudguts
+1|6508

strikeman67 wrote:

The squad leaders may have their VOIP disabled/not working or they can mute the commander.  You can not communicate or give orders to these squads.
Sorry to go off topic, but how do you mute the commander?? 

Geez, a few times Ive had a ~10 year old commander -screaming- bollocks constantly, the whole round, ignoring requests to keep it down.  ANYONE NEED SUPPLIES? ANYONE NEED SUPPLIES? ANYONE NEED SUPPLIES? RUNNING SCAN. ANYONE NEED SUPPLIES? and so on...
Volatile
+252|6721|Sextupling in Empire

Who needs communication?

Rogue soldiers FTW!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard