AmbassadorofPain
+34|6671|Devil's Perch
Seeing that certain BFROE peeps are affected, too, it seems more and more likely this is indeed a serious problem in EA's side.
However, -1 for the DICE live team for not commenting on this.
Proud member of a dead community.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6563|UK

I wonder if this is indeed a serious problem that has lost us our stat's what EA will do, (feck all more likely than not) but I want a free 50k carrear points fuckwits!

Martyn
Master*
Banned
+416|6509|United States
heres the answer http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showt … hp?t=13486

EDIT: diceckmc is from DICE so he is official

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-12-12 12:03:59)

Smoke_Deez
+8|6400

Masterstyle wrote:

heres the answer http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showt … hp?t=13486

EDIT: diceckmc is from DICE so he is official
Thanks, that eases the pain a little.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6464|New York
If you get "actually" wiped, do you get an email or anything?
Zefar
+116|6663|Sweden

1MaNArmY wrote:

the battlefield.ea.com stat site is blocked from work, guess it's going to be a long afternoon.
I checked your stats and they seems to be fine. That's IF you are STR8BaLLeR

Mine ain't resetted either so I'm just fine.

Last edited by Zefar (2006-12-12 12:26:47)

1MaNArmY
+2|6812

Zefar wrote:

1MaNArmY wrote:

the battlefield.ea.com stat site is blocked from work, guess it's going to be a long afternoon.
I checked your stats and they seems to be fine. That's IF you are STR8BaLLeR

Mine ain't resetted either so I'm just fine.
Thanks Zefar
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6459|The Land of Scott Walker
Fav quote: possible a misthrown dart hit a server.
Zzztttzzzztt *boooom*
Stat server eliminated and all the losers who gloat about their massive points dissolve into tears.  ROFLMAO
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6671|Devil's Perch

Stingray24 wrote:

Zzztttzzzztt *boooom*
Stat server eliminated and all the losers who gloat about their massive points dissolve into tears.  ROFLMAO
Let's assume you could actually write. I don't mean putting letters together so they form words, I mean "writing a text that entertains an audience." Let's say, you practiced the art of writing texts that entertain readers. Soon, you started to write longer texts and all of a sudden, you discovered you had written a novel. 600 Pages. You hand it to people around who read and actually like it. You grab the novel and go to see a publisher. As you're about to enter the subway, someone steals your backpack with the novel in it. It's gone and you didn't have a copy. You spent so much time on it, you worked on it until it felt right - and now it's gone. Did you do anything to deserve this? Most likely not, and this is what we're talking about here. We're not talking about padders or glitchers getting reset but about the average player who went to bed just to find his account wiped the next day.
I have decided not to write a novel but to create an online alter ego. I have decided not to spend my time writing, but playing. I have spend my time on a project of my choice and I have done nothing to deserve this project being taken away from me.
I'm sure, this goes for 99% of all players who are affected by these problems.

So, ffs, keep your gleefull comments to yourself. There's no need for that.

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2006-12-12 14:07:59)

xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Zzztttzzzztt *boooom*
Let's assume you could actually write. I don't mean putting letters together so they form words, I mean "writing a text that entertains an audience." Let's say, you practiced the art of writing texts that entertain readers. Soon, you started to write longer texts and all of a sudden, you discovered you had written a novel. 600 Pages. You hand it to people around who read and actually like it. You grab the novel and go to see a publisher. As you're about to enter the subway, someone steals your backpack with the novel in it. It's gone and you didn't have a copy. You spent so much time on it, you worked on it until it felt right - and now it's gone. Did you do anything to deserve this? Most likely not, and this is what we're talking about here. We're not talking about padders or glitchers getting reset but about the average player who went to bed just to find his account wiped the next day.
I have decided not to write a novel but to create an online alter ego. I have decided not to spend my time writing, but playing. I have spend my time on a project of my choice and I have done nothing to deserve this project being taken away from me.
I'm sure, this goes for 99% of all players who are affected by these problems.

So, ffs, keep your gleefull comments to yourself. There's no need for that.
Well written as always AOP. I guess some really do "care" about their stats and frankly it's a time investment which is worth far more than anything else. I do feel badly for the people that are reset for no apparent reason.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6634|Mhz

I just want my motherfucking Baur back >_<, get home from work wanting to vent and all I get is pea shooters
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS
They wiped tons of people accidentally. If they didn't send an email it was a mistake.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6670|UK

burni$te wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

still got my rank , and all my unlocks, just had to choose them all agin 33 in a row lol, if i am getting my points still its a little lame as i am getting medals left right and centre

HENCE un-fair score, but in my advantage
did you choose the same ones?
yer i did
Smoke_Deez
+8|6400
I received my rank back but on the leader board it says I have 0 pts. I have my pins and badges back, but not one medal or ribbon.  I also sadly have no unlocks and none available apparently, so it is half fixed...er...kinda.  That would make me a Field Commissar silver recruit.  Way to go EA.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6723
eh, I just got my shit back... ofcourse I have no unlocks.

#53 right now.. was #105 last night.
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … ;Profiles=
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Zukabazuka
+23|6699
Read in the game that its just server problem and they are fixing it for the moment. But if you do get reset you should get an email. But otherwise its safe.
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6409|England
Well thats reassuring at least, at least now you have some evidence that you really are a field commisar and you're not just some punk noob who claimed he was first in the world before the wipe. I wouldn't worry, albeit annoying.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6670|UK

TehMyke wrote:

eh, I just got my shit back... ofcourse I have no unlocks.

#53 right now.. was #105 last night.
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … ;Profiles=
i had my unlocks all along i just had to re-choose them all, my rank was the same, all i lost was all my shiny wear
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6857|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Back as it was now, WoKeN is back on top

But I'm still without stats lol, we'll see what happens....

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-12-12 15:07:04)

SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6639

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I just want my motherfucking Baur back >_<, get home from work wanting to vent and all I get is pea shooters
I want my lambert
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6440|Browntown
Baur > Lambert.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6559|England
am back too zero and a recruit
its starting to piss me off
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6620|Lancashire, UK
errrmmm..... Mine aren't back.... and I SHOULD be British Voss L-AR number 1 ..........
E|W4v0r
+8|6678|New York
I got my stats back but apparently all my time in every kit is gone, all my ribbons are gone, and my unlocks are gone... I love EA
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6671|Devil's Perch
Seems to be pretty much the same for everyone: rank is back, I even got the badges and pins, but
- no ribbons
- no medals
- no time requirements fulfilled
- no unlocks
- no dogtags

I hope they're still working on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard