Vantage
+2|6380
Have you ever noticed when you are bein shot at, you tend to book it behind the nearest wall, only to find yourself dying from the enemies bullets, while you're behind the wall. Is this just me, or is there something I am missing here.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6605|Seattle

Probably has to do with the hitbox being slightly behind the player when he's running.

er somethin'
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
Yeah happens alot, its because this game has suck ass delayed hitboxes or something.
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6390|Afghanistan

Vantage wrote:

Have you ever noticed when you are bein shot at, you tend to book it behind the nearest wall, only to find yourself dying from the enemies bullets, while you're behind the wall. Is this just me, or is there something I am missing here.
Bullets are capable of going through walls (depending on what it's made out of) ... and it's not a glitch.

~ W
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
You don't mean the tin roll walls do you? Those can be shot through by every gun I think (rifles & LMG's for sure, maybe not pistols).

Damn you Warlord, 1 second

Last edited by MagikTrik (2006-12-12 12:20:30)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well there is many reason y you die even when hiding behind wall....First the attacker may just been lucky and hit your hitbox while you was running for cover. Second: He may have took a guess and shoot you tru some fence (It is possible to shoot tru some materials with some weapons)

Like i already did to you vantage

I also been called a hacker many times for sniping some 1 tru a plywood board...Errr ok lemme think about it...Why the hell cant a l96 bullet couldnt go tru a 1cm plywood board...I see none.
Vantage
+2|6380

MagikTrik wrote:

You don't mean the tin roll walls do you? Those can be shot through by every gun I think (rifles & LMG's for sure, maybe not pistols).
Nah nah, I mean an actual wall from a building. It always happends when im runnin away from a FAV or a tanks machine gun
MagikTrik
Just out of curiosity (not to derail the post, just a quick question) what walls besides the Tin Roll ones can be shot through?
Vantage
+2|6380
Hmm I don't really know, I don't notice much fences.. haha
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6605|Seattle

Are talking about tanks and APC's being able to kill you even if you're behind a wall? If so, then yeah, the splash damage from the rounds can kill you.
Vantage
+2|6380
Nope, I am talking about a machine gun, You can hear the enemy gunning at you, and book it behind a wall, yet they still kill you with like a PK or a G36C
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6605|Seattle

Maybe they're wall hacking

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-12-12 12:29:47)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6661|pimelteror.de
If you are too close to a wall, your legs may be glitched through the wall?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6571|British Columbia, Canada
Yes, it all has to do with lag..

While you yourself may think your behind the wall, your actual Hitcode (the thing that registers if your getting hit by bullets or not) is lagging behind you..

If you have no idea what i'm trying to expain, what this video.

Vantage
+2|6380
Explains so much.. whats with the game makers and creating a laggy hitzone?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6571|British Columbia, Canada

Vantage wrote:

Did you forget who created the game??
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

LT.Victim wrote:

Vantage wrote:

EA/DICE FTL!

But there is also the comp specs and the internet speed which cant help
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6800|Jupiter

LT.Victim wrote:

Vantage wrote:

It was sacrasm...
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717

MagikTrik wrote:

Damn you Warlord, 1 second
I don't think that the smaller weapons do or the shotguns. 

Its some thing to test and compare the damage with or with out shooting through the fence/plywood.  Also does distance make any difference?

Has anyone else noticed the ricochet sound when a bullet hits at an angle.  I wonder if you can actually kill someone with a ricochet or if it just makes a sound of a bullet glancing off metal!

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-12-12 13:18:36)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6682|Houston, Texas
There is lag protection in this game. You can shoot where the person *just* was, and if they dove behind cover chances are they'll still take a hit.

Yes, you can shoot someone behind a wall in that sense.
Simon
basically
+838|6666|UK
It was me, I hack
MagikTrik

cheshiremoe wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the ricochet sound when a bullet hits at an angle.  I wonder if you can actually kill someone with a ricochet or if it just makes a sound of a bullet glancing off metal!
I've always wondered about that & the damage thing too when shooting through walls, if anyone wants to try it out on an empty server I'd love to take part. Xfire me or PM me & we'll find a place to go where "we can be alone" :p
wonkey20
+18|6717

King_County_Downy wrote:

Probably has to do with the hitbox being slightly behind the player when he's running.

er somethin'
Wow you know what you are talking about
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6538|UK

King_County_Downy wrote:

Maybe they're wall hacking
No such thing
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6693|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
maybe their behind u