shlodd
+1|6533
I have been struggling for a couple weeks because I feel that my processer is slowing down my performance. Right now I have an athlon 64 3400 2g of ram and a 7800 gt. When playing 2142 I have to play mostly on low so that I don't get lag in the titan. I know that if I get a new processer I will have to also upgrade my motherboard which is about the same price as  the fx-55 which will cost me(129.99) on Newegg. Basically I want to know if the new processer will increase my performance enough to allow me to play on the settings that I would like to play on; medium to high. Thanks.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada
Its not your computer, everyone lags on titan mode

Stay away from the 48 man Titan Servers.
shlodd
+1|6533
Thanks, I try to stick to 32 man titan servers only. I just feel like I am wasting the money that I spent to play on high in bf2. Hopefully the will fix the titan lag issue because it is basically the same game so I should be able to play it on high with the same computer.
jcurts
+25|6375|Coventry, UK
I just feel like I am wasting the money that I spent to play on high in bf2.
Keep on playing bf2.

I know that if I get a new processer I will have to also upgrade my motherboard .....
If you think on upgrading, I´ll say you wait and get some more money and build a new rig. That way, you can have a backup PC or sell it or do whatever you want with it. That way, you can still use it, cause if you just upgrade some pieces, most likely that the old parts will get dumped or forgotten.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

2GB and a 7800GT and ur on low.......  Yeeeeeesh turn it up lad!  I found on titan I get as much lag on low as medium (never tried high) soo yea what Victim said, everyone get's it.  As far as fixing the Titan, not sure they really can to be honest, problem is Titan is not a solid structure, its millions of part's together to form it, and as there's two of these thing's floating about a map, the lag as we all know is awful.  Me think's they will just not allow the Titan to be moved atall in later patch's, or atleast give server admin's the option of disabling it, because eventhough now they cant move after sheid is down, its still bloody awful.

But to the question, naaaaaah, system is fine, sure the CPU could use upgrading, but I doubt it is really worth it, its a buggy game that is holding you back, not the rig, so just keep it and hope EA sort it.

Martyn
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6559|EUtopia | Austria

Bell wrote:

2GB and a 7800GT and ur on low.......  Yeeeeeesh turn it up lad!  I found on titan I get as much lag on low as medium (never tried high) soo yea what Victim said, everyone get's it.  As far as fixing the Titan, not sure they really can to be honest, problem is Titan is not a solid structure, its millions of part's together to form it, and as there's two of these thing's floating about a map, the lag as we all know is awful.  Me think's they will just not allow the Titan to be moved atall in later patch's, or atleast give server admin's the option of disabling it, because eventhough now they cant move after sheid is down, its still bloody awful.
Sorry, but I've experienced it working well in the Beta and the Demo - what the hell did they ruin this time? (Note, I'm not plaing BF2142).
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
I tried yesterday to play titan mode..(w00t new pc!) and got absolutely ZERO lag on a 24 man Titan server..pretty impressive if you knew how my previous system was doing on normal conquest..
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6406|Indianapolis, IN
I have a FX-55 this Proc is AWESOME, I have my multiplier at x15 HT lowered to x3 and FSB raised, I have it running at 2.9ghz 41*c under load with a zalman cooler.
$niperkiller
+4|6442|NH
I don't lag in titan mode.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6732|Oregon
no. dont get it. save your $$. turn down your lighting a bit.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6630|Mhz

LT.Victim wrote:

Its not your computer, everyone lags on titan mode

Stay away from the 48 man Titan Servers.
This man speaketh the truth.

Apart from the 48 mans servers bit, my PC is ancient and I don't have much trouble on 48 man servers, its 64 man Titan servers evertything goes downhill.

And on another note, from me, an AMD addict, get a Conroe if you do upgrade not and AMD.
doc. josh
+48|6554
no its only single core if any thing go to 57 other wise no.. u could also think about an FX-70 FX-72 FX-74 tat are quad core but thay arent out yet
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6711|New York
The FX-55 is a great processor for a lousey $129. Most other places still getting $399 to $900 for it. It overclocks nicely with stock cooler. Its well worth the little money for it.

Just my thoughts, I own one and will be overclocking it shortly. I went from a 3700+ overclocked to 2.5 and this processor(even though its the 0.13 micron flavor) still outbenches my 3700+ Sandiago(overclocked) by 300 marks. Overclocked im hopeing to get a tad more.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-12-12 07:46:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard