Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6457
I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago, and he kept insisting that there was a lot of people who were cheating (aimbots, wallhacks, etc.), even in competitive matches! I kinda blew him off, and told him no way. But then he brought up a good point, there's no way to tell. PunkBuster is dubious at best, and ingame demos don't even record first person! So how are you supposed to catch these people?

We know about the people who are idiots and blatantly obvious about it, but what about the people who aren't blatantly obvious about it?

Last edited by Greenspan (2006-12-11 22:42:53)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Theres not that many hackers for BF2... Well, if there are, their hacks Fail.

The only really way to tell is to review a battlerecorder files.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

LT.Victim wrote:

Theres not that many hackers for BF2... Well, if there are, their hacks Fail.

The only really way to tell is to review a battlerecorder files.
And have fun time watching every move of someone... Damn I think I'll go and do that and check all my files and everyone on each file...

Or not.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6423
I'm sure there's plenty, but not as much as people claim in game....like "OMFG you no0b, wtf w/ all tha HAXXXX???!!11179"  I've had people tell me I'm hacking, and I'm not that great.

I have seen some highly suspect activity on occasion however.  Like arty that recharges waay too fast....people who seem to be able to shoot through anything.....rapid fire shots from M95s that never miss....etc.

KiL
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6610|Montréal, Québec
i had people telling me that i was hacking in this round, and even got some kick vote against me!

I don't cheat, maybe we can call it ''medic-whore'' but medic i a very well payed job either in life or in BF2

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … 714ox2.png

Last edited by 0seb--morin0 (2006-12-11 23:02:35)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6644|Houston, Texas
There's quite a few name tag cheats, and they are one of the simplest hacks for bf2 one can make. As far as the # of people using them, compared to the total # of people playing, is a small number.
adv3rsary
+28|6686
found a gang of people INSIDE the power station building on dragon valley that couldnt be killed just an hour ago...

...lots
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

adv3rsary wrote:

found a gang of people INSIDE the power station building on dragon valley that couldnt be killed just an hour ago...

...lots
=glitch, not a hack

granted, it still qualifies for cheating..but i think the aim of the thread is just hackers.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6594|Cherry Pie
Not much.  People accuse me of cheating but I have never done it and never will. 

Pretty much if you have a fast computer with a high frame rate and a fast internet connection you can own.  Although skill and resourcefullness is also important.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6341|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Not much.  People accuse me of cheating but I have never done it and never will.
I get accused of cheating every once in awhile but it's just gay, like the faggy generals who think they can't be killed face to face by a gunnery sergeant. I doubt it's even 5% of the BF2 population but I obviously don't know for sure. In about 175hrs I think I've come up against maybe 2 or 3 cheaters & it's the noobs that you see shooting your friend & then as soon as your friend dies they automatically lock on your head.

btw this is the first time in my entire life that I actually spelled "sergeant right", spell check makes me happy
ZekersSneakers
+8|6475
Try going 60> -0 in the F35, it's insane how many people think that is impossible.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
I've played for over 1000 hours and the only hack I've seen is the commander supply hack, which I saw a couple of days ago. I've been occasionally suspicious of players using aimbot hacks too but I wouldn't know for sure. I've been accused of hacking myself plenty to know sometimes it's just pure good luck.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6340|QUT, GP.
I've had somewhere in the vicinity of five-ten people kill me in a very very short time while standing up and using the RPK at varied distances. And I know that they were standing the whole time because my friends are always in my squad along side me to verify it.

So what does that suggest? No-recoil hacks? Accuracy hacks? You decide.
adv3rsary
+28|6686

Ender2309 wrote:

adv3rsary wrote:

...lots
=glitch, not a hack

granted, it still qualifies for cheating..but i think the aim of the thread is just hackers.
ok then how about bullets going up, past the wall, then curving down and hitting in the head everytime
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6680|Kangarooland
author sux and is looking for reasons to make himself feel better about this fact.

Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle
very little.

u should read my infantry guide: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55088

edit: in reflection, im sorry to say that enough cheating happens in bf2 for it to be annoying. check out a "competitive" bf2 server and you can always find someone hacking. and sadly the "best" players in BF2 are the ones that will generate the most dust. Its random. Like gambling. Pretty lame. But honestly, if you figure out how to play you can beat 99.9% of players on the avg. server. Just learn how to always shoot first, and take the right shot, and you will start discovering who the hackers are. But honestly people will be wrongly accusing no matter what. Just because someone always shoots first doesn't mean they hack. Even if they can almost always land shots doesn't mean they hack. But some are hacking. They can easily do it (even in CAL). Remember its a game (cheaters fail at life) and have a nice day.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-14 21:57:53)

explosivo
Banned
+262|6613
i think it's obvious that there some hackers out there

i'v encountered a few players that just must have been hacking,

if you want a real laugh go in an unranked server with pb disabled, your lucky if you get ten ft along the road
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6791|Delaware
There aren't that many. For the ones who do cheat/hack, you'll never catch them/stop them. Try not to worry about it and have a bit of fun.
malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff

Greenspan wrote:

... I kinda blew him off, and told him no way.....
Tee hee, you blew him off
explosivo
Banned
+262|6613

Greenspan wrote:

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago, and he kept insisting that there was a lot of people who were cheating (aimbots, wallhacks, etc.), even in competitive matches! I kinda blew him off, and told him no way. But then he brought up a good point, there's no way to tell. PunkBuster is dubious at best, and ingame demos don't even record first person! So how are you supposed to catch these people?

We know about the people who are idiots and blatantly obvious about it, but what about the people who aren't blatantly obvious about it?
yeah, you admited to having a peinis in your gob, ewwwwwwwwwww

lets all point and laugh
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

I would say hardly any. Ive been called a hacker on a few occasions (even for taking down a HIND with the Essex gun on Gator.....)
You do get some "woah" shots on you that you think "no fucking way"...but it happens. Hell Ive done it, weve all done it - but when it gets done to you, you think "hacker". Same with finding enemies in "unusual spots" too.

When I used to play Soldier of Fortune 2, there was NO anti cheat software in the game. It also had console cvars left in the game which could be used ONLINE which gave a wallhack, thirdperson view, fullbright and nolight (everything is white/grey) modes. Needless to say, it was full of hackers everywhere. Seeing as I was in one of a select few clans who actually didnt hack (we developed our own software to find out), we would often sit in spec with those console options on and watch peoples activities. In the end, we actually became better than a lot of them just through tactics and having to fight against aimbots all the time - we worked out ways of beating them! To which we got called hackers....and it goes on.
It was always so funny to actually see people standing behind a wall and suddenly run away, and only seconds later a grenade exploded at their old spot. Dead give-away, which we used all the time.

But you cant do that in BF2. With a UAV, commander spotting and your teammates spotting too...the enemy could be on the radar and you dont know that. Which renders battlerecorders pretty much pointless for a lot of situations.
Also, I dont know how many people use this, but if theres a vehicle nearby on the radar and it disappears - then an enemy has most likely taken it, or vice versa if one suddenly appears in a position that you know doesnt spawn one. I use that to get around for an easy kill.
From my own experience in hacker games and non hacker games there is a thin line between being a hacker and using common sense.
IMO, the only real way to detect wallhacks in BF2 is a PB screenshot.

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-12 03:57:38)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6690|Melbourne, Australia

ZekersSneakers wrote:

Try going 60> -0 in the F35, it's insane how many people think that is impossible.
im no newb pilot i do however use the mouse and keyboard.. (but der is no real dif.. if u get locked on while ur in a f35 ur gonna die if ur flares aient charged)

on maps likle wake i realy realy try to stay up for as long as possible ill fly at around 400 - 500 feet an look below me so i can just see the outline of the island an any viechles.. i swoop down take em out an go bak up .. but amazingly for those 5 seconds i come down the j10s seem to find me!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

And have fun time watching every move of someone... Damn I think I'll go and do that and check all my files and everyone on each file...

Or not.
LOL

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

I'm sure there's plenty, but not as much as people claim in game...
Yeah, what he said.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of players using cheats. But given the thousands of BF2 players this still makes the chance you'll encounter one, randomly, fairly small.

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

I've had people tell me I'm hacking, and I'm not that great.
Ditto. You know if you're having a great game, and if it's not one of those when you can't seem to miss but you still get accused of being an aimbotter or whatever it kinda puts the average cheat accusation into perspective.

Most recently I had some noob sergeant accuse me of hacking for beating him in head-to-head sniper duels a couple of times in succession. Now I was having a good game, nothing amazing at all, and this guy has a sniper-rifle accuracy of less than 40% (his stats suck generally) plus he was using an SVD v. my M24
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

I've only confirmed two cheaters in BF2.  One I got on BR.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-12-12 05:56:56)

slicknic
+145|6596
u shoudl just cut to the parts showing where he cheats... but damn he sucks at cheating.. i bet hes not even close to first ><.. hed do better if he just had a brain.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard