SpecialOp21
+0|6676|USA
Alright, so I was just on Dalian Plant playing with my new joystick when I came across a guy named Doom-Avalanche spinning his chinese attack heli over the water maybe 300m away from the U.S. Carrier. The guy was in the heli by himself in the gunner seat, so when he was highlighted, as I strafed him with MG fire in my F35B, no name would show up. Yet, everytime I would come at him in missle mode, he would magically drop flares, despite being in the gunner seat 1 second before.

The guy was using TV missles to hit people on the deck of the carrier, and if that wasn't enough, he NEVER ran out of them. Infinite TV missles, somehow guided while the chopper spun in circles, AND it was a magic chopper that didn't need a pilot to keep from crashing into the ocean. Sound too good to be true? Wait! There's more! It also was immune to AA missles and MG fire from both my jet and the AA turret on the carrier. I made like 10 passes on it, but it refused to go down or even register my hits. At this point, I decided I'd had enough and tried to crash my jet straight into it. But to my surprise the unpiloted chopper moved just as I was about to smash into it. The round ended before I could try again...

The guy ended up finishing with 49 kills and 1 death (apparently before he started cheating) thanks to his magic helicopter. Maybe the U.S. miliary should contact him so they can purchase a bunch of these magic helis. I'm sure they'd be a hot ticket item...

In short, f**k you, Doom-Avalanche.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Hmm. Its possible to solo TV missile. I do this alot, with very good accuracy as long as you give a little bit allowance for the rightward spin and time your firing + some good control over the TV. I would just hover some distance from the helipad, TV opponent heli, get back control in driver mode, repeat as often as necessary until I run out of missiles etc etc.

I never tried this against a carrier though. Those AA guns on the Essex pack a BIG punch. The guns really tear apart the attack helis.

Maybe you just suck in a plane? =P

Inifinite TV missiles sound dodgy though... I hate having to go back to rearm and have some gunner punk jump on when I can line myself up and TV so much better.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
You got owned, theres nothing magical about shooting TV missles with no pilot.  You fly the chopper to the carrier, switch to gunner seat very quickly and fire the missile.  Then go back to pilot seat, aim the chopper, and repeat.

About you not being able to kill him, you were prob too stressed to kill him and thought he was invincible.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2005-12-27 20:40:12)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Alright, so I was just on Dalian Plant playing with my new joystick when I came across a guy named Doom-Avalanche spinning his chinese attack heli over the water maybe 300m away from the U.S. Carrier. The guy was in the heli by himself in the gunner seat, so when he was highlighted, as I strafed him with MG fire in my F35B, no name would show up. Yet, everytime I would come at him in missle mode, he would magically drop flares, despite being in the gunner seat 1 second before.

The guy was using TV missles to hit people on the deck of the carrier, and if that wasn't enough, he NEVER ran out of them. Infinite TV missles, somehow guided while the chopper spun in circles, AND it was a magic chopper that didn't need a pilot to keep from crashing into the ocean. Sound too good to be true? Wait! There's more! It also was immune to AA missles and MG fire from both my jet and the AA turret on the carrier. I made like 10 passes on it, but it refused to go down or even register my hits. At this point, I decided I'd had enough and tried to crash my jet straight into it. But to my surprise the unpiloted chopper moved just as I was about to smash into it. The round ended before I could try again...

The guy ended up finishing with 49 kills and 1 death (apparently before he started cheating) thanks to his magic helicopter. Maybe the U.S. miliary should contact him so they can purchase a bunch of these magic helis. I'm sure they'd be a hot ticket item...

In short, f**k you, Doom-Avalanche.
The moral of this story? Don't drink and fly. It's likely to end in tears and magic choppers. Teletubbies anybody?
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6709|Finland
There's nothing magic. When you press F2 while flying attack chopper alone you will change to as gunner. Chopper start spin but it start going to up, not down to ocean (if it's about stable when you switch to gunner). And after that you just shoot TV missile and you can aim it without pressures because choppre won't drop down to ocean or any AA guns won't take lock-on because there's no pilot in chopper at that moment. And you said he was 300 m away from carrier which mean it's damn easy to shoot that TV missile because you can turn missile so much with that distance. And I'm mostly flying alone with attack chopper too because most of pilots sucks (sorry, but that's so true). I get always ratio like 10 or better when I'm flying chopper alone and it's so easy. You just need to aim to left from target before switchin to gunner because chopper will spin to clockwise. So stop blaming anybody to cheater before you have any facts of that. There's nothing special when flying chopper alone and in clan matches every pilot is doing that (or if not then they should start to do it).
SpecialOp21
+0|6676|USA
Lol, ok guys, whatever you want to think. I have no trouble hitting things with MG fire, so don't try to tell me I was missing him. I mow down infantry on occasion. I even took the essex AA gun and unloaded it directly on him...nothing. He was spinning in a very small circle, so it's not like he was dodging my fire. And don't give me that shyt about being able to switch to gunner mode and leave the chopper without a pilot. I fly choppers enough to know that you can only do that for a very short time before you crash. This guy did it for 15 minutes straight. Choppers do not hover at the same height forever when you bail or jump into the gunner chair. They either climb or crash.

Don't bitch at me for posting a complaint in the complaints section, and don't tell me to get the facts, etc...because you have no clue what when on except what I tell you. If you don't like my opinion on exploiters and hackers, then you can ignore this post. Whatever the case, the guy never left the spot to go repair/get more ammo, and took a hell of a lot of fire from myself and others. Therefore, something that was not at all legit went on.

By the way, the "magic heli thing" was sarcasm for those of you that are too slow to figure that out. 

Reminder: Complaints are written in this section, brace yourself.

Last edited by SpecialOp21 (2005-12-27 22:05:01)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn
You shameless unsympathetic fools! All of you unbelievers! (apart from me of course ) Can't you see that this poor soul badly needs a hug. Somebody give him a hug quick! I can't do it cos I ain't gay...sorry!
SpecialOp21
+0|6676|USA
Ehh, no need for a hug. I just find it funny when people try to convince me of things that clearly did not happen.

Also, I just went and did some pilot/gunner switching in a heli, and every single time, no matter how well I made it hover before switching to gunner, the chopper either flipped or went off in some random direction after 10 seconds. This sort of switching is NOT what I was pointing out; I already knew you could do it. This guy was doing this, but he was amazingly able to keep it in a *perfect* spin for the whole game. The amount of time it takes for a TV missle to go 300m is at least 10 seconds, yet this guy never flipped or even deviated from his tight spin in the least.

So, to appease those that think they know all, I'll categorize it as exploiting and using some outside program to both aid in keeping him aloft, keeping him with as many missles as needed, and making the hitbox for his chopper so small that you couldn't hit it if it were sitting on the ground in front of you.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

For someone who has aviator stats like these:

Aviator 04:46:46 96 55 1.75 19

I find it hard to believe that you have 'No problems hitting things with MG fire'

If you achieve a PERFECT HOVER (The green circle matches your crosshair in the middle of your horizontal artificial horizons), you will ONLY spin right (clockwise) in a PERFECT circle. Its a bitch to fire your TV like this though because you have to force the missile DOWN before pointing it towards a target, but your chopper will be perfectly safe.

Now what I think happened IMHO is that some guy who's pretty good at this Heli Solo TV thingy owned the heck out of him. And now he's sore. Simple
BudRell
+2|6807|Home
Seems to be some ignorant pricks still who say "there's nothing strange". Wank away retards. If you can't make a difference between a cheat and normal action then you cant.
BlueScreen
+5|6709|Finland
OMG! I see that you are used chopper 13 hrs how many times you have been flyed alone and used TV missiles at the same time? I think that answer is zero. I'm used chopper over 100 hrs (not much but enough and 1/4 of my total time) in public servers and I'm flyed maybe 1/3 of that time alone and used TV missile at the same time. If your chopper is stable and you change to gunner chopper start spinning and going to up (test it if you don't belive me). And if he was 300 m away I just want to know how you don't have probmlems to hit that (with your stats). It's damn hard to hit with even one single bullet from 300 m with MG. And again.. It's not hard to shoot TV missile while flying chopper alone. It's about same than with good pilot, you just need aim to left from target before switching to gunner. You can AIM with TV missile and change targed as many time as you want while missile is flying so from 300 m it's much easier than like from 50 m.  But it's not my or our problem if you can't understand it but it's not cheating.
prettybird
+10|6694
what a dumbass, 300m is too risky cause of the essex problably, 550-600 meters from carrier is just right for 1 seater misslers. i love 1 seating people from 600+ distances...like shooting fish in a barrell. they start looking around as though the missiles are coming from no where. doesnt get better than either 1 seating the carrier or having a pilot who hovers at a safe distance to let u tv and of course a pilot who lines up his gunner.
BudRell
+2|6807|Home
READ what the 1st guy wrote at the 1st posting. He wrote that this wonderboy was shot too...
If you can hover like nothing happens when you are getting fire, boy you are the one and only in the world.

I haven't seen any chopper that won't drop like a shit from the sky if you shoot the chopper with couple of rockets. Even if it doesn't drop it will not keep it's steady hovering. You can check my air defence stats too for that.

Last edited by BudRell (2005-12-28 12:44:47)

dukel33to
Begorrah!
+2|6665|Birmingham, UK
Let's see now;
stats for Doom-Avalanche
Helicopter      350:04:23      23,692      7,848      3.02      1,651

I can smell summat.......
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6691
Infinite TV missiles = hack

Doesn't matter how "good" he was at doing it, when he didn't need to rearm he hacked, it's as simple as that.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
As other people have said, 1 manning the attack chopper and shooting tv missiles is very possible, and in fact some of the most deadly choppers ive ever seen were soloed. "Why?" you ask? I'll make a list:

1. while in the gunners seat the helicopter will float upwards in circles, at pretty much the maximum altitude gaining speed. This makes it very hard for other helicopters to catch, let alone fight them. thats if they can get off the ground while being sniped from 600m.

2. Missiles will not lock onto a helicopter with no pilot, despite the fact that the missiles are HEAT seeking, and not PILOT seeking. I feel like slapping some Dice coders around for that one.

3. An addendum to #1, a solo helicopter can shoot as many as 4 tv missiles at another approaching attack helicopter before theyre in rocket range, and shooting tv missiles upward at the solo helicopter is very, very hard.

4. Most airplane pilots arent good enough to kill attack helicopters with just the gun.

5. Its not cheating, but damn is it annoying and unrealistic. If you mentioned to any real attack-helicopter pilot that he/she should try to switch to the gunners seat and fire missiles, they'd slap you for being a retard.

conclusion? Flying around by yourself and using the tv missiles is a ridiculous, and gives the person a serious edge on the competition. If you like tv missiles that much, find yourself a pilot. Hell, ill fly you around.
If you really dont want to fly with someone else, learn to use the pilot's rockets. I fly alone all the time, killing people with the pilot rockets is very easy if you know what youre doing. and despite giving 20000+ kills to my gunners, i have a better ratio than doom-avalanche. So seriously kids, just say no to solo-tv missiling, and hopefully EA/Dice will pull their head out of their ass and nerf this practice sometime soon.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

*Grin* Skruples: But how many crappy pilots d'you wanna sit out? Sure the pilot rockets are good, i've been learning to shoot them pretty accurately (through windows, doors, at infantry etc.) but nothing beats a TV for pin point accuracy Why go all the way to the helipad and get your ass torn open by AA and jeeps there when you can take him out around 500 m away

{edit} I'll love to have someone who knows what he's doing fly me around for once. I'm tired of pilots who: don't have VOIP, don't speak to me, don't inform me of wtf he's doing, don't look out for opponent choppers. The list goes on. A wonderful chopper team is an asset to the team. Nowdays this wonderful chopper team is made up of my fingers pressing F1 and F2.{edit}

Last edited by polarbearz (2005-12-28 18:04:35)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

polarbearz wrote:

I'm tired of pilots who: don't speak to me
Sounds like you want to be chatted up while playing BF2
BlueScreen
+5|6709|Finland
Well in Dalian Plant you have that Flag on beach so you can repair and reload weapons there. Maybe he did it when you was death? Serioysly. And Dukel33to: I smell only skill.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Sounds like you want to be chatted up while playing BF2
Oh shut it you LOL I was laughing so hard at that.

If you've VOIP USE IT, unless you're going to yak away in an Asian Language STFU.

Before you call me a racist please note that i AM chinese and asian. I just find the language incredibly grating to the ears (the rest thai, japanese etc. Not Chinese).
Flyboy63
+8|6674|South Australia
I saw this too. It was on an Internode server right?
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6723
Yeah I am going to say skill on this one. I tested this out, I got the circle between the crosshairs, and my chopper did nothing but spin straight up. Took a bit to get used to firing the missiles and angling them down but totally possible.
Opiate
+0|6695|Ontario, Canada
I think most of the hack sympathisers are the very ones that play dodgy and quite possibly have hacked someway themselves. Are we really so ignorant to the large amount of hacking that goes on in BF2? The guy was probably skilled but if he says he wasn't getting damaged and that would mean he wasn't even smoking? I guess I would have to be there but it sounds like buddy had some advantages.
TSal2111
+1|6717
just ram his ass next time.. nuff said.   if he survives that.. then get suspect.

Last edited by TSal2111 (2005-12-29 01:21:42)

prettybird
+10|6694

polarbearz wrote:

*Grin* Skruples: But how many crappy pilots d'you wanna sit out? Sure the pilot rockets are good, i've been learning to shoot them pretty accurately (through windows, doors, at infantry etc.) but nothing beats a TV for pin point accuracy Why go all the way to the helipad and get your ass torn open by AA and jeeps there when you can take him out around 500 m away

{edit} I'll love to have someone who knows what he's doing fly me around for once. I'm tired of pilots who: don't have VOIP, don't speak to me, don't inform me of wtf he's doing, don't look out for opponent choppers. The list goes on. A wonderful chopper team is an asset to the team. Nowdays this wonderful chopper team is made up of my fingers pressing F1 and F2.{edit}
I'll fly you. we should go at a round sometime, i'm pretty good at piloting and co piloting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard