nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6729|Falsterbo Sweden
I haven't had any problems with my BF2 and SF but just recently I can't do anything. As soon as i try to login it just say that it couldn't connect or something. My internet has also gone really slow.

Does anyone know some sort of solution to this or what it may be, I would be very greatfull.

Sry for my bad English
thinner44
+1|6812
Your English is fine... I wish my Swedish was as good . It sounds as if your internet connection is the route of all your problems. Post some specs if you can and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out
XxSpleefxX
+0|6719
If your Internet connectoin is slow open a service ticket with your provider.  However, if you have a problem on your PC, like a CPU hog then that could also make your Internet connection appear slow.  What troubleshooting did you do to make you think the Internet was slow for you?
nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6729|Falsterbo Sweden

XxSpleefxX wrote:

If your Internet connectoin is slow open a service ticket with your provider.  However, if you have a problem on your PC, like a CPU hog then that could also make your Internet connection appear slow.  What troubleshooting did you do to make you think the Internet was slow for you?
I have 10 Mbit internet connection, I think, and it has never taken so long for me to load pages and stuff. The speed simply for my computer is fine, but when it comes to the internet...

Starting BF2 works until you come to the login, then it just lags for about five minutes and a BF2 "pop-up" comes up and says "The server has refused the connection".
thinner44
+1|6812
You need to open a ticket. Have a look at any of the 'check speed' sites to see if what you're expecting just doesn't show, although it's not conclusive proof of fault, it's a least a guide. From what you're saying, the speed of your pc is fine, but everytime you try to connect to a server you have a problem.

Have you looked for spyware/adware, if you have lots of these you have what's known as 'clog factor', which can slow down your connection considerably...especially if your connection is hijacked and is trying to send your information off in another direction. Also look for Virus or trojan.... these too will affect your connection and data transfer.... If all these are clean, do you have a 'broadband medic' installed that can detect problems? ... There's a whole host of reasons why, but check the most obvious and that's your provider

I've put this link in, been to the site to make sure it's genuine  http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

My results are what I expected

Speed
1.7 megabits per second

Communications 1.7 megabits per second
Storage 206.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 5 seconds
Subjective rating Great

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-12-28 13:10:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard