tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
KillerAEFT came up with these questions:

"Do commanders receive kill assist points while back seating? Better still, do your commander arty kills count towards an aerial ribbon's 19 kills while in the bomber's backseat????"

can anybody help answer please?

maybe this should be in the help section, now that i think about it......

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-28 11:24:16)

slidero
You will get driver kill assists for the kills the pilot makes, and yeah I'm guessing arty kills count towards the ribbon.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6830|Delaware
Arty kills while copilot do count, but you have to be in the bomber when you call it and when it hits. I'm not sure about the driver things, but I'll take Slidero's word for it.
slidero
^You will get the driver points in your stats, but you don't actually get the teamwork points from them.  Or at least I'm pretty sure.
KillerAFET
+3|6789|Abilene, Texas
I think I need to hook up with a GOOD pilot and go for a ride.  I'll accrue aircraft time, rack up assist points and also get kills from arty while the pilot gets assists from my arty kills and supply drops!!!  Little bling airplane ribbon here I come!!!

"FREE TO A GOOD HOME - 1 good commander.  Supports squads that play as squads with UAVs, drops arty on masses of red dots, launches supplies in anticipation of need and spots where the UAV is not in use.  Has his own USB headsets with boom mic for VOIP communication"

Last edited by KillerAFET (2005-12-28 12:16:13)

(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
Anything can happen when you are commander so that why some people include me suggest that when you being commander , find something to sit like aa or mounted weapons or anything because it will count. Now if you look at my stats, I have 279 kills in aa, 75% of those ikilld are commander business.
armin
+0|6765| Bosnia & Herzegovina
good point on the arty... i'm having hell of a time getting teh air ribbon
FunKz
+1|6790|Melbourne, Australia
Gez just pilot the bomber for the air ribbon, its not that hard.
sleepy127
+4|6747
I got my vet med badge while commander and only had to kill the 2 chinese that got on my aircraft carrier.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
anybody wanna be a pilot for this here noob commander?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Exactly. I would think its harder to COMMAND for the Aerial Service Ribbon.

tthf, the bear express is at your serveice
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
thanks mr bearz!
tried my hand at commanding last night....kinda enjoyed it....
helped by the fact that i got gold medals the 2 times i commanded.... heheh
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

*laughs* i bet you got them cheap on EA Japan/Korea 16 players DON'T LIE

I was on EASG with Hengboy @ around 2 AM. Had 4 great rounds 2 x Daqing Oilfields, 2 x Songhua. Bomber bomber blackhawk blackhawk. Life is so much simpler in the air

I wonder who was in your games you aren't stealing a gold medal off ME
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
heh!!!
i was actually on the easg 36player server! about 10 or 11 pm
2 rounds of fushe pass, chinese commander, our team couldn't form a single squad yet we won 60+ to nil and 109 to nil.

yeah was playing against hengboy h as well.... we kinda traded a few blows. think he edged me out slightly though.. mikeshw was around for awhile too..

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-28 20:17:15)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

LIES!

Hengboy's going all out for his WCR he's almost there. Needs the commander hours though so I'm letting him rack them up r0fl.

He used to be =DOM=Hengboy until he quit DOM so techinically this is his SECOND 1st Sgt. account I used to laugh at people who thought he was n00b juz cuz he was a PFC or something along those lines. That kid's got some skills. But we're just ruining each other's ratios. =P In the middle of the night in EASG both of us pad our death streaks by challenging each other to stupid stunts. Which explains our incredibly high death streaks.

We're PADDERS! WE LOVE PADDING DEATHS!

I couldn't get on that early was with my darling little sister 
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01

polarbearz wrote:

LIES!
LOL!
Yer just jealous cuz a noobass commander (me!) scored golds the first 2 times he tried it! ahhh.... guess its just beginners luck.....

am scoring a half day off work today... so guess what i will be doing after luch??????????
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Going for a quick romp in a hotel room?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
now that you mentioned it....NAH! its nicer at home.....
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Quick Romp At Home! :d:d:d:d
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
don't you just love it when we just go off the thread topic????? lol
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Haha.

Don't you think its kinda wasteful for the commander to sit in the gunner's seat of the bomber? PUt it this way.

You + Me = I kill 40 people + 10 random assists = 90 points = Adds 6 points to your commander score (roughly taking 90/15 Assuming commander score = Score received divided by total players on your side alive). You get a total of 6 points (x 2 = 12 because no one loses with me bombing )

If you let someone ELSE gun, he'll get an additional 40-45 points, which means an additional 6 points to your final score! Rest assured he won't kill anything (not with ME flying anyway I only line up for my little sister ), but if he gets that 40-45 points, you get around 18 points final score from your jet team as compared to the 12 if you were sitting in it.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
hmmmm you have a point there...

but if i got 19 arty kills i would get my aeriel ribbon......
heh.. me teh cheetorzz
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6718|th3 unkn0wn
You don't necessarily need a good jet pilot. Just a mate to keep the plane up in the air for the whole round while you command in the back seat though at the end of the day anyone aiming for their air ribbon should earn it the way it should be earned and that's by becoming a good or at least decent jet pilot.

Who knows? You might possess the skill to become a top gun but haven't given it enough practice. It's amazing how good one can become at something in life through sheer effort and perserverence and realise that they had it in them but had never bothered to try that little bit harder before finding out. Oh and owning a decent joystick certainly helps.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Nope. no joysticks. Mouse and keyboard all the way.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
well, i be off a commanding......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard