dragon102
+0|6698|Elyria OH
Yes i installed the new patch V1.12 and i can run the game fine but if quit and try to play again windows closes the program. Any Idea's

2600 semprom
1gb ram
9600 radeon
xp pro

Thank you
Hyper
Banned
+154|6753
i got the exact same problem
if i run my game and exit it
i have to reboot before i can run bf2 again..it gives me an error if i dont
very annoying
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6752|Netherlands
i got it to but got no error but on my comp the game is very laggy if i dont reboot
SodaBob
+-1|6846|Indiana, US
Here's a story for you.

A woman walks into her doctor's office and says to her doctor, "Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arms like this!"

The doctor replies, "then don't raise your arms!"

That being said, does your computer fulfill the minimum specifications for the game/expansion?  If not, that may be an issue that would cause this sort of behavior.  Also, make sure you have all the latest video and sound drivers installed for you specific equipment.  You might also look into whether there are updated drivers for your motherboard, for example.

Bob.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6753
all of these are non issues for me
shrugs
dragon102
+0|6698|Elyria OH
I Reinstalled all drivers game has worked flawlessly in the past and is still not working now!! Could this be something to do with the new patch1.12.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6752|Netherlands
i got a brand new pc with this specs

-Gigabyte MB K8NXP-SLI AMD (socket 939)
-AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ Boxed (socket 939)
-Asus Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT 256Mb
-2xCrucial 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz

so it cant be my pc
dragon102
+0|6698|Elyria OH
i reinstalled windows and everything else no more problems sucks but hey got it done
James_Bond_US
+0|6686
I know what your problem is..You cannot permanantly fix this problem though.
press ctrl+alt+del, click on processes, then select the processe under your user name that says "BF2.exe"
then click end process and say yes, and start up BF2 again.

May have to repeat this step.
dragon102
+0|6698|Elyria OH
nope doesnt come up
ninja6o4
+3|6725
I had same problem. What fixed it for me was putting in my original BF2 disc, because when i had the SF disc 1 in the drive, it would crash after 2 rounds and not let me load the game until i rebooted.

Other option, eject and re-insert disc and hit Play BF2 off the autoplay menu. This works too
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6703

James_Bond_US wrote:

I know what your problem is..You cannot permanantly fix this problem though.
press ctrl+alt+del, click on processes, then select the processe under your user name that says "BF2.exe"
then click end process and say yes, and start up BF2 again.

May have to repeat this step.
This is almost right, but i believe the right process to end is something along the lines of ~e5.0001
ending that should let you open a new instance of bf2.
Rico-Chez
+0|6685
I've got the same problem, think it came in before 1.12.  It's clear that BF2 isn't always closing itself down properly.  Sometimes it closes down properly if I only play a single game or on a single server.  As above, if you use Windows Task Manager->Processes, you can see the two processes that BF2 fails to close.  While these remain open, you can't start a new BF2 process.

I've always been able to manually kill the BF2.exe process using the Windows Task Manager, after which, after a few seconds,  the ~e5.0001 has always followed suit.  I've never needed to reboot.

I was hoping that this was a common enough problem (and easy enough to fix) for the developers to find and sort out in the 1.12 patch.  The fact that this hasn't happened suggests that the problem only hits some of us, implying that it is dependent on specific PC configuration.

Last edited by Rico-Chez (2006-01-11 08:57:01)

gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6725|England

Rico-Chez wrote:

I've got the same problem, think it came in before 1.12.  It's clear that BF2 isn't always closing itself down properly.  Sometimes it closes down properly if I only play a single game or on a single server.  As above, if you use Windows Task Manager->Processes, you can see the two processes that BF2 fails to close.  While these remain open, you can't start a new BF2 process.

I've always been able to manually kill the BF2.exe process using the Windows Task Manager, after which, after a few seconds,  the ~e5.0001 has always followed suit.  I've never needed to reboot.

I was hoping that this was a common enough problem (and easy enough to fix) for the developers to find and sort out in the 1.12 patch.  The fact that this hasn't happened suggests that the problem only hits some of us, implying that it is dependent on specific PC configuration.
yes i have to do the exact same really annoying when u gotta open up task manager just to delete a process EA and dice should fix this not the hardest thing to fix
Adonlude
+2|6782
I have a similar problem. If I end all my Norton processes before starting the game then the game sits at the logging into account screen permanently and I have to reboot. I can still disable Norton processes after game has started but then I have to reboot if I want to close and restart BF2. Weird.
morbesso666
+0|6767|Givataim, Israel
Hey thanks people I think you resolved my problem.
It didn't quit to me the second time I launch BF2, but when I connect to servers it sometimes quits.
So maybe after I quit battlefield 2 and want to play again, I'd just reboot and it'll play alright.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard