Ryan
+1,230|6883|Alberta, Canada

well i tried tweaking my graphics and stuff, still laggy. I played singleplayer, got around 50-60 points each round. why can't i do that in multiplayer???

i usually get 40-50 a round on karkand, so i guess i should just go back to playing regular bf2.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6877|Finland
Hmm let me think...
Wait its coming soon...
HEY I THINK I GOT IT! No wait...
Ok i got it.

Ever thought that bots MIGHT be a bit worse players than other real players?
mattajohnstone
+15|6828
this isnt a joke my granny had a go on single player she is 71 years old and she got 11 kills and 4 deaths and thats the first time she has ever been on a pc lmao
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6804|mansfield
lol this question is sooooooooo lame
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6818|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Being good against bots is one thing, being good against the living is quite another. In single I could just pick up a tank and overrun the map without dying. So why can't I do that online - because Humans aren't programmed with predictable strategy (well... I really should rephrase that as I often catch players repeating common attack lanes without regard to the fact that the enemy might just expect that ).

Bot aren't inherently bad (although the BF2 ones are quite bad), I hated how bots in BF1942 were insanely accurate against planes with the mounted machine gun on tanks. Most humans didn't have accuracy like that. But these bots don't use claymores, C4, bunnyhop, dolphin dive or even move when you fire at them.

My advice is don't play single player to get better. Work hard playing online, stick by higher ranked players, watch, learn, emulate and then finally create your own style.
tj-dublin83
+0|6754|Dublin, Ireland

ryan_14 wrote:

well i tried tweaking my graphics and stuff, still laggy. I played singleplayer, got around 50-60 points each round. why can't i do that in multiplayer???

i usually get 40-50 a round on karkand, so i guess i should just go back to playing regular bf2.
ryan_14  bots in single player do the same routine over and over agian, The single player is there to help you with the controls, chopper, jet etc (well, thats the only reason I ever played it!!)

when it comes to the multi-player, you generally have to use the old noggin' if you want any decent score, besides that's what makes BF2 so damn addictive cos' your playing real ppl, not just 150 lines of code.

------ Hi, my name is tj-dublin [ppl in the bf2 AA meeting, say hi tj] and  i am an addict of bf2---------
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6767|Debris From Space
LOL.

Are you kiddin me?? The bots strafe sideways, shooting their AK-101, unzoomed, wildly in your direction. And they are the only BF2 players (if you can call them that) that actually seriously believe that they can destroy a tank with their knife. Plus, when you ask for ammo or a medic, they just stand there and wait rather then throwing one down and getting on with the game.
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6744
maybe beacuse u play easeyon single player.    LOL!!
Ryan

sorry if it was a lame question, i shouldve known the answer. its just that i usally end up with 10 kills and 50 deaths at the end o a round. either its just me, or my computer...or both.
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6736

idiotofwar wrote:

And they are the only BF2 players (if you can call them that) that actually seriously believe that they can destroy a tank with their knife.
... *raises hand* I've done it... Well, after two guys eryxed a tank, I ran at it and stabbed the track (just to screw around; the round was almost over) and SOMEHOW I got the kills. I surprised myself, as well.
LemonChicken61
+0|6758|Minneapolis, MN USA
Don't dispair ryan_14.  Practice, practice, practice and have fun with it.
uber73
+188|6792|Brisbane
jeez.... does anyone EVER play offline? good god, i dont play ANY game offline.  i have games here on my shelves that i bought for online, even tho they are offline games.

offline pretty much sucks arse.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6767|Debris From Space

0mikr0n wrote:

idiotofwar wrote:

And they are the only BF2 players (if you can call them that) that actually seriously believe that they can destroy a tank with their knife.
... *raises hand* I've done it... Well, after two guys eryxed a tank, I ran at it and stabbed the track (just to screw around; the round was almost over) and SOMEHOW I got the kills. I surprised myself, as well.
Yes you were screwing around. You don't run around in BF2 thinking you can knife tanks 24/7 do you?
Ryan

uber73 wrote:

jeez.... does anyone EVER play offline? good god, i dont play ANY game offline.  i have games here on my shelves that i bought for online, even tho they are offline games. offline pretty much sucks arse.
i was tweaking my graphics, so i was testing it on singleplayer. i still have lag like crazy. i ebtter not have any in regular bf2.
chickenmuncher
+2|6791| U.S.A.
ryan_14 ....please go hang yourself
thinner44
+1|6850

chickenmuncher wrote:

ryan_14 ....please go hang yourself
Good to see the level of response wasn't as bad as this idiots was.... geez, why o why do you have to be so evil.

ryan.... as many have said before, the bots are pre programmed and follow a set pattern, so it's fairly obvious you would be able to outsmart them, hell, when I get fed up of idiots on a server I often play a SP game, just for the hell of it, and always ALWAYS kill without dying.... it's a far cry from the MP version, but it's there to be enjoyed at your leisure
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6760
Hey, you're better than me. I usually get rounds like -300 in singleplayer
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6816|Scotland!!!
ryan, maby time for a new pc or upgrade
willandmav
+0|6735
what is your internet connection like, maybe that is what is causing you to lag.

i actually found that BF2 ran smoother when i am playing multiplayer than it did on single player.

also dont worry about not scoring well, im hopeless but i still have fun, and you do get better
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6796

ryan_14 wrote:

50-60 aginst bots?  that is sad, truly sad.  I get that score practiving single support in a blackhawk (get in position, set throtal to full so you start ascending, switch to gunner.  Lay down death, jump back in pilot seat after BH starts falling or banking to sharply.

Hell if I get on the ground, or take a vehicle designed for offence you are talking about hundreds of points per round.
Ryan

ok lol i might have fixed the lag problem, i got 50-60 points with a hugely lagging computer, so thats pretty good, but just now i got 147, just as an infantry ground soldier, never hopped in a vehicle once.

i have hi speed internet, and its fuly connected so i doubt that is the problem.

btw, thanks for calling me lame and sad, and insulting me lol. so sorry, so so sorry that my computer doesnt cost 4000$ and it cant run properly. im no Blazin.uk either.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2005-12-28 18:47:02)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6781|United States
The only time I play single player is to releave anger from online play.  I just run around tk'ing everyone I see.
plaid_retina
+10|6735|Memphis, Tn
Ryan, if your computer sucks set all of the graphic settings on low, then try to play. If you are new to the game you are going to die a lot until you gain some experience.
plaid_retina
+10|6735|Memphis, Tn
Also, when you connect on line choose the servers with the lowest ping, The lower the better.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6779|Finland
Can I laugh? Well I do that anyways..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard