JesusElSavior
+0|6769

MajorGeneral wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

jedijz wrote:

Well, if history has taught us anything...http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html
The French help in The Revolution but it was a different kind of war They kicked our ass but knew it was a waste of time. They let there other colonys go also eventually. We didnt need the French to win but we love them for it.

Hey Frenchies you should see all the things here named after Lafayette and Rochamboue
Actually I am afraid that we would be saying Heil Stalin... not heil hitler. Without USA the USSR would have defeated Germany because they had an army bigger than americas and Germany + allies together... That is a lot. I am thankful towards USA for that reason. OMG having Stalin as Führer of Europe.. lolzor
Patton had a good point, and I wish they would have followed his advice, and continued on to the Soviet Union.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6796|MA, USA

CreepingDeath wrote:

TheDrNailsGuy wrote:

I would never fight against the us millitary, but I have to admit that the asian millitaries would be the worst enemy to have to fight.  They have proven it.  They are very brutal, violent, and plain don't care about life the same way as the U.S. does.
And they have proven it not once but twice Korean and Vietnam wars. They kicked our asses..
Police action my ass. They where both wars.Two wars  us, US lost not once but twice.People for sure will say that we only lost them because of politics . BS we lost them because our military sucked, and was to busy getting high and fucking the woman over there.
!?!?

Vietnam:  Vietnam was a political failure...never a military one.  The ratio of deaths between US and Vietnamese Combatants was 1:10.  The US won every significant engagement.  After the war the Vietnamese admitted that the VC was almost entirely destroyed when US forces left.  From day one our forces were restrained from attacking the enemy on his home ground, and his supplies flowed virtually freely through Cambodia and Laos.  We STILL kicked their asses more often than not.  We left because we lacked the political will to continue, not because our forces were incapable.

Korea:  US/UN forces took the entirety of the Korean peninsula from North Korean forces.  It was only when a HUGE army from China came down that the US/UN troops got pushed back to the 38th parallel.  Even so, they managed to hold them there, and force a truce.  Not bad in the face of an army that was numerically superior by a VAST margin.

You don't know what you are talking about.  Read a book and get a clue.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754
china always helps their commie allies... bastards...

even since the US lost both wars, they are still the most powerful country on the planet, why? 12,000+ nukes all left over from the cold war
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Razgriz131
+0|6737
Just remember French tanks (yes they do have them) have five different gears Forward,Fast Reverse, Pissing Yourself Reverse, and my personal favorite the OH SHIT THEYRE SHOOTING AT US THIS ISNT LIKE TRAINING Reverse
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6791

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

even since the US lost both wars, they are still the most powerful country on the planet, why? 12,000+ nukes all left over from the cold war
Korea wasn't a lost war. Look at South Korea, and North Korea today. Which one has a better economy, a more educated populace? South Korea wins hands down. Hyundai makes fine cars and ships.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754

freebirdpat wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Korea wasn't a lost war. Look at South Korea, and North Korea today. Which one has a better economy, a more educated populace? South Korea wins hands down. Hyundai makes fine cars and ships.
they way they lost the war is the have korea splited, thats how they lost. if its just korea, not north or south. US wouldnt have nuclear threats from the north now would they?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
vedds
+52|6793|Christchurch New Zealand

sharpshot19 wrote:

on the whole dad thing....i dont thinks so......mines ex special forces, hes got all the top training and got a 2nd degree black belt in tai kwain do....i wouldnt wanna mess with him lol
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6796|MA, USA

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

they way they lost the war is the have korea splited, thats how they lost. if its just korea, not north or south. US wouldnt have nuclear threats from the north now would they?
US isn't threatened by North Korean nuclear weapons, as they don't have a delivery system capable of hitting US.  Asia is threatened, not North America.  At best the North Koreans  _MIGHT_  be able to hit part of Alaska.  And that is a stretch.

Also, Korea was split at the end of WWII, not by the Korean war.  The US/UN mission in the Korean war was to keep North Korea from taking control of South Korea.  Mission Accomplished.

Again, get a clue.  Read a book.

Last edited by whittsend (2005-12-29 12:18:41)

Jingotsu
+0|6748|Ontario, Canada
Canada has an outstanding Army. I am a Captain in that Army. The press beats us down to make us seem like shit. But we are kicking ass. It's been proven that Canada has better training than the U.S. We are currently in Afghanistan helping other countries search for that Son of a bitch Osama. We do have new desert camo'. Not the oak leaf any more. So don't any one say Canada has a shitty Military. You'd better not say any country has a shitty Military until you've enlisted and served at least 2 years.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6796|MA, USA

Jingotsu wrote:

Canada has an outstanding Army.
OK.

Jingotsu wrote:

I am a Captain in that Army.
Hmm.  I have my doubts.

Jingotsu wrote:

It's been proven that Canada has better training than the U.S.
One would expect a Captain to phrase that a bit more diplomatically.  In any case, that's a pretty bold statement, care to back it up?  WHICH training?  Ever been to JRTC?  NTC?  JOTC (Doesn't exist anymore)?  Benning?  Bragg?  Drum?

Jingotsu wrote:

We are currently in Afghanistan helping other countries search for that Son of a bitch Osama.
Thank you.

Jingotsu wrote:

So don't any one say Canada has a shitty Military. You'd better not say any country has a shitty Military until you've enlisted and served at least 2 years.
I have 12 years in; my only issue with Canada's military is its size.  And Captains don't enlist, they are commissioned.  Oops.

Last edited by whittsend (2005-12-29 13:11:34)

Jingotsu
+0|6748|Ontario, Canada
You idiot. I enlisted when I was 18. I've risen up through the ranks. I am talking about ARMY training. Not the Marines, not the Air Force, not the Navy. ARMY.

And I don't care if you have doubts about me being a Captain or not. You don't hold any meaning over my life. Do I care what you believe what I say? Not a single bit.

Last edited by Jingotsu (2005-12-29 13:12:11)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6796|MA, USA

Jingotsu wrote:

You idiot. I enlisted when I was 18. I've risen up through the ranks. I am talking about ARMY training. Not the Marines, not the Air Force, not the Navy. ARMY.

And I don't care if you have doubts about me being a Captain or not. You don't hold any meaning over my life. Do I care what you believe what I say? Not a single bit.
Yes.  Army.  12 Years of it.  2 Combat tours.

I'll say it again.  Officers don't enlist, they are commissioned. 

I noticed you aren't in a hurry to discuss your vaunted training.  "ARMY training" isn't very descriptive.

If you are a Captain, I'm a General.

Last edited by whittsend (2005-12-29 13:26:49)

Valhalabound
+0|6759
Militaries and individual units are like sports teams.  Anyone can beat another on the right day.  The big boys get over confident and need to accept lower standards to fill their quotas, the poor boys make up with better, more intense trainning and can be choosey about who they take.  Everyone likes cheering for he home team, and local propaganda will accentuate that.  I'm Canadian, I think JTF2 is a world class unit with the little info that's published.  I know the basic soldier is trained on a larger array of material than regular US army soldiers.  But their troops are equiped with much better stuff on the whole, still they can't get intact armoured HMMVs to their basic troops and body armour as needed.  But they can drop pretty damn expensive bombs on friendly troops and you don't see a plane launched without a full armourment. Go figure.   Usually a loss is blammed on the troops, the political will or the commanders.  I believe failure is never due to one mistake, but as a result of several.
Valhalabound
+0|6759
The nature of Canada's military is to provide the infrastructure necessary to train a large amount of troops in a short time period.  We don't believe (we being a substancial possibly majority myself and political leaders) that spending more than half of the federal budget on military makes sense for the people of Canada.  We'd rather have health care and education (not just military training) and so forth.  Our population is only around 30 million or so.  We want highly trainned individuals to train those that are necessary for a real confrontation.  Read the Great War and WW2.  Because we want an ecconomically efficient military, we don't have many 'elite units' instead we up the level of our basic units. JTF2 and other special units draw their members from the regular divisions.  Were the US marines draw their members from the general public.  They are two approches each serves it's country best.  I am not a military person, although I tried to get into RMC, the Royal Military College and failed at leadership training.  I'm sure every organization has its failures and members of those organizations that are posting here complain about them all day with their colleagues and then ignore them when comparing themselves to some other unit.  It's natural don't feel guilty just remember, every unit has faliures, no unit has been unanamously fair to its prisoners, no units are free from bad commanders or idiots of every rank and every unit has something to be proud of.
Tarasque
+0|6756|Norway
I would debate that the US spec forces and it's branches are the most adaptable to an all round war operations. Barly due to the fact they've been operating everywhere with that experience. And as the world stands today they pretty mutch have to be a jack of all trades.

But there will never be a best, cause frankly there are as many different operation scenarios as there are contries. And the best top trained military unit's are usually located in their respective contries and fighting on home turf.

Example: Australia, now i wouldnt wanna be the ones meeting them in the outback. Dehydratet before we could fire the first bullet. But then again spec forces dont fight spec forces. They are both smart enough to avoid eatchother.

End of the day, everybody got somthing to teach one another. Luckily most of the badasses play on the same team
vedds
+52|6793|Christchurch New Zealand

Tarasque wrote:

I would debate that the US spec forces and it's branches are the most adaptable to an all round war operations. Barly due to the fact they've been operating everywhere with that experience. And as the world stands today they pretty mutch have to be a jack of all trades.
I'd punt that the NZ Army - in particular the NZSAS are up there in terms of adaptability - simply because they are underfunded and understaffed. We dont have all the cool toys for our chaps that the septics and even the aussies have ( only just replaced our Vietnam era M113s with the LAV). We also have a national identuity with getting your head down and getting things done with what is to hand ( the No. 8 wire mentality if you please). Our troops are in Afganistan on a reconstruction (regular army) and special forces role - Dubya issued a presidential citation to the NZSAS for their work in Afganistan.

Our SAS  HAVE to be the "jack of all trades" because there is noone else.

There, Ive said it; my dad CAN beat up your dad

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard