FeloniousMonk
+0|6747
The last thing we need is to get into another argument about who's special operations units are the best. The bottom line is that since none of you have ever served in such units it's a moot point to argue.
Speed84
+0|6782|Norge/Norway/Norwegen
Those that have served with the armed forces of their nation can describe what they mean is their strong/weak point. And how they precived other nations forces that they have fought/trained with.
1234BGD
+1|6762

Bert10099 wrote:

If I were to fight a counrty, I would pick the US.  Say I get captured.  I would get treated more humainly than what some other countries might do.
LMAO - so you would pick to fight a side that is more likely to treat you well once you are captured. Don't be so sure... with stories of US kidnapping people and torturing prisoners, one is better off dead. If I had misfortune to actually fight a war... I would do my best not to get in captivity.

If I had to choose someone to back me up - than that would have to be foreign legion or very highly paid mercenaries. Sometimes these units would comprise of SAS, Spentznas, GB....

However, my personal opinon is that the units that are most battle experience are the best. Nothing beats natural selection and in particular I would point out Serbia's Special (SAJ, Cobras...) forces for various types of operations. We do not have many people, so our special units are not that large, but they deliver results.

All special forces in the world are trained very well and all deserve a lot of respect. It is hard to say who is better withot direct engagement...
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6725|Hong Kong, China
The only army I would want to face is the MEC, since you die and repsawn 15 seconds later.

Seriously, waging war with Amercia, UK, Germany, Russia, China, Israel, Iran and North Korea would not be good.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6722|Sweden
Serbia? Pwned a few years ago?
1234BGD
+1|6762

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Serbia? Pwned a few years ago?
If that is what you call a continious three month bombing of a country sized "slightly smaller than Kentucky" (as they put it in CIA Factbook ) by more than 1,000 aircraft.

There was actually no ground troop combat at all.

That year I was in the Uk, studying - and it was a very difficult time for me. My family left Serbia in early 90's and I returned only in 2003 when I was sure the old regime was off...
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6734|Sydney, Australia

Bert10099 wrote:

If I were to fight a counrty, I would pick the US.  Say I get captured.  I would get treated more humainly than what some other countries might do.
Ever heard of Guantanamo Bay?
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6746|cairns australia
if there were as many aussie troops in vietnam as american troops the war would have had a different outcome.the area controlled by australian forces in vietnam was the most secure in the country.the nva ordered their men to not attack aussie positions after long tan.british troops are trained in much the same way so they would be as good.also we managed to turn around ww1 on the western front and turned the japanese back at new guinea.we pwn in irag and afghanistan too.stay away from the sas or your dead.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6722|Sweden
Ha, SASR are useless...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6849

mcminty wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Yes i have , its hot there in the summer, not as hot as where the terrorist came from though. I understand some time Americans are " Rude " to the Terrorists they capture. Something should be done.

Of course we shouldnt copy there own example and Cut there Heads of on TV for their families to watch.
But we could be more polite to Terrorists,
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6765

Horseman 77 wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Yes i have , its hot there in the summer, not as hot as where the terrorist came from though. I understand some time Americans are " Rude " to the Terrorists they capture. Something should be done.

Of course we shouldnt copy there own example and Cut there Heads of on TV for their families to watch.
But we could be more polite to Terrorists,
And when they aren't doing that they are making IEDs. If we truly let the marines do whatever they wanted to the Haji doing these horrid things. Lets just say it would not be pretty. Instead we are rather civil and capture them, and then get them to tell us about their operations if they decide to talk. My guess is if you talk you are more likely to be released, or if you give accurate information, you are probably going to get better treatment then say the guy who decides to stay silent to us infidels. Where is their god now?
vedds
+52|6767|Christchurch New Zealand

mcminty wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Id take a stint in gitmo over being "held" by "insurgents" anyday. At the moment there is Kiwi AID WORKER (along with 3 others) being held by terrorists in Iraq.

There was a deadline set(im sure you know this as some of the others are yanks) with unachievable demands - it passed - no word on their fate.

I also have a big issue with the way that the murders of civillians trying to help the Iraqi people are called "executions" the term execution is an abreviation of "execution of sentence"  as in a sentencing of a court under appropriate law for a crime committed. Not some ill informed pissed off asshole sawing your head off with a glorified bread knife. Now excuse me if i dont feel bad about a few people being held at Gitmo or even being "degraded" at Abu Ghraib.

Ps on the topic of Special forces: My dad can kick your dads ass.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

mcminty wrote:

freebirdpat wrote:

The last army I would want to face, is anyone consisting of Legionnaires. The French Foreign Legion is just crazy. If you are doing a last stand, the Legionnaries is who you want at your back.
Thats probibly right.

And for the best Spec. Forces, I thought it had been established that the Australian Special Air Services Regiment (SASR) was one of the better in the world.
u said it mate, u said it.
the SASR never been on the news, why? because real special forces never leave any trace of evidence that they were there. i think if i was in a war, i would fight china, why? most of them have low level of education, 30 year old technoligy, J-10? more like a copy of the F-16, Aus got F-35's (dunno which version). problem is w/ the austrailian military, our country's population is too small for a large military like china's. spec ops: SASR military tech: USA, army morale: all the allied nations in WW2, dying w/ honour: japan
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6777|Sumter, South Carolina
The french are not respected by me due to their stunt regarding Iraq and telling the US to basically fuck off.. all this after we bailed them out from the hands of tyranny.....
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6765

SrA_Shady wrote:

The french are not respected by me due to their stunt regarding Iraq and telling the US to basically fuck off.. all this after we bailed them out from the hands of tyranny.....
You really can't blame them, Iraq was then and still is now a political affair. Iraq going over to new leaders would mean Iraqs debt with France would probably be erased. Along with the fact that they were economically taking advantage of Iraq. Its like the US would get in an uproar over a country that we export a lot of stuff too if they were getting invaded.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/MiddleEast/wm217.cfm
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6746|cairns australia

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Ha, SASR are useless...
shifty go and ask the us millitary if the sasr are useless.they send them in b4 there own special forces. also i seem to remember the british sasr did a number  on terrorists in tehran freeing all hostages without injury and killing all terrorists(remember the video it was awesome they repelled through windows and stuff).by the way has sweden even got any army.noone would invade you (except russia/germany who now cant) so i guess you are like nz with an outdated barely functioning millitary.what good are horses except for dogfood.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of  Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get Hitler out of France either"  Jay Leno.

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."  David Letterman

"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against Disney World and Big Macs than the Nazis?"  Dennis Miller.

"Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris?  It's not known, it's never been tried." Rep. R. Blount (MO)

these are some quotes about the french military, after reading from these quotes, the french military are useless, and i have a picture of their military magazine.

https://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4672/frenchsolidiersmagofchoice8xa.th.jpg

Last edited by cyborg_ninja-117 (2005-12-27 05:41:56)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
MajorGeneral
+1|6710

SrA_Shady wrote:

If I remember my history correctly the french saved your ass from the brits. Without their support in the war you would maybe drink tea and salute the queen today.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6777|Sumter, South Carolina

MajorGeneral wrote:

SrA_Shady wrote:

If I remember my history correctly the french saved your ass from the brits. Without their support in the war you would maybe drink tea and salute the queen today.
well, the way I see it, we've paid that debt back 1000 times over. After all if not for the US, today, the whole of Europe would be saying 'heil hitler'

Last edited by SrA_Shady (2005-12-27 06:00:58)

jedijz
+0|6708

SrA_Shady wrote:

MajorGeneral wrote:

SrA_Shady wrote:

well, the way I see it, we've paid that debt back 1000 times over. After all if not for the US, today, the whole of Europe would be saying 'heil hitler'
Well, if history has taught us anything...[url]http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html[/url]

Last edited by jedijz (2005-12-27 06:16:54)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6849

jedijz wrote:

SrA_Shady wrote:

MajorGeneral wrote:

Well, if history has taught us anything...http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html
The French help in The Revolution but it was a different kind of war They kicked our ass but knew it was a waste of time. They let there other colonys go also eventually. We didnt need the French to win but we love them for it.

Hey Frenchies you should see all the things here named after Lafayette and Rochamboue
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
in short term: france sux at wars, their own president did say "war only means failure" they even sold their own national war hero to the enemy! and it was a women!
MajorGeneral
+1|6710

Horseman 77 wrote:

jedijz wrote:

SrA_Shady wrote:

Well, if history has taught us anything...http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html
The French help in The Revolution but it was a different kind of war They kicked our ass but knew it was a waste of time. They let there other colonys go also eventually. We didnt need the French to win but we love them for it.

Hey Frenchies you should see all the things here named after Lafayette and Rochamboue
Actually I am afraid that we would be saying Heil Stalin... not heil hitler. Without USA the USSR would have defeated Germany because they had an army bigger than americas and Germany + allies together... That is a lot. I am thankful towards USA for that reason. OMG having Stalin as Führer of Europe.. lolzor
JesusElSavior
+0|6743

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Ha, SASR are useless...
Spoken from a true, knowledgable E-Warrior, who has never served in any of the units.  I have not either, which is why I can't say whos better than who, or who is useless.
JesusElSavior
+0|6743

FeloniousMonk wrote:

The last thing we need is to get into another argument about who's special operations units are the best. The bottom line is that since none of you have ever served in such units it's a moot point to argue.
The exact same thing I was thinking the entire time I was reading this thread.  How can any of you say whos better, without any firsthand experience?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard