Tactics.ah1z
+0|6393
I enjoy flying choppers, its really what I do in BF2, but occasionally i'll get the gunner who believes simply stareing at an enemy will destroy it. I can understand everyone was once a new player & we all gotta start somewhere, but utterly ignoring an enemy chopper or vehicle that i'm giving you a perfect line up on is utterly unbelievable to me. I sit there lineing a guy up, slowly closing in and he just sits there, doesnt even fire the MG, finally I pass the target after sitting there lineing him up for a good 10 seconds.

I really dont care if your having a hard time with the missle, I mean big deal, you'll learn eventually, i'm not going to snap on people who actually try, but when a guy gets in the gunner seat & really does nothing, its really frustrating.

Im not a stat whore, stats to me are fun & all, but I dont play to get uber good stats, I play because I enjoy BF2 & the helicopter, so believe me my stats arent the issue here, its more so "other players ruining the experience for me".

If your confused on how the missle works, ask, any level headed player will help. And if someone bashes you for at least trying, tell them to **** off, because at least your trying.

But doing nothing is ridiculous.

So im not like other pilots who would tell you to GTFO my chopper because your rank is low, I dont want that stigma, but as long as you try, its all good, and if your having a hard time ask someone.

But simply "sitting there" frustrates a pilot to no end.

Last edited by Tactics.ah1z (2006-12-09 18:03:49)

-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6678|England
I feel ya man, you'd think some of them would have at least gunned in SP first off.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6684|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
amen

i don't mind when people who aren't very skilled get in my choppa... as long as they try, i will help them.  I never scream at them or redline them.

like you said, everyone has to start somewhere......
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6615
oh crap not this shit again
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6638|Iceland
welcome to BF2
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6865|Delaware

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

You're just as dumb as I remember you.
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6615

SysTray wrote:

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

You're just as dumb as I remember you.
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/thekillers668/indifferent-blink.gif
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6434

Tactics.ah1z wrote:

I enjoy flying choppers, its really what I do in BF2, but occasionally i'll get the gunner who believes simply stareing at an enemy will destroy it. I can understand everyone was once a new player & we all gotta start somewhere, but utterly ignoring an enemy chopper or vehicle that i'm giving you a perfect line up on is utterly unbelievable to me. I sit there lineing a guy up, slowly closing in and he just sits there, doesnt even fire the MG, finally I pass the target after sitting there lineing him up for a good 10 seconds.

I really dont care if your having a hard time with the missle, I mean big deal, you'll learn eventually, i'm not going to snap on people who actually try, but when a guy gets in the gunner seat & really does nothing, its really frustrating.

Im not a stat whore, stats to me are fun & all, but I dont play to get uber good stats, I play because I enjoy BF2 & the helicopter, so believe me my stats arent the issue here, its more so "other players ruining the experience for me".

If your confused on how the missle works, ask, any level headed player will help. And if someone bashes you for at least trying, tell them to **** off, because at least your trying.

But doing nothing is ridiculous.

So im not like other pilots who would tell you to GTFO my chopper because your rank is low, I dont want that stigma, but as long as you try, its all good, and if your having a hard time ask someone.

But simply "sitting there" frustrates a pilot to no end.
Well, sometimes the missle could be reloading, and when that happens there's not much you can do if you're lining up for a tank, unless, of course, you wanted to attract unwanted attention from a nearby AA.
Longbow
+163|6690|Odessa, Ukraine
M95 \ redzone .
specops10-4
+108|6787|In the hills
i do that when Im bored, love to see the pilot get pissed!

No, Im not that mean, I know what you mean.
Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6405|United States
i have a question, i died once because the tv missle would not fire. it was reloaded and ready but when i was in the tv screen it would not fire. i tried going to machine gun and then back to tv but it atill did not work and i got shot down. did this happen to anyone else???? i then got kicked by my pilot (admin of coarse) for being a crappy gunner.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6414|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Steveo7800 wrote:

i have a question, i died once because the tv missle would not fire. it was reloaded and ready but when i was in the tv screen it would not fire. i tried going to machine gun and then back to tv but it atill did not work and i got shot down. did this happen to anyone else???? i then got kicked by my pilot (admin of coarse) for being a crappy gunner.
It's another gimpy bug that will probably never be fixed, I've personally never had it happen but I've read about it here & supposedly the only way to fix it is have the pilot land, get out & then get back in. You can try & search and you might find a better explanation but thats basically all you can do I think.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6699
Yep, crappy gunners suck.  But as a long time gunner I'll be first to admit I've missed some easy kills when a pilot set me up for a shot and I didn't take it.  Not because I just wanted to sit there and stare at it...but because I had no idea he was setting me up for a shot.  I usually only fly with my clan mate, or atleast try to get into the same squad as my pilot to use VOIP.  If you're not using VOIP than you can't tell me that you're lining me up for a shot.  So my question is:  Are you communicating to your gunner that you have a target for him?  My guess is no, you are not.  Chopper pilot and gunner not using VOIP or TS = FAIL.  9 out of 10 times your gunner will be looking at something totally different than you.
PogoTheMonkey
+7|6794|MmM Location

MagikTrik wrote:

Steveo7800 wrote:

It's another gimpy bug that will probably never be fixed, I've personally never had it happen but I've read about it here & supposedly the only way to fix it is have the pilot land, get out & then get back in. You can try & search and you might find a better explanation but thats basically all you can do I think.
And if you go into and out of the tv missile screen real fast by right clickin a hell of a lot, it sometimes fixes it. Works for the bomber missiles also... =S
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6699

Steveo7800 wrote:

There is actually two bugs that are basically the same thing.  One is where the missle is ready, you fire the missle and hear the sound of the missle being fired but nothing happens and you have to reload.  The other way is the missle seems to be/should be ready, but you switch to TV view and whether you click to fire or not, the missle starts reloading and no missle is currently available.

All you have to do is wait for the missle to reload and you should be good to go.  I've never seen two mis-fires in a row, but I'm sure it's possible.  You do not have to land and get out to fix it.  The only bug I'm aware of for which you have to get out of the chopper is when you switch over to TV mode, then back to the cockpit view and you can't change to the camera angle that gets rid of the cockpit.  You can still switch to TV mode and everything still works, but when you're not in TV mode you can't switch camera angles.  Getting out of the chopper and back in will allow you to change camera views again, but as soon as you go to tv mode and back to cockpit you will have the same problem and be unable to change views.
ikillyou9090
+24|6592
use the seaaarch button you joke
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6634|Your attic

ikillyou9090 wrote:

use the seaaarch button you joke
Fuck a duck you constipated rabbit.

Anyway, this is often the case, only solution is to either play with someone you know is decent on a regular basis (use the ejector to get rid of any random person who gets in) oooor if you are confident enough that you could do a better job solo just redline the gunner.

As sad as it is, you find yourself having to do this a lot.
adv3rsary
+28|6759
people should really learn to NOT getin choppers when they suck

call it abuse, but on my clan's  server, if i get an asshat who cant do crap in the gunner sit get into our chopper.. we give them a couple of shots to make sure, and wave bye bye as we type !k... we have had enough
ranked servers are NOT your training grounds.. go learn elsewhere
p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6445

Steveo7800 wrote:

yeah its happend to me atleast 20 times, you right click to your tv screen, your bugged..you wait for it to reload, its reloaded, you take the shot, it wont fire, its a dud, you switch guns back and forth but the missle still wont fire...its fun, then the pilot has to try something and if hes skilled he can take the heli out with his rockets but half the time you get those pilots who havent learned to use their rockets properly....coincidence?
2freefly
+6|6407|Norway

Tactics.ah1z wrote:

Were you my pilot at "Eat at Joe's" the other day? Almost sounds like it
I was SURE I saw a BLUE tag above that tank's turret!!!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6573|Belgium
I was on Dragon Valley yesterday, 24 player server. Theres one thing wirse than a bad gunner, its no gunner at all. I was the only pilot of any flying vehicle and i swear, even begging people to gun for my heli didnt work.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6650|Parainen, Finland

iPoon.be wrote:

I was on Dragon Valley yesterday, 24 player server. Theres one thing wirse than a bad gunner, its no gunner at all. I was the only pilot of any flying vehicle and i swear, even begging people to gun for my heli didnt work.
Nope, that`s the best option on dragon valley if you don´t have a REALLY good gunner.
A no good gunner cant shoot in the mist!!!

And for that "Independence day bug", Switch back to gun mode and wait the time it would take to reload another TV missile.

Though it doesn´t show that it is reloading, it is(that is the bug)
So just wait those few secs and then fire one up his wazoo!!!!

I and DonFck always tell each other if we have a ghost missile. A fast "it was a ghost" message to the pilot and he knows to evade for another reload. Not harder than that.

So don´t land the chopper and jump out......Well yeah wait a minute... do that, it would make it easier for me to take you bitches down!!!!

Just wanted to share some stuff with you new gunner boys out there!!!!

And yeah, one more thing. There really is a thing called the TV missile!!!! Remember that one!!!
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6401
over 300 hours in a chopper here and Ive been through alot of shit with noobs, if he missies Ill give him a few more tries, if he keeps missing or isnt even trying Im gonna go back to the carrier and nicely ask him to get out, if he doesnt then I have no choice but to redline him

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard