KevinB550
+5|6729
So I finally bring myself to do some more pistol killing and get the global kills i need for veteran.

I get the global kills i need and find a 32-player karkand. Not long after I joined, a medic revives a dead guy and i gun them both down, barely killing them before i empty the clip. 2 pistol kills out of seven.

A guy tries to capture the hotel, so i give him a burst of F2000 and he ducks behind a corner. When he pops back out, one pistol shot downs him. 3/7.

The upper-left point was being taken by the enemy team so I snuck around the corner and shot up the guy that was prone, facing the other direction, that's 4/7.

I spawn at the upper-right point (only one on the right side of the map on a 32-player round) and there's someone trying to cross the bridge. He doesn't make it... 5/7

I cross the bridge, killing two guys with F2000 because I know pistol won't cut it. I reach the train wreck and there's someone on the TOW... not anymore. 6/7.

I get killed by a LAV and respawn at the square because the hotel's being taken. I go down the alley and up the ladder to the hotel flag, determined as hell to get that last kill. I reach the top and there's a guy up there tossing a med bag to himself. The second i clear the top of the ladder, everything stops in place. I said out loud, "Jesus f***ing christ, this can't be happening."

It happened... "You have been kicked... blah blah blah.... for a high ping (162)."

Lag took my veteran pistol badge from me, and I'm not happy. I'm no super-gamer and my global score is barely over 7k, so getting that many pistol kills in one round was what I could call an achievement, especially since not even half the tickets were depleted from either team. I was so certain I had it... and I didn't.

I guess if there's a moral to this, it's never use a piece of shit wireless router. I'm across the house and up the stairs from it and sometimes I don't lag, sometimes I've got a 250 ping. I'm gonna go berserk
The Soup Nazi
+18|6800|North Lauderdale, FL
wireless is really only good for surfing and email.  sorry to hear about your experience...
Opiate
+0|6738|Ontario, Canada
Yea fix that wireless issue. At the very least get a gaming optimized linksys router. Otherwise run the ethernet .. wires are your friend. I got my knife and pistol badges on Night Flight in SF .. night levels are fun to stalk. I'll have to do the 7 knife kills again once i reach 50 for vet. What a stressful badge.. I need to find a knife pistol server if they still exist
The Soup Nazi
+18|6800|North Lauderdale, FL
what you could do is go visit a 64 player server where only about 16 players are playing.  those rounds last nearly forever with so many tickets and so few players.

while there, you could mention the fact that you're going for those badges and you might even get several other guys to try for the same badges, as well.  not exactly a pistol or knife only server, but about as close as you'll get (while still being a ranked server)
KevinB550
+5|6729
that's actually the kind of server i was in last night, towards the beginning most of the people were bored so for about 5 minutes we had knife fights (well, mostly, some guy was just shooting with the good ol' F200GL)

i was commander in that round, got 226 points after the 2x win bonus, and i got around 6 knife and 2 pistol kills during the match.

of course, this happened...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8671

Last edited by KevinB550 (2005-12-27 17:51:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard