Perfeck.kirby
IT's Perfect.kirby
+2|6774|Winterpeg Manitoba
I think I found out the reason for CTD's. Every time battlefield crashes I open my task manager. Everytime i find a program called wmprivise. This program only runs when Battlefield crash's. After about a minute wmprivise closes it self.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6783|EUR
Conspiracy?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
Do you mean wmiprivise? It's a system program.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Perfeck.kirby
IT's Perfect.kirby
+2|6774|Winterpeg Manitoba

Spark wrote:

Do you mean wmiprivise? It's a system program.
Ya thats the one. It only runs when battlefield crashes
dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this the app, that creates that report that is sent to MS if you want?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

Couldn't it be some sort of Malware, disguising itself as a legit Windows file?
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
wmiprivisew is an alias for the Sasser worm, but it's not that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
On further investigation it could be the problem as many have complained that this program only runs during games and screws them royally.
~ Richard Feynman
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6447|King Of The Islands

Hmm.. I've seen it before I started playing (I cull anything I don't need in Task Manager and "winimprovise" is one of the victims). Shit needs it to run, its like .NET Framework.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden
Hmmm i have experienced several CTD:s when i have deployed a spawnbeacon.. i´m 100% sure that at least my last 3 ctd have been when i have deployed a beacon.

anyone else had this?

Last edited by madmurre (2006-12-08 03:58:24)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

""Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a component of the Microsoft® Windows® operating system that provides management information and control in an enterprise environment. By using industry standards, managers can use WMI to query and set information on desktop systems, applications, networks, and other enterprise components. Developers can use WMI to create event monitoring applications that alert users when important incidents occur.

In earlier versions of Windows, providers were loaded in-process with the Windows Management service (WinMgmt.exe), running under the LocalSystem security account. Failure of a provider caused the entire WMI service to fail. The next request to WMI restarted the service.
Beginning with Windows XP, WMI resides in a shared service host with several other services. To avoid stopping all the services when a provider fails, providers are loaded into a separate host process named Wmiprvse.exe. Multiple instances of Wmiprvse.exe can run at the same time under different accounts: LocalSystem, NetworkService, or LocalService. The WMI core WinMgmt.exe is loaded into the shared Local Service host named Svchost.exe.
Note: wmiprvsw.exe is the Sasser worm!

Note: The wmiprvse.exe file is located in the folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem. In other cases, wmiprvse.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.""

Idiot.

Try removing explorer.exe.

You know what is teh funny. I play BF2 on my Intel Based iMac and have had no 2142 or 2 crashes since im on this machine.

All people suffering from CTD's. Ur hardwarze sucks.
Zukabazuka
+23|6693

madmurre wrote:

Hmmm i have experienced several CTD:s when i have deployed a spawnbeacon.. i´m 100% sure that at least my last 3 ctd have been when i have deployed a beacon.

anyone else had this?
Yup most of the time when CTD for me was when deploying squad beacon .
Gh0sT_RIder
+35|6433

Bernadictus wrote:

""Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a component of the Microsoft® Windows® operating system that provides management information and control in an enterprise environment. By using industry standards, managers can use WMI to query and set information on desktop systems, applications, networks, and other enterprise components. Developers can use WMI to create event monitoring applications that alert users when important incidents occur.

In earlier versions of Windows, providers were loaded in-process with the Windows Management service (WinMgmt.exe), running under the LocalSystem security account. Failure of a provider caused the entire WMI service to fail. The next request to WMI restarted the service.
Beginning with Windows XP, WMI resides in a shared service host with several other services. To avoid stopping all the services when a provider fails, providers are loaded into a separate host process named Wmiprvse.exe. Multiple instances of Wmiprvse.exe can run at the same time under different accounts: LocalSystem, NetworkService, or LocalService. The WMI core WinMgmt.exe is loaded into the shared Local Service host named Svchost.exe.
Note: wmiprvsw.exe is the Sasser worm!

Note: The wmiprvse.exe file is located in the folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem. In other cases, wmiprvse.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.""

Idiot.

Try removing explorer.exe.

You know what is teh funny. I play BF2 on my Intel Based iMac and have had no 2142 or 2 crashes since im on this machine.

All people suffering from CTD's. Ur hardwarze sucks.
you know you should avoid posting when its that time of the month for you..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard