CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6373|CA, USA
probably you folks already know this but i didn't.  it seems you can stab a vodnik's tires with your knife and after a few hits, you'll hear a distinct 'hisss' from the tire. 

any other interactive things like this you folks have found out in your travels besides the obvious like propane tanks exploding, elevator buttons on some SF levels, etc?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6610|Iceland

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

probably you folks already know this but i didn't.  it seems you can stab a vodnik's tires with your knife and after a few hits, you'll hear a distinct 'hisss' from the tire.
now i gotta try that
Turtle
+7|6773|Boulder, CO
Too bad it doesn't make the car wobble and swerve. But adding hitboxes to tires woulda prolly screwed some other vital part of the game that they had to to screw up with a patch later.
Brasso
+1,549|6646

any other interactive things like this you folks have found out in your travels besides the obvious like propane tanks exploding, elevator buttons on some SF levels, etc?
Pressing a button to open the gates on Devil's Perch.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6538

Turtle wrote:

Too bad it doesn't make the car wobble and swerve. But adding hitboxes to tires woulda prolly screwed some other vital part of the game that they had to to screw up with a patch later.
QFT
you can do it in vice but it can't be done by dice.

Last edited by =]-[f= ig88 (2006-12-07 13:35:47)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6582|England

Didnt know that...

How about the thunder on Harvest? Thats really well done.

Songhua (yes, that map that nobody plays) probably has the best interactive environment. Feels like your in a jungle in Vietnam.
Phrozenbot
+632|6632|do not disturb

Fire a shell from an APC into any body of water in Songhua, and dead fish should float to the surface.

Walk on the fences with barb wires and you'll grunt in pain. Does no damage though.
Turtle
+7|6773|Boulder, CO

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Fire a shell from an APC into any body of water in Songhua, and dead fish should float to the surface.

Walk on the fences with barb wires and you'll grunt in pain. Does no damage though.
Walking maybe but falling onto them from 5 feet up = death, even with a chute open usually. I left my share of corpses at the construction site on sharqi.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6536

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Works with grenades too.
Gunner[EW]
+3|6368
Anti-Tank missle to a tanks tracks would probably disable the tank in real life.
Other small things like that in BF2 would be nice. But BF2 seems to be more "arcade" style, so its really all about fun and less realism.
Brasso
+1,549|6646

Snake wrote:

Songhua (yes, that map that nobody plays) probably has the best interactive environment. Feels like your in a jungle in Vietnam.
Too bad Songhua is in China. 
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
kiteboarderni
+62|6696
well if shot once in the arm your fucked, so it has to be
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6387|Pittsburgh, PA USA
That tire thing works with guns too, you shoot them & a poof of air comes our & they hiss........
btw, i just found the elevators in Surge @ the missle launch pad thingy, went 22-0 with SVD too, I'd always seen them but didn't know they were actually elevators!
dubbs
+105|6648|Lexington, KY
http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/eastereggs.php  has some easter eggs like you are saying.  I think that they also have the Vodnik thing also.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/EasterEggHunt.wmv
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6419|Alberta, Canada

Turtle wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Walking maybe but falling onto them from 5 feet up = death, even with a chute open usually. I left my share of corpses at the construction site on sharqi.
Quoted For Laughing in Agreement.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6651|South Jersey
Another one to add: In one of the sewage river things in Mashtuur City, you can find a small frog leaping from the reeds/grass. 

Was taken from wikipedia, but the easter egg section is gone now from the article

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2006-12-07 16:46:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard