Gunner[EW]
+3|6371
Picked up BF2 4 days ago & its a wonderful game, the maps are really lush & large, so im really liking it, but sadly I cant say the same for the players. Alot of people seem to take "How to act like a completet jackass in a game" lessons.

I 1st started off with single player, learned how to use TV missles, fly & drive vehicles etc..
So after 3 hours of single player I can already call myself a decent player. I know how to do everything at a "decent" Level.

I took a liking to jets, so I join 24/7 Dalian Insomnia, and find a empty J-10, I grab it & what I see are 4 guys standing in front of it......huh......ok, not sure what thats going to do, but to each man his own. So 4 Tk's later & -20 pts & im finally airborne......wonderful start to my Bf2 adventures, dont ya think? I do pretty well going 15-0, since the it was close to the end of the round....round ends....

My start wasnt peachy, but w/e....

get into a choppers gunner seat...."Hop out!", "Hop out!"....alright fine, guy goes off & I suppose solo's? As some of you call it. He dies like 10 seconds later, I get gunner seat again.....Now keep in mind I know how to use the missle im not retarded...."hop out" hop out!....fine...I hop out, he dies again & disconnects.

Another guys gets pilot, once again im gunner, this time he hangs me off the border, wonderful....I leave the server.

Join Legion @ War....I get the J-10 again & go 53-0, but thats following 3 Tk's due to players standing in front....once again im not sure what that does, but to each man his own.. One of the guys I TK'd due to him standin in front goes on a rant about how my mother sucks **** & im a fag etcccccc.....

The guy was going off all round, I didnt respond... I then thought back to the "angry german gamer" video, so I had a good laugh, considering that he may be doing something like that as hes cursing me.

All in all a pretty ****ed up start to my BF2 career. 8 Tk's & alot of bad attitudes.
Some players need to just relax & if they dont get a vehicle deal with it, Bf2 has a 13+ rateing, some of there parents must not realize that.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6792|California, US
your stats say 1 tk...
and also shows how bad the j-10 is lol guy plays for 4 days and go 53-0 lol
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6616|Seattle

Bad server. It happens. Try playing on the bf2s servers. *Most of the time* people are just having fun and there's great squad work.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
adam1503
+85|6407|Manchester, UK
Such is the world of battlefield.  The best thing to do is to find a decent server that is relatively clear of fisters and stick to it.  Infact, maybe you'd like to check out my clan's bf2 server.  The IP is 85.236.101.63:16767 and it runs Karkand 24/7.  Our clan is called the 95th Rifles Brigade.  Hope to see you on there sometime.

Yeah, I know its a shameless plug for my clan's server, but meh.

Last edited by adam1503 (2006-12-07 12:56:54)

Gunner[EW]
+3|6371

Stun_Gun wrote:

your stats say 1 tk...
I could swear it was more than 1 TK. Maybe they didnt get recorded idk.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6685|United States
this definitely has more to do with the types of servers you're playing on than anything else.  find a good server where people play as a team and save it to your favorites.  there are lots of them out there.

also, a lot of your story doesn't match up with your stats, but eh, whatever.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

Kinda neat hearing a fresh take, gotten kind of numb to the asshatics ... but in time you learn where to and not to play.
Gunner[EW]
+3|6371

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

this definitely has more to do with the types of servers you're playing on than anything else.  find a good server where people play as a team and save it to your favorites.  there are lots of them out there.

also, a lot of your story doesn't match up with your stats, but eh, whatever.
ya I could swear it was 8 TK's. COuld they have been revived?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6411|Southern California
Yeah, alot of BF2 players have pretty worthless lifes...so plenty of e-badasses
For some reason it seems to be worse when it comes to air vehicles...

One of the best things you can do to prevent this is keep track of the servers you goto...Once you find a decent one make it your regular.

It helps a lot to be a  regular on a server so you know who your team mates are, and who is worth while.

Also its probably in part due to your low rank...Most newbs are terrible, you pick them up and they just sit there firing the choppers guns at an enemy chopper long range till you finaly get TVed...Flying around some one who has no clue whats going on can get very annoying, So many may just be trying to avoid the situation to perserve their stats/be as effective as possible.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6550
You sir are either lieing to us or you are a natural at this game stuff.
OpsChief
+101|6695|Southern California
lol

welcome to BF2 your game experience may change during online play.....

We kick those goons on the flight line who FTK, they are one step down the food chain from ITKers who at least care enough not to try to make it look like someone else's fault.

now the $million dollar question: have you memorized the ROE?  j/k

good luck
Gunner[EW]
+3|6371

ShadowFoX wrote:

You sir are either lieing to us or you are a natural at this game stuff.
I dont know what to say really.
J-10 is pretty ridiculous. m16 is amazing on single shot.

My only previous FPS games were CSS & CS 1.6.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6613|Iceland
your too gd with a jet, u could have made it to the best of the best if u werent so late to buy the game :p well u can still do it if u are gonna play like your stats show.
Turtle
+7|6776|Boulder, CO
I avoid insomnia servers because of the high levels of smacktards that tend to frequent there. I also find this to be true for alot of 24/7 'same boring map over and over' servers. You'll get used to it. You're off to a good start, aside from being a year+ late and happening upon a large cross-section "players that make this game annoying".
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

Welcome to BF2. Enjoy your stay.
Avoid insomnia, TV2, internode and a few other big servers if you dont want that kind of shit. Also, avoid wake servers too. And, like turtle said, 24/7 servers can also be bad for it.
Although....in clanned servers, they may kick you if you steal the admins jet....
What a way to start eh!!

Vanilla comprises of faggots tking for jets and choppers - and if they dont get them, they either tk you out of it with the M95 (a sniper that shoots through cockpit glass) and give you a forced tk - too many of those and you get booted out the server. Thats why I 95% of the time use the tanks/APC's/AA on vanilla since you can get one with no worries. A bigger bonus with AA since you get to blow those tking fucktards out the sky.
Special Forces (expansion pack) has next to zero tking for vehicles - its another world apart. But, it doesnt have jets...and thats an amazing aviator ratio you got. I cant fly jets for shit

One other thing.....you are a very low rank, PFC. A lot of pilots for both jets and choppers refuse to allow anyone below the rank of First Sgt or SgtMjr, sometimes higher, because a lot of low ranks really dont have a clue about the game - i.e. shooting the cannon at tanks and not even knowing they have a TV missile.
I commend you for using SP to get to grips with TV's, jets etc (seriously, well done!) - but other players wont realise that you know this, and you have to note that low ranks usually dont know what they are doing in the game or on any of the maps. Not all of them, but a lot of them.
Its hard to explain to a new player, but in time, especially as a chopper pilot with a worthless gunner, you will see what I mean.

Anyway, welcome to BF2s...have +1 karma
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6691
Welcome to bf2, full of whinny children and trust fund babies.
Inimicus_7
+26|6381|England, UK

Gunner[EW] wrote:

Picked up BF2 4 days ago & its a wonderful game, the maps are really lush & large, so im really liking it, but sadly I cant say the same for the players. Alot of people seem to take "How to act like a completet jackass in a game" lessons.

I 1st started off with single player, learned how to use TV missles, fly & drive vehicles etc..
So after 3 hours of single player I can already call myself a decent player. I know how to do everything at a "decent" Level.

I took a liking to jets, so I join 24/7 Dalian Insomnia, and find a empty J-10, I grab it & what I see are 4 guys standing in front of it......huh......ok, not sure what thats going to do, but to each man his own. So 4 Tk's later & -20 pts & im finally airborne......wonderful start to my Bf2 adventures, dont ya think? I do pretty well going 15-0, since the it was close to the end of the round....round ends....

My start wasnt peachy, but w/e....

get into a choppers gunner seat...."Hop out!", "Hop out!"....alright fine, guy goes off & I suppose solo's? As some of you call it. He dies like 10 seconds later, I get gunner seat again.....Now keep in mind I know how to use the missle im not retarded...."hop out" hop out!....fine...I hop out, he dies again & disconnects.

Another guys gets pilot, once again im gunner, this time he hangs me off the border, wonderful....I leave the server.

Join Legion @ War....I get the J-10 again & go 53-0, but thats following 3 Tk's due to players standing in front....once again im not sure what that does, but to each man his own.. One of the guys I TK'd due to him standin in front goes on a rant about how my mother sucks **** & im a fag etcccccc.....

The guy was going off all round, I didnt respond... I then thought back to the "angry german gamer" video, so I had a good laugh, considering that he may be doing something like that as hes cursing me.

All in all a pretty ****ed up start to my BF2 career. 8 Tk's & alot of bad attitudes.
Some players need to just relax & if they dont get a vehicle deal with it, Bf2 has a 13+ rateing, some of there parents must not realize that.
"Quit yacking and get off this channel"

Don't like BF? Go play Counter-Shit.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672

Inimicus_7 wrote:

let me be the first to tell you:

go die in a fire.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6649|Washington, DC

Play my server and I'll kick little shits that block jets and whatnot
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6430|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Inimicus_7 wrote:

go die in a fire.
*drops light match*
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

SplinterStrike wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Inimicus_7 wrote:

go die in a fire.
*drops light match*
*watches and laughs*
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6710|Devon, England
i suggest joining a clan, they usually have their own servers etc. and you can go to servers recommended my bf2 vets.

infact, (if your europian) join us! Clan =AsBo=. I play bf2 alot with a few other members (most went off to that 2142 crap...) and i can show you a few good servers.

but even if you don't join us, i hgihly suggest you join a clan. i have had double... no triple (tripple?) the fun i would have had if i didn't.

some good people in clans aswell.
adv3rsary
+28|6735

Stun_Gun wrote:

your stats say 1 tk...
i call his bs:

either everyone on that server blew so hard that a complete newb killed 53 without dying

or

this isnt his first account and hes full of s***

j10 or no j10.. not possible for someone with 4 hrs in a jet with an oppenent even slightly decent

Last edited by adv3rsary (2006-12-07 16:11:04)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6614|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Inimicus_7 wrote:

let me be the second to tell you, go die in a fire.

welcome to bf2, avoid Knife and Pistol servers, and the moongamers server. BF2s has excellent servers. i fi ever see you ingame i will gladly let you gun for me ina helo. also go get Special Forces you will find it more infantry oriented and there is a definate lack if idiotic TKin fucking douche nozzles
Inimicus_7
+26|6381|England, UK
...Wait, you guys actually like Counter-Shit?

Ouch, poor you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard