Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6711|Gütersloh, Germany
I played Gunbound a lot two years ago. It's a round based shooter game (just like Worms).
Why do I mention it? Because it has an intelligent teamkilling/-damage system.
If you damage or kill a teammate, you get minus points BUT if you damage an enemy with the same shot nothing happens.

Why can't BF2 have an equal system?
If you drop some bombs on a group of enemies killing five of them and one teammate you shouldn't be punished.
Or in a gunfight when a teammate runs in your line of fire. If you damage an enemy within the next second it counts as firefight and you will not be punished for temkill/-damage.
ozzi92
+2|6707
i agree i get so pissed when i droped bombs killing millinos and then getting a team kill froping my score
Scorpian65
+14|6740
Sounds perfect to me, get rid of this bullshit we have now.
Kamikaze
+0|6790|Germany
And two more additions:
1.) When you kill a friendly soldier on the airfield while take-off it is his own foolishness.
2.) When somebody parks a vehicle on the runway and an airplane crashes into it he gets a teamkill, even if he has already left the vehicle.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield
There are servers out there that limit TK's, Like the one I was on that kicked after I accidently tk'd the  first one!!! (un-intentional of course.)
Jackslap
+0|6704

Kamikaze wrote:

And two more additions:
1.) When you kill a friendly soldier on the airfield while take-off it is his own foolishness.
2.) When somebody parks a vehicle on the runway and an airplane crashes into it he gets a teamkill, even if he has already left the vehicle.
And to add to that list,

3) When someone parks/hovers the heli (either one) over the runway either on the carrier or on the ground.  There are NO helipads that REQUIRE you to hover over the runway!

4) When flying the BH and someone jumps out and is hit with the heli itself!  I've killed almost half a dozen peeps with that one.  And yes, at least half punished!  Like I somehow aimed for them or something.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
Ah, yes... I always loved playing Worms...
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6729|Debris From Space
I just got off a round of Sharji, i jumped in the gunner position of the Cobra, and took off for the MEC base, I hopped out and stole their heli. Someone joined my squad and spawned as gunner. He was racking up the points by mowing down infantry while I took out the armor. It was all going well, untill I went back to the USMC TV tower to get more ammo and patch up some damage. I was going a bit too fast and went low to repair, when the stupid gay, prick of an admin, who was standing at the top, decided to sprint and jump straight at my chopper. He was catapulted into the sea and was killed instantly. The prick had the nerve to punish me and say to everybody that I killed him on purpose. Later the jackass fired at my helicopter with the SRAW and blew it up including my very good gunner. We both punished and the admin started to spam in caps lock saying: BAN BAN BAN!!11 NOBODY PUNISHES THE ADMIN U FUCKING N00BS HAHAHA N00BS
LOLXOR UR BAND HAHA LOOK AT THE N00BS EVRY1!! I was banned 13 seconds later after telling the admin where to go and what to do to himself.
Fo_Shizzle
+0|6708
collateral damage.....wtf can bf2 do about it? EA is stupid when it comes to teamkilling...
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6808|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Jackslap wrote:

There are NO helipads that REQUIRE you to hover over the runway!
FYI, the carriers do.

Not that that is an excuse to hover there for long periods of time.... repair, reload and get out. But, planes also need to be aware of the shared airspace.
NAG_YaNk
+0|6739|Dothan,Alabama-NewYorkNative
This is somewhat on the subject and was I wondering if this has happened to anyone else here?
It happened twice on the same server in two different rounds,both times I was sniping.
Im perched in my spot, scoping out some potential kills,hadnt even fired a shot and out of nowhere you were punished for a teamkill pops up.lying there dumbfounded and slightly pissed I type wtf where did that come from? I was willing to let it go as a bug or wtf ever and we went into the next round.While lying there and hadnt even taken a shot yet,no kills,no deaths and bingo ! again I am punished for a teamkill !!
needless to say I left that server and went on to another battle ground after a cooling off smoke and a shot of h20...
anyone experience this? anyone know why? I realise its not a real big deal,but heck its bad enough when your punished for an accidental teamkill,but not killing anyone and getting punished,well,it rocks my boat !
Deuceman
+1|6699
I agree here.  I have learned the hard way that you don't try and help your teammate out.  Now I just let the enemy kill my guy and then I kill him.  Everytime I get tked I look at the cirumstances.  Was he trying to get the enemy or was he just doing it cause he is a prick.  If it was when I had enemy troops around me, I forgive.  If it was to get a vehicle hell no I don't forgive.
DarkLordFoxx
+0|6699

NAG_YaNk wrote:

This is somewhat on the subject and was I wondering if this has happened to anyone else here?
It happened twice on the same server in two different rounds,both times I was sniping.
Im perched in my spot, scoping out some potential kills,hadnt even fired a shot and out of nowhere you were punished for a teamkill pops up.lying there dumbfounded and slightly pissed I type wtf where did that come from? I was willing to let it go as a bug or wtf ever and we went into the next round.While lying there and hadnt even taken a shot yet,no kills,no deaths and bingo ! again I am punished for a teamkill !!
needless to say I left that server and went on to another battle ground after a cooling off smoke and a shot of h20...
anyone experience this? anyone know why? I realise its not a real big deal,but heck its bad enough when your punished for an accidental teamkill,but not killing anyone and getting punished,well,it rocks my boat !
Happened to me too. I only suicided once, and then I look to see that my score is -7.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6724
We really need more Ranked servers with Friendly Fire OFF  !!
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

MajorHoulahan_MASH wrote:

I don't think that's such a good idea for ranked servers.  There needs to be something done about the punish system for TK's, but turning friendly fire off removes a major element of the game and it's tactics.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
The teamkill system may be a bit bugged but it is quite good the way it is now. If you don't get negative points for TKs anymore when you kill an enemy with the same shot nobody will care anymore. When you TK 4 guys with c4 but kill 1 enemy you shouldn't get your -14 points? Yeah right...

If EA changes this BF2 will become one big TK orgy.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

The teamkill system may be a bit bugged but it is quite good the way it is now. If you don't get negative points for TKs anymore when you kill an enemy with the same shot nobody will care anymore. When you TK 4 guys with c4 but kill 1 enemy you shouldn't get your -14 points? Yeah right...

It does need some tweaking though.  When a helo or jet is shot down and the wreckage kills a team member, or your vehicle is destroyed and a team member's vehicle that is next to also blows up from the impact, that should not be a punishable act.

C4, claymores, and mines are all clearly marked.  If you drive/walk over them, that was stupidity on that team members part, not the person that is deploying these items as was intended.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6745
Can you imagine how hard it actually is to intentionaly tk someone with claymores or AT mines.  The things have a timer that waits for a few seconds before they actually arm.

Drop a claymore in front of friendly he walks on it and does a little dance and walks away before it even arms and then 5 minutes later some one trips over his gun, falls on his bayonet, drops his grenades (but keeps the pins), and rolls infront of the claymore as 3 other guys are in the area.  BOOM!!! you just got 4 unintentional tks because of "mr. which way is my gun supposed to face?"
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6808|The planet Tophet
Gunboud Is Cool
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
If nothing else, can EA change the system so that you don't get punished for claymore/AT mine tk's(like they did with the commander and artillery) because both are very good defensive weapons that few use anymore because of idiot team mates running over them then punishing the poor chap who was simply trying to defend a point.
alf.ha
+5|6742|Berlin/Germany
Once I was gunner in a cobra and had a dogfight with the enemy helo, we were shot burning so I jumped out to rescue myself. A sec later the cobra exploded near my position while I was parachuting so the pilot and I were dead. Everything ok but then I saw that I had killed my pilot and he punished me!!!  Don't know how I could destroy the chopper by jumping out!?!?!?
And there are many other situations where the tk-system fucked up, but I agree, without it we would have the total anarchy.
ronin1942
+-1|6845

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

It does need some tweaking though.  When a helo or jet is shot down and the wreckage kills a team member, or your vehicle is destroyed and a team member's vehicle that is next to also blows up from the impact, that should not be a punishable act.

C4, claymores, and mines are all clearly marked.  If you drive/walk over them, that was stupidity on that team members part, not the person that is deploying these items as was intended.
I couldnt agree more except on the mines and claymores people need to pay attention to where they put these and when you place them in bad spots you deserve to get a -2. ofcourse there are those smacktards that will go looking for friendly mines/claymores just to piss people off but hay thats part of online gaming.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6736|cairns australia

MajorHoulahan_MASH wrote:

unfortunately friendly fire on is a requirement for ranked servers.
Legion_of-Death666
+0|6703
Talking about bad non team kills... i put down 4 mines at an entrance... a tank drove over them causing the other 3 to explode.... 2 team mates were close to the mines and died in the explosion...... 2 ugly Team kills on my account....
KevinB550
+5|6717
on a karkand server a few days ago, two US enemies kept going engineer and one took the tank, the other the APC, so they could repair each other. However, one would occasionally move ahead past the hotel, where they were indeed safe, because i was the ONLY one going anti-tank when they rolled in.

Come the next round, I went engy and dropped some AT mines where I was certain they'd run them over. Lo and behold, a minute later as the enemy LAV was coming into sight, a teammate comes flying out of nowhere with a fully loaded vodnik and the primal urge to run over my entire cluster of mines. He did it. Not one person forgave.

I hate people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard