FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
Hey, im gettin this game for xmas, so just wanted to know any good ideas to start with? ive read some of the guides, but i just wanted to hear what everyone else has to say. Ideas for unlocks, classes etc, any good websites for bf2142.

Cheers, Fatherted13
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FALLOUTBOMB
+6|6537|northern virginia, US
dont get it...............jk its a great game
Volatile
+252|6714|Sextupling in Empire

Download FFLOKES unlocks mod and install it. - click here

This way you won't have to add to the already large collection of "what unlock should i get next?" threads.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6426|Norway | Unkown
also have a look on this site: http://bf2142.saf-squad.co.uk
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6530
Voss = G36E
Buzerk1
+44|6846
Engi is the most underated kit of the game
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
This is a good unlock order if you play titan mode.

1. Extra Nade
2. Sprint Upgrade 1
3. Sprint Upgrade 2

These will really increase your ability to ground-pound more effectively.

4. SLSB

This will help you get a squad together really fast, and make titan assault easier.

5. RDX Demopak
6. NetBat Fade Delay
7. Active Cammo
8. Labert Carbine

These unlocks make Recon a MUCH more effective class at titan assault and ground pounding, Bringing it up to power with the other 3 classes.

From there, I unlocked the Voss tree, as I find it as a whole, more useful than the Baur tree. Its not that the Baur tree is bad, but I find the Advanced med hub, smoke nades, and the defib more useful than just the Baur and the PRK-74 rockets.

From there, I unlocked the Pilum tree.

Those are in my opinion the "Nessecary" upgrades you need to be an effective player, after that, its all up to you, according to your playstyle. Like to snipe? Go Zellar tree. Like to play Neer? Go SAAW tree(Don't actually get the SAAW). Like to play assault? Go Baur tree. Like to defend the titan, go Clark tree. Anything else, go Ganz tree (Don't actually get the ganz, it blows)

Don't get the Otus or the Apacitor. They blow.

Extra ammo for the sidearm and Extra nade are nice, its up to you if you wanna unlock them earlier.
Magius5.0
+106|6392|UMass Amherst

Buzerk1 wrote:

Very true.  But I utilize it to its fullest (I'm a mad engineer whore) and I've killed more tanks, walkers and APC's than I can count.  I <3 Pilum H-AVR...*grins* You need the unlocks to make the most of engineer, however.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6530

Elamdri wrote:

Like to play Neer? Go SAAW tree(Don't actually get the SAAW).
QFT. Field unlock it if you really want to try it, overall it doesnt lock on well enough to be worthwhile.

Pilum owns too.
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

Read as much guides as you can and at the beggining play Titan mod only. Its a point farm like no other.
200+ rounds (career) happen often. Rank up quickly, get the unlocks and than do what you want.

Magius5.0 wrote:

Very true.  But I utilize it to its fullest (I'm a mad engineer whore) and I've killed more tanks, walkers and APC's than I can count.  I <3 Pilum H-AVR...*grins* You need the unlocks to make the most of engineer, however.
I counted
You destroyed
- 1085 tanks, apc, walkers
- 706 Flying Thingys
- 607 FAVs

And people say engineers are useless

I recommend first Lambert tree + APM than up to assault rockets. Now you have everything you need for titan defense/attack. I wouldnt go for clark at this point because its another CQC weapon and you dont need it.
Keep racking up points and than go for engineer tree. Probably Pilum side (AT Rifle) and if you like playing as engy than go for the motion mines. Now you should switch to Conquest mode on the big maps (titan maps) and battle the armour.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-12-07 02:39:27)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6720|Sweden
If you plan to play any assault get the defibrilator unlocked and then you can unlock the greater medpacks as a fieldupgrade they are really helpful if you play on your own alot, Otherwise you can just get the defib. as a fieldunlock.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
Ok, there are lots of suggestions there for unlocks, what kit to play and where, but hell, you will not get people to agree on that ever. 
So, I will suggest some more random hints and tips, things i didn’t know till i worked it out in game or was shown, and things that aren’t in the book.  (which, while much better than BF2, is still awful).  Also a list of things I see players doing the hard way.

BTW, if anyone reads this and thinks, “idiot, everyone knows that”, well sorry but either I didn’t at first, or I still see people out there doing it wrong.
So I am shearing the wealth.
Please be helpful and add to it.
------------------------------------

Ground based anti-air guns have a secondary fire, right click for EMP missiles.  Wait for the lock-on signal. 
This is a good idea on most things, right click and see what the secondary fire is.

Most weapons also have a secondary fire ‘mode’ select the same weapon again with the number key to swap, usually a single shot or auto mode.

The top gun in a mech counts as an anti-air position.

The machine guns in most vehicles do not damage tanks AT ALL, it wont stop you trying, but just so you know.

Hot swap round vehicle seats using the F keys. Very useful for swapping to gunner positions in FAV’s / Mechs etc.
This also works on the titan guns.  (lol when people get off of one consol and walk round to the next)

When playing eng, you can repair the space cow from the last two seats where you can use your own weapons.
This also works from seat 3 in the FAV, but they don’t usually last long enough to repair.

FAV’s have nitro, “sprint” to use it.

Mechs can “sprint”

FTLOG,  USE vehicle shields!

Anti air ground guns don’t damage mechs. (they can blind them a bit, but hey)

When a squad leader, either Right click on the map screen where you want an order, or put your cross-hairs on a flag icon and press T.  Always have orders active, as it gets you and your squad points.

You can pick up kits on the floor, good for quickly swapping / dropping supplies or med/ swapping back.

You will get shouted at, sworn at, called a noob, be accused of cheating or being a camper etc.  Try and rise above it.  Unless you are cheating, then you should stop.

You will have rounds where you don’t have any fun, or get lost on maps.  But stick to it, the learning curve is steep at first.  Play a few hours and you will enjoy it I am sure.

Oh, and the best hint. have fun! Play how you want to, dont mind what others say.  Teamwork will be rewarding though, give it a go.

Good gaming, see you on the battlefield.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-12-07 09:23:25)

zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

Also its VERY VERY important to know about titan pods. They are actualy the best thing about Titan mode.
To use them walk up to one of them and press the "enter vehicle" button, default "e". Than "aim" yourself at the direction you want to go and launch. You can cover around 300 meters in it (the coventional way, wink wink). You can stear it pretty good using your movement keys, so you can pick where to land. If posible on the ass of a sniper whore.
People have problems locating them so here is a screenshot:
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0126764/BF/ … -11-36.jpg
(no tags on purpose so SU )

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-12-07 13:00:44)

arson
+99|6647|New York

Buzerk1 wrote:

Only by those who never fired the Pilum at the rear of full enemy armor..
Wreckognize
+294|6495
Alt + F4 gives you free unlocks.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6786

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

Alt + F4 gives you free unlocks.
AHH!! Your the person the "in-game tips" warned me about.....
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6655|Malibu
https://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7639/clipey7.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard