-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6599|Melbourne, Australia.
G'day,

Well, since the last few weeks (its only just started happening recently) my computer has been struggling. When I load up BF2, play a round or two and then exit, it takes a good 2-3 mins of constant heavy loading to work again. During the 2-3 mins, the computer makes a 'clicking' sound (as they do when they load) very, very heavily and everything is slowed down, you cant open anything until its finished recovering from the exit.

What could be the matter here? Its only just started happening recently, only a few weeks ago could I alt tab out of the game in 4-5 seconds while commanding to read the forums and such, but now it takes ages.

Comp specs:

Intel pent 4, 3.2ghz
ATI 9600 256mb
1g ram
basetballjones
+30|6767
Hard drive.  I promise.
montypythizzle
+21|6621
im also agreeing with basetballjones  better back up ANY pics or vids
dead_rac00n
+12|6501|DTC
Mine has also slowed down suddently, some times ago. Thought it was spywares or something. I got 2 G ram and the problem vanished. Too much tasks running at the same time.
You should go for 2g of ram.

Edit :
My specs are similar to yours, except for the vid card :
Pentium D : 3.00 GHz
Video card : Ati radeon x600
Ram : 2 G

I think you're suffering the same thing.

Last edited by dead_rac00n (2006-12-06 22:48:58)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6599|Melbourne, Australia.

basetballjones wrote:

Hard drive.  I promise.
Can you elaborate a little?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

basetballjones wrote:

Hard drive.  I promise.
Can you elaborate a little?
I think he was joking since you didn't mention it in your specs.
Edit: try doing a a system recovery prior to your problems.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-06 22:53:52)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
xm20k
+11|6380
if it's making a clicking noise thats probably the hard drive getting ready to fail.

edited for bad spelling

Last edited by xm20k (2006-12-06 22:56:51)

montypythizzle
+21|6621

xm20k wrote:

if it's making a clicking noise thats probably the hard drive getting ready to fail.

edited for bad spelling
Mad Ad
+178|6529|England, UK
When you play bf2 windows pages a stack of stuff (especially on 1Gb, even with 2Gb it still pages some) off to the HDD, if you are just now starting to get noises on unload and not changed windows settings or swapped hardware recently then yes it sounds like your HDD is starting to experience the 'click of death' and you should back your data up rapido.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard