My troop leader was a faggot so i backed off of Eagle
why?
2. He was Mormon
what's that got to do with anything?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6416|6 feet under
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Made Two Paages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time one of my topics went past one page
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6781
oh yea, since you want to do stats, i did the mile swim and camp and some other stuff. crap i forgot a lot of that stuff.  Anyone still remember how to tie the knots?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6416|6 feet under

Ridir wrote:

oh yea, since you want to do stats, i did the mile swim and camp and some other stuff. crap i forgot a lot of that stuff.  Anyone still remember how to tie the knots?
which ones? I know this is off topic but I'm trying to create a sig and it keeps coming up with this error: The website cannot be found: sigs.bf2s.com

cans someone tell me whats up

Last edited by theit57 (2006-12-06 20:17:12)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6847|USA! USA! USA!

Ridir wrote:

Oh ya, forgot about the mile swim...  Mostly because I did it every week of camp (not bragging, just a fact) with the campers to kind of try to encourage the ones that would slow down.  Tie knots?  All the time.  I used to love it when one of those plastic things on the rope of a GP Medium would break, because I'd tie a tautline and save the day.  I taught a couple of people in my squad how to do it and the next thing I knew I was teaching the platoon...
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6781
I think the most fun I had was being a counsler (staff for those that don't know) at camp during the summer.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6757|Norcal, usa

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
i think the spaniards got it right.
Uh oh, sounds like somebody is upset because he couldn't earn his "Plays Nice With Others" belt loop in cub scouts.  That's OK, I'll still be your friend!
looks like someone's a christian.
i was kicked out of boy scouts because i'm atheist.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6416|6 feet under

jermyang wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
Uh oh, sounds like somebody is upset because he couldn't earn his "Plays Nice With Others" belt loop in cub scouts.  That's OK, I'll still be your friend!
sucks it was alot of fun
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6717|MoVal So-Cal

jermyang wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
Thats why I kept my athiesm to myself.
Reciprocity
+721|6598|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I lost interest when I was about 10.  They started talking about 'helping people' or some shit.  I dont know, I tuned it out.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

Pernicious544 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

isnt it discrimination
Reciprocity
It's a private organization, like NAMBLA, that is given all kinds of free shit from the gov't.  they can discriminate however they want.
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

Ender2309 wrote:

does being an eagle scout actually further your life, or is it like a bf2 award? seriously.
Got into an internship program because of it...
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

Ridir wrote:

Anyone still remember how to tie the knots?
Yup...

Lashing and first aid are the two most useful things I ever learned in Scouts. Not to mention how to talk in front of large groups (40 to 50 people) once a week. Makes speeches and presentations a piece of cake.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6717|MoVal So-Cal

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

isnt it discrimination
It is, and, in my eye is the biggest problem with the organization. I have seen and done so much because of Scouting that many others have not. during my eagle Board of Review (dudes in scouts know what it is) they asked me what i would change in the organization. I told them that I believed someone that is athiest should not be shoved out just because he doesn't believe in a "god," the Eagle Scout rank shows ability to lead, organize and complete what you start, i.e. commitment.
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

Krauser98 wrote:

Please note that if everyone in your troop was a nerd except you...  You were a nerd.   
I specified geeks .... the term nerd I'll own up to.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6717|MoVal So-Cal
the kid is mentally challenged, and you know what?  That was probably one of the happiest days in his life because he won and got a trophy, probably the only one he has ever got.
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

Pernicious544 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

isnt it discrimination
It is, and, in my eye is the biggest problem with the organization. I have seen and done so much because of Scouting that many others have not. during my eagle Board of Review (dudes in scouts know what it is) they asked me what i would change in the organization. I told them that I believed someone that is athiest should not be shoved out just because he doesn't believe in a "god," the Eagle Scout rank shows ability to lead, organize and complete what you start, i.e. commitment.
My dad now runs the Eagle Scout BOR's as the Council level Eagle Advancement coordinator...

First question he asks every BOR is "Do you beleive in God?" Answer wrong and it stops there.

Bit discriminatory, but to be honest the foundation was created as a stepping stool to the military... ie. protecting the freedoms and beliefs our country was founded on and one of those is a strong belief in God. I have no issue with the question my Dad asks.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6847|USA! USA! USA!

Pernicious544 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

isnt it discrimination
Meh...  We could make this D&ST, but I'd rather not.  Let's just leave it at something about being "private organization" or something...  There is / has been a lot of debate about gays and religion being in scouting...  I personally don't think a person should be kicked out for something like that.  I also tend to wonder about people who say they were kicked out of scouts, because I know of a lot of kids who did a lot of things that never got kicked out.

Also, I don't know where he got the whole Christian thing (even though he's generally right), but whatevs...

Edit: Looks like this got covered well before my post.  I still think it's valid though.  Also if you're an Eagle and proud of it, be like me and put it in your sig somehow!  (Why? Because I want everyone to be like me so I can be normal.)

Last edited by Krauser98 (2006-12-06 00:20:52)

Reciprocity

JE3146 wrote:

First question he asks every BOR is "Do you beleive in God?" Answer wrong and it stops there.

Bit discriminatory, but to be honest the foundation was created as a stepping stool to the military... ie. protecting the freedoms and beliefs our country was founded on and one of those is a strong belief in God. I have no issue with the question my Dad asks.
what the fuck does your god have to do with the military?  Protecting freedoms?  our country was founded on a strong belief in god?  wow, that is fascenating.

and fucking stupid
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6416|6 feet under

Krauser98 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

isnt it discrimination
Meh...  We could make this D&ST, but I'd rather not.  Let's just leave it at something about being "private organization" or something...  There is / has been a lot of debate about gays and religion being in scouting...  I personally don't think a person should be kicked out for something like that.  I also tend to wonder about people who say they were kicked out of scouts, because I know of a lot of kids who did a lot of things that never got kicked out.

Also, I don't know where he got the whole Christian thing (even though he's generally right), but whatevs...

Edit: Looks like this got covered well before my post.  I still think it's valid though.  Also if you're an Eagle and proud of it, be like me and put it in your sig somehow!  (Why? Because I want everyone to be like me so I can be normal.)
i would if I could figure out how to do it
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6717|MoVal So-Cal

JE3146 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

isnt it discrimination
My dad now runs the Eagle Scout BOR's as the Council level Eagle Advancement coordinator...

of course there is a very simple way to get around the "do you believe in god?" question; Lie
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6430|Michigan, USA

Eagle Scout in 2005!  I earned a large number of merit badges as well (can't remember the #), went to Philmont (highest I climbed was Mt. Philips), went numerous times to various summer camps, became staff of one for 2 years, all that good stuff and good times!  Nothing like waking up in your tent in your "mummy" sleeping bag to the wilderness in the morning!  My friend (plays/owns BF2 vanilla, SF, EF, AF; frequents bf2s.com but not a forum member) creationister7 (in-game name) is also an Eagle Scout, but of 2004.
Reciprocity
oh good. we've got commandochristian and creationister7 now.  finally some common sense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard