BeforeGod
+0|6816|British Columbia

jermyang wrote:

dao-12 seriously, no doubt
but i hate how they... "dramatize" shotguns by making them so inefficient at killing people at medium ranges. I mean, you would probably say, "oh, you didnt' get close enough", but seriously, people go duck hunting with shotguns.
maybe its not effective against body armor though
Yeah I agree. I also can't see why they don't let the pump action shotguns use iron sites.

Oh well it can be an odd game at times...
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
The DAO doesn't have an SF "second tier" unlock.
I had the Jackhammer and unlocked the MP7.
A lot of guys don't like it but I use it quite often.
You can't unlock it unless you've unlocked the Jackhammer.
Think ahead...
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
I would say the DAO just because the Anti-Tank class is so much more useful than Engineer in most situations.  Don't worry about not being unable to unlock the MP7; that thing can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2005-12-27 09:39:00)

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6730|Honolulu, HI
I agree that the upgrade from the anti-tank SMGs to the DAO-12 is way more dramatic than going from the engineer's shotgun to...well, a faster-shooting shotgun.  Also, the PLA NOR982 and USMC M1187 do 25x8 damage, making them one-shot-one-kill weapons in close quarters.  The Jackhammer at 15x8 damage is a one-hit kill only against non-armored soldiers, though if you have a full-auto shotgun chances are you won't stop firing after one shell   The DAO-12, on the other hand, is basically a Saiga 12K that holds more shells (and can be reloaded mid-magazine without wasting shots).  It does 12x8 damage making it a two-hit kill under the best of circumstances.  For purposes of comparison, all the anti-tank SMGs do 19 damage, thus requiring 6 hits to kill (8 against armored targets).  Ouch.

In other words, unless you NEVER play anti-tank (or are willing to be a masochist with a glorified machine pistol when you do), the DAO-12 is simply the better unlock.  Even if you don't intend on going after tanks as an AT or repairing stuff as an Engineer, the AT guy will perform better at straight-up combat considering that he has body armor and the Engineer doesn't.  (But shame on you for not using your SRAW or wrench, lol.)
ArkAng37
+1|6846|San Antonio, TX
Doa12
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
Pump action all the way!!111
Slink
+17|6698
DAO hands-down IMO but I play AT a lot.  Now, that said...

If you unlock the Jackhammer (which isn't a bad gun at all), then you can unlock the MP7 with SF, which IS a piece of pwn.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard