Poll

would bf2 be better without the name tags.

yes17%17% - 5
no25%25% - 7
maybe just make the more transparent.14%14% - 4
this is a lame idea go back to your hole in the ground.42%42% - 12
Total: 28
poperrap
+1|6386
well i was thinking. i have been playing bf2 for a bit and i find the tags a destraction. if i am behind my squad all i can see if there green/blue tags and those block what they are looking at. now grant it this is not that often. i find sometime that i am looking @ the rank and name of the sucker i am trying to get but then that is something that i need to work at. it would make sniping harder and maybe aiming would be better. up to u. vote and let the world know.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6531|Adelaide, South Australia

if you took away the friendly tags, then Teamkills would go through roof.

however, you could just take away the red tags above enemy heads. those aren't needed.
Brasso
+1,549|6642

Option 4.  As you can see in 2142, making the friendly nametag appearance time long, or making them nonexistent results in billions of teamkills a round.  This is a lame idea, go back to your hole in the ground. 
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
d.cripz
+29|6421
i just finished jacking off to your sig
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6696
Yes, TK's would go through the roof but it might be fun to try. I'm not comparing a game to real life but team/squad communication would increase, uniform differentiation, target identification prior to firing, it would all have to increase and become (as much as a game really could) more realistic in order to eliminate friendly fire casualties.  I think it would be fun.  On a BFV server we used to have, we took the tag distance down as far as it would go.... a very interesting night to say the least.

[edit]Gotta agree haffey...damn nice sig[/edit]

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2006-12-04 19:14:27)

Brasso
+1,549|6642

d.cripz wrote:

I'm glad you saw the light.

462nd NSP653 wrote:

[edit]Gotta agree haffey...damn nice sig[/edit]
Thank you.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-12-04 19:19:53)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

d.cripz wrote:

If you can jack off to that then you have problems kiddo.
Brasso
+1,549|6642

Towelly wrote:

d.cripz wrote:

Zomg Towelly I thought you were my friend. Mewants buttsecks with Marisa Miller, don't make fun of her.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-12-04 19:24:50)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

haffeysucks wrote:

Towelly wrote:

d.cripz wrote:

Zomg Towelly I thought you were my friend. Mewants buttsecks with Marisa Miller, don't make fun of her.
She's hot and teh buttsechs would be good, but a couple of pictures of her lying around aren't going to get me to jack one off.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/derail.jpg
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic
If I could +1 you again I would, that's my new favourite de-railed picture.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6498|Melbourne

Towelly wrote:

QFT That
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Towelly wrote:

I'm on a roll today
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6373|None ya
I think that it should be an option. If yu want them on then pt them on, if not, then not.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6423|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
The name tag issue in BF2 makes me think of the solution they came up with in CoD2. All friendlies have a tag above their heads displaying the army's flag.
When you put your crosshairs directly over the guy, his name appears.
There are no identifications on an enemy apart from their uniform and the absence of tags.
I'd love to see this implemented into BF2 but i doubt it will happen.
fotrsaken
+1|6522|NYC
like fernis said teamkills will go through the roof
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6548|Las Vegas

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

if you took away the friendly tags, then Teamkills would go through roof.

however, you could just take away the red tags above enemy heads. those aren't needed.
Enemy tags only show when they are in ur crosshairs dude. And thats a pretty good time to have them.
weamo8
+50|6454|USA
I think they should turn them off.  People would have to think before they started spraying and lobbing.  I find them distracting as hell.

On a side note, at least you can easily tell different armies apart in BF2.  Everyone looks the same in 2142 to me (from a medium distance anyway).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard