I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6779|Norcal, usa
the peter griffin tank
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6732|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

HW--CHOPPER wrote:

but i think its not the tank its the person in the tank
Alright. Panzer IIIH with a veteran crew against a M4A3 'Sherman' green crew. Who will win?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6640|132 and Bush

HW--CHOPPER wrote:

but i think its not the tank its the person in the tank
More like the technology.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JaggedPanther
+61|6513

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

HW--CHOPPER wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKRSv7d9_QQ

tiger tank would be the best of all time
It was for it's time of introduction to WWII. I'd take the Panzer V 'Panther' over any tank from WWII any day.
I'd take the Tiger II (King Tiger) over the Panther.

Thickest armor, biggest gun... the Tiger II wins.

but the Panzer IV was still the best.
I'd take the JagdTiger over the King Tiger, it's basically a battleship gun on threads   

But since this is just tanks only I'll go for the Panther Aust G. (speed, performance, firepower, infrared vision, etc).

Tanks after WW2 just don't count it's basically first world tank technology and air support vs third world tanks  conscript tank crews with non-existant logistics.
SwampDog
+12|6510|Luton, England
A volvo with a shotgun!! The ultimate in Armour and offensive capabilities!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6559|Adelaide, South Australia

SwampDog wrote:

A volvo with a shotgun!! The ultimate in Armour and offensive capabilities!
What model Volvo?
SwampDog
+12|6510|Luton, England
One off the old box ones from the 1980s!! The 765 i believe was the big solid square one.

Last edited by SwampDog (2006-12-04 23:36:57)

Jepeto87
+38|6725|Dublin
The Tiger and all the other late entry tanks into the Wehrmark are certainly are'nt the best tanks ever or even WW2! They were plagued intianally with technical problems as they were rushed into development, they certainly were'nt practical ether as they took a long time to produce. These are factors that have to be taken into account when arguing constantly about this topic!

Thats why I think the T-34/85 (The newer version that went into production in 1944, I think) is the best tank ever. Its 85MM gun could penetrate the latest Tigers and Panthers while it still had all the features of the original T-34, reliability, easy to produce, soldier proof (not complicated!) and fast!

I think that Israeli tank is the best modern tank at the moment, though almost all modern MBT's are excellent, thats why they went into production!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This is a no-brainer. Emperor Overlord tank. China.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … erlord.jpg

Twin auto-tracking minigun turret. Dual cannon. Bunker port. Propaganda loudspeaker.

"NUTTING IN AH WAY!"
I remeber once my Maruader was squished by one of those. I miss that thing  and how overPowered it was, you could over run a whole GLA base with only four.
Just had to watch out for the hidden GLA bombs. They could wreak havoc, Overlord or not.

What I liked to do was capture a Chinese airfield, load a Humvee (with a spy drone) with rocket soldiers, stick them in those Zero Hour Chinese bunker helicopters, and fill the remainder of the space with more rocket soldiers and a sniper. Everything could 'fire through the windows'. Horrible.

Of course, it was heartbreaking when miniguns took 'em down.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-05 11:23:01)

masterofflama
+19|6624|European Battlefield Command
but this one is from polish army...
T-34 FTW!!!
herrr_smity
+156|6667|space command ur anus

eagles1106 wrote:

M1, Challenger, Leopard, cant decide, theres a lot of great tanks out there with great qualities that differ.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6565|South Florida
https://www.innerauto.com/includes/images/Inner_Auto/Volvo_Parts/volvo_gas_tank.JPG

The Volvo 720
Best tank in the world, this baby holds 20 gallons of high octane racing fuel... Or just your normal gas.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Longbow
+163|6686|Odessa, Ukraine
all times : T-34-85
modern  : Merkava Mk.III
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6732|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Jepeto87 wrote:

The Tiger and all the other late entry tanks into the Wehrmark are certainly are'nt the best tanks ever or even WW2! They were plagued intianally with technical problems as they were rushed into development, they certainly were'nt practical ether as they took a long time to produce. These are factors that have to be taken into account when arguing constantly about this topic!

Thats why I think the T-34/85 (The newer version that went into production in 1944, I think) is the best tank ever. Its 85MM gun could penetrate the latest Tigers and Panthers while it still had all the features of the original T-34, reliability, easy to produce, soldier proof (not complicated!) and fast!

I think that Israeli tank is the best modern tank at the moment, though almost all modern MBT's are excellent, thats why they went into production!
That could only penetrate a King Tiger with flank shots or from the rear. There hasn't been a recorded instance of a King Tiger being taken down from a shot to it's frontal armor.
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6692
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6605|Area 51

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Twin auto-tracking minigun turret. Dual cannon. Bunker port. Propaganda loudspeaker.

"NUTTING IN AH WAY!"
Gattling Cannon Will Be Ready Soon!

I Will Crusshhhh..
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6656|UCF
The Mammoth Tank FTW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_Tank
https://images.ea.com/eagames/official/cc_firstdecade/Mammoth/GDI_MammothTank.jpg

Last edited by vpyroman (2006-12-05 12:32:18)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6605|Area 51

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"NUTTING IN AH WAY!"
I remeber once my Maruader was squished by one of those. I miss that thing  and how overPowered it was, you could over run a whole GLA base with only four.
Just had to watch out for the hidden GLA bombs. They could wreak havoc, Overlord or not.

What I liked to do was capture a Chinese airfield, load a Humvee (with a spy drone) with rocket soldiers, stick them in those Zero Hour Chinese bunker helicopters, and fill the remainder of the space with more rocket soldiers and a sniper. Everything could 'fire through the windows'. Horrible.

Of course, it was heartbreaking when miniguns took 'em down.
Its fun to fight against the Infantry Generals...Load up 10 humvees..take 2 snipers per humveee, load the rest up with rocketman, take 2 medic humvees with you and you will take down all those pathetic little soldiers + their troop transporters
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6661|London, England
Anything that can survive a Javelin or the A10's cannon

Is there a tank that can survive those*?

*Not including a Volvo.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6640|132 and Bush

You guys have it all wrong!!

Best tank in the world right here!

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8756521311799429959&q=bf2[/google]

Any tank that can throw you through solid objects gets my vote.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-05 12:44:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

RDMC(2) wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"NUTTING IN AH WAY!"
Gattling Cannon Will Be Ready Soon!

I Will Crusshhhh..
We ah BEEEEEEG!

RDMC(2) wrote:

Its fun to fight against the Infantry Generals...Load up 10 humvees..take 2 snipers per humveee, load the rest up with rocketman, take 2 medic humvees with you and you will take down all those pathetic little soldiers + their troop transporters
...and hope to god they aren't on the CHOPPAHS.

MAKE ROOM FO DUH NAPALM BOMB!

Still hard to beat terrorist/bomb bike rushes from that GLA superhole. They make mincemeat out of bases.

We should do some compstomps. I suck at PvP.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-05 14:31:41)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6661|London, England
lol if only BF2 were more like CnC generals, in terms of vehicles and shit. That would actually be a pretty fun mod.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6640|132 and Bush

I feel a best fighter jet thread coming on.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard