silentsin
+3|6715
and (although i'll probably get flamed to no end for this) i have to say it is a HUGE improvement even over the full retail BF2.

why?

to me it seems that it was made to give players a fighting chance. there are no planes, which is great i think. it's much easier than BF2, which i don't think is a bad thing because i actually had FUN when i played. unlike BF2, where i barely get a chance to fire my gun without a getting hit by a shell/bomb/missile. i like the look of the weapons too, even though they're futuristic. also, none of the weapons are overpowered and it should be kept that way. for some reason it seems that the players are nicer as well, maybe it's because the game's fair.

i don't understand why everyone hates it so much. i have the opposite reaction.

EDIT: also there's less lag, faster load times, and the graphics are better, even on low.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-03 19:51:12)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6834|Belgium
I agree on most of it.
Except the lag..
You should play a Titan server with 48/48 huge lag there..
(And unfortunately when I'm on laptop there's even huge lag on a 32/32 player server.. Even sometimes on 26/26 .. my laptop sux.. )
silentsin
+3|6715
yes i noticed very bad lag when entering a new game. but it calms down after a little i think. maybe that's just the demo. can anyone tell me how much better the full retail version of 2142 is? or perhaps just the major differences and changes they made.

and wow, D34TH_D34L3R, you're already Major Gold? are ranks/unlocks alot easier to get in 2142? or is that a low rank.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-04 11:29:38)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710

silentsin wrote:

yes i noticed very bad lag when entering a new game. but it calms down after a little i think. maybe that's just the demo. can anyone tell me how much better the full retail version of 2142 is?

and wow, D34TH_D34L3R, you're already Major Gold? are ranks/unlocks alot easier to get in 2142? or is that a low rank.
ranking up is as easy as balls, im a colonel gold already.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6406|New York
that's the thing too, you can actually rank up without having to spend 5000 hours playing. ive played 57 hours and i'm up to the 21st rank.

the trick is to play for badges, ribbons, pins.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51
Game doesn't have that same speed that BF2 does..and that bugs me..
silentsin
+3|6715
yeah the running and walking is really slow. i enjoy the little tiny car transport vehicle though. that thing's a speed demon.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6834|Belgium

silentsin wrote:

yes i noticed very bad lag when entering a new game. but it calms down after a little i think. maybe that's just the demo. can anyone tell me how much better the full retail version of 2142 is? or perhaps just the major differences and changes they made.

Actually I'm Lt. Col. Silver now. (just haven't chanced it yet.. Guess I'll have to though..)
Anywho, ranking up goes fast.. I'm at rank 30 or so and the rank-up gap is something of 2000 points now..
EA will probably add more ranks in a future patch since a lot of players have made it to the final ranking already.
Zukabazuka
+23|6703
I don't know why people complain about the unlocks system, I'm up in 90h and Colonel Silver or something. If you want a good start just play titan mode for 60h. There are lots of badges you can get just in titan.

If you want a bigger boost play as Engineer or recon, so you can destroy consoles and gaurd the airshaft with explosions.
The badges you can get in Titan mode
Titan Destruction Achievement Badge
Titan Defense Excellence Badge
Titan Combat Excellence Badge

Each bronze give from 20-40 points but every silver gives 500 and gold gives a whooping 1000 career points, though there are ribbons that gives 2000 points but take times to get, check more here http://bf2142fever.com/
Lost-Soul
+26|6527
Buy the game...it kicks ass
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6793|EUR

RDMC(2) wrote:

BF2 speed consists of the little area between the US main spawn on karkand and the MEC hotel.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6406|New York
^^ agreed. bf2142 can be pretty intense at times. inside the titan, belgrade, camp gibralter, fall of berlin.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
B1GBUD
+17|6614|Under an Artillery Shell

RDMC(2) wrote:

That's my biggest groan too, you'd have thought they would have kept it similar so people used to BF2 wouldn't feel like they're running in mud!!

I've held back buying it as I still have badges to get on BF2.... which still has plenty going for it.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6497
Start playing soon.  When you get into the game and you only have your basic weapons and everyone else is carrying around the advanced sniper rifle it will feel like you BF2 with planes. You wont be able to take a step without getting sniped down. Better hurry.
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6406

ncc6206 wrote:

Start playing soon.  When you get into the game and you only have your basic weapons and everyone else is carrying around the advanced sniper rifle it will feel like you BF2 with planes. You wont be able to take a step without getting sniped down. Better hurry.
thats what happened to me with bf2
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker

silentsin wrote:

yeah the running and walking is really slow. i enjoy the little tiny car transport vehicle though. that thing's a speed demon.
Not after the longer sprint and fast sprint recharge player upgrades.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-05 07:52:03)

Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6564|-removed you know why- mod
its easier... thats the point!!!

do your math

everyone agree with this gets karma
Zukabazuka
+23|6703

ncc6206 wrote:

Snipers arn't that bad to go against, Support are worse.
silentsin
+3|6715
well if i do get the game it won't be until christmas ><

EDIT: well i guess i could buy it now... anyone recommend buying it in stores over downloading it on EA link?
and what's this i'm hearing about ads in game and spyware? i'm also hearing that the game is just as unbalanced as BF2, in which case i'm not spending 50 dollars for it.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-05 11:48:45)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6834|Belgium

silentsin wrote:

well if i do get the game it won't be until christmas ><

EDIT: well i guess i could buy it now... anyone recommend buying it in stores over downloading it on EA link?
and what's this i'm hearing about ads in game and spyware? i'm also hearing that the game is just as unbalanced as BF2, in which case i'm not spending 50 dollars for it.
1) I've been hearing lots of complaints about EA Downloader, so I'd suggest buying it in a store.
2) I still haven't seen any of the adds in game (only the billboards with US/PAC posters.
3) I think it's more balanced than BF2. But that's only IMO. I have equal hours of play with EU and PAC forces. The only unbalance I've found is the PAC that that's better than the EU tank because it's hovering capabilities.
(Although I find and hear that the PAC gunship is stronger than the EU's.)
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

Flonster wrote:

its easier... thats the point!!!

do your math

everyone agree with this gets karma
i agree!!!!!!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6728|Sweden
Both bf2 and 2142 are quite easy to learn if you compare to CS where the great players will shine. In BF allot of the "great" players would be rubbish or average players on a game like CS which has a longer learning-curve.

And the fact that your accuracy decrease heavily by moving has a large impact on this it gives the "worse" players a larger chance to success.
silentsin
+3|6715

madmurre wrote:

Both bf2 and 2142 are quite easy to learn if you compare to CS where the great players will shine. In BF allot of the "great" players would be rubbish or average players on a game like CS which has a longer learning-curve.

And the fact that your accuracy decrease heavily by moving has a large impact on this it gives the "worse" players a larger chance to success.
actually, i'm a CS, CS:CZ, and CS:S veteran and i did better on those games than i usually do on BF2. i'd have to say that BF2 is only harder because of vehicles and dolphin diving. i get frustrated with BF2 a lot easier than i ever have with CS. except maybe when the other team are all AWP pro's.

and i just bought 2142 off EA Link last night. i'm finishing up installing it now and nothing has gone wrong so far.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-06 03:32:59)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6728|Sweden

silentsin wrote:

madmurre wrote:

actually, i'm a CS, CS:CZ, and CS:S veteran and i did better on those games than i usually do on BF2. i'd have to say that BF2 is only harder because of vehicles and dolphin diving. i get frustrated with BF2 a lot easier than i ever have with CS. except maybe when the other team are all AWP pro's.

and i just bought 2142 off EA Link last night. i'm finishing up installing it now and nothing has gone wrong so far.
You got a point in CS you can win the matches on your own, ( not really talking about clan matches now ) In battlefield there are more things you can´t control veichle whores, spawn campers, artillery and on and on. but at least in my experience the average CS player has more "skill" than the average Bf player.

There are so many whores in the battlefield genre that specialize in a certain thing whatever it might be sure it´s somewhat the same on Cs ( AWP, AK, etc )but there everyone fights with the same "rules" it´s all about ground pounding and kill your enemy's mostly.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6834|Belgium

madmurre wrote:

but at least in my experience the average CS player has more "skill" than the average Bf player.
That's the biggest bullsh*t I've heard on this forum..
I 've played MoHAA for 3 years and CS for 1 year. And I always was on top of the lists on both of them.
I actually found that CS was a lot easier than MoHAA.

I'm sure that many of the BF2/2142 players are ex-MoHAA/CS/... players
So you can't say they don't have skill..

The skilled players are those who can addapt to different games.
If in BF2 you got raped by a Tank-whore. Than rape the Tank-whore yourself with Anti-Armor weaponary (Rockets/C4/Ground Defense/...) or your own Tank/Gunship..

It is just a fact that in Battlefield you need to be aware about more threats than the enemy shooting at you with an almost equal gun are yours. You need to watch out for Tanks / Planes / Mechs / Gunships / Troop Transporter s / APCs / Different infantry classes with different weaponary / Ground- & Air defense / Artillary Fire / Titans / ..
So IMO, if you want to be really good in BF, it 'll be loads harder than MoHAA or CS.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2006-12-06 11:11:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard