usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

One of my two rear fans is inop, I own a Dell XPS ( stop laughing), and I searched the Dell site but could not find one.  I went to various computer stores, but they all told me I have to get it from Dell because the non-dell fans have different sockets, which is true.  So where do I get a new fan?
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
From Dell.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Ummm, like I said, I could not find one on Dell's site.  I may have missed it.
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
Sorry... should've been more specific.  Their web site has a telephone number for ordering.  Wade through a couple of automated menus and you'll eventually end-up with a living, breathing, English speaking (for the most part) human being.  7 out-of 10 times they'll be able to help you.  I needed a face plate for a floppy drive and was out-of luck.  I needed an additional video card fan and it cost me $13 and I had it within 36 hours.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6847
Dell online, get it shipped to you and learn how to install it. Don't worry about what people bitch about how Dells suck, they don't.
I don't have a lot of mony being 15 and my Dell was a good choice, it plays BF2 on medium settings at about 30fps and most new games at a reasonable setting. For some dipshits who have 100s of hoursa to waste on a computer and $5000+ to spend a Dell sucks. These people really need to be arrested in a sub-humane prison in a 3rd world country for a few years.

PS. I've always wanted to try out an XPS, I have a 4700.
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
The web site only lists off-the-shelf plug 'n chug items.  You have to telephone for deeper help.
BTW:  Screw the guys that laugh at the Dell set-ups.  I dust 'em regularly on-line.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Thanks, I will give them a call.  I just tried to avoid calling them because I did not want to talk to someone in India.
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
Actually... I live in Indiana, spoke with a guy in Chicago and the part came from South Bend (Indiana).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

That's shocking.  I rarely get someone I can understand.
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
Good Luck w/ the project.
Semper Fi
gunnaboy
+26|6719

Whitegreek wrote:

Dell online, get it shipped to you and learn how to install it. Don't worry about what people bitch about how Dells suck, they don't.
I don't have a lot of mony being 15 and my Dell was a good choice, it plays BF2 on medium settings at about 30fps and most new games at a reasonable setting. For some dipshits who have 100s of hoursa to waste on a computer and $5000+ to spend a Dell sucks. These people really need to be arrested in a sub-humane prison in a 3rd world country for a few years.

PS. I've always wanted to try out an XPS, I have a 4700.
i don't have alot of money. Budget yourself and you will find that you can build a decent gaming machine for between 1500 to 2000 bucks
Aussie dollars that is. About 1000 to 1500 US

Last edited by gunnaboy (2005-12-26 19:08:43)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6738

usmarine2005 wrote:

Thanks, I will give them a call.  I just tried to avoid calling them because I did not want to talk to someone in India.
Any reputable customer/tech service support will immeadtly transfer u to america if u ask "I would like to speak with an american". most have a policy about it. IE for dell they will transfer u directly to tier 2 support for dell which is in the united states.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Cool, I will call them tomorrow, thanks guys.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard