usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio
"Padilla claims, among other things, that he was forced to stand in painful stress positions, given LSD or some other drug as a "truth serum," subjected to loud noises and noxious odors and forced to endure sleep deprivation, extreme heat and cold, and harsh lights."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061204/ap_ … or_charges

Gee, how evil.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
oh noes
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

usmarine2007 wrote:

"Padilla claims, among other things, that he was forced to stand in painful stress positions, given LSD or some other drug as a "truth serum," subjected to loud noises and noxious odors and forced to endure sleep deprivation, extreme heat and cold, and harsh lights."

Gee, how evil.
THE NOISE HURTS!

I think this is more effective.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker

usmarine2007 wrote:

Gee, how evil.
Seems as though the members of our armed forces have it worse than Padilla.  They are subjected to loud noise (gunfire, bombs), noxious odors (cleanup after suicide bombings), sleep deprivation, extreme heat in their current location, and harsh lights (unrelenting desert sun). 

For Padilla:
Loud noise = Metallica cranked to 11
Painful stress positions = sitting on his butt for hours
Truth serum = I would assume the majority of terrorists are subjected to it in interrogation
Noxious odors = no idea, maybe the interrogator farted in his face?
Sleep deprivation = hell, I experience that, I've got 2 kids
Extreme heat = wah wah
Extreme cold = it's -6 today where I'm at
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6381|Kyiv, Ukraine
Don't knock it till you been through it, imagine a 4 week marathon of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club power hour pumped into your head at full blast with no other activity to distract you.  If you aren't insane after that, you probably weren't sane to begin with.

Psychological or physical, cruel or unusual punishment (maybe not so cruel, but definitely unusual) especially without a jury trial first is a violation of the Constitution if you're talking about American citizens.  A ban on "Degrading treatment" applies in the cases of captured POW's under Geneva Conventions.  Don't go down either road, it leads to a lot of "what if's" that you don't want to contemplate.  Its unfortunate that we need to write these rules down so supposedly "civilized" people can understand them.

PS...don't take me as some bleeding heart liberal either until your RL kill count exceeds mine.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2006-12-04 08:02:10)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

I'd actually quite like the idea of listening to Metallica all day long. If they played techno or rap however, I'd go insane within hours.

I hope the NSA doesn't pay attention to what I say on here, otherwise I might not have as much fun if I ever get dragged off to Gitmo...
Stingray24
Pat Robertson wouldn't be so bad.  However, Nancy Pelosi would drive me insane after a half hour.

Metallica FTW!  I almost lost my hearing at their concert back in the day.  Master of Puppets and the Black album just plain rock.  *rockfist*

Serious question: If this man was part of a terrorist plot, how should we get the information we need since he's a citizen?  If we can't even use phychological means, what else do we have left?

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-04 08:49:22)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

U.S. authorities initially claimed he was on an al-Qaida mission to detonate a radioactive "dirty bomb" in a U.S. city.
Sounds pretty far fetched TBH...
Stingray24

ghettoperson wrote:

U.S. authorities initially claimed he was on an al-Qaida mission to detonate a radioactive "dirty bomb" in a U.S. city.
I hope so.  I watched a show on National Geographic called Triple Cross detailing how al-Qaeda infiltrated the US and how organized they were before 9/11.  Made me think they are capable of a dirty bomb if that's their plan.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6381|Kyiv, Ukraine
Serious question: If this man was part of a terrorist plot, how should we get the information we need since he's a citizen?  If we can't even use phychological means, what else do we have left?
If the "plot" is for real, then you get off your ass and do some surveillence.  You get a SIGNED WARRANT from a JUDGE to search for anything you feel is really there.  You can even apply for a warrant AFTER the fact if the situation requires that you start searching right away.  This is what law enforcement personnel call "investigation".  What you don't do is put the thumbscrews to a person that's already imbalanced and expect him to have a "moment of clarity" where he honestly spills his guts about how he shoplifted a candy bar when he was 4 years old.

Now, in the Hollywood "ticking time bomb" scenario which fascist apologists love to throw out there like it has ever or will ever happen in real life in order to justify institutionalized mandated torture, it becomes very simple.  You put your job on the line and BREAK THE RULES.  Go ahead, crush his nuts, put his head in boiling oil, do whatever you like to figure out whether its the green or blue wire you should cut.  If you do indeed save the day or narrowly miss, you'll be a hero.  If you're flying off the handle, you're out of a job and doing a year or two in prison for maiming an innocent person.  Your call, but to say we should make this behaviour par for the course in order to justify interrogation techniques that DON'T WORK, but instead sate some carnal "sick fuck" desire on the part of an imaginary goose-stepping Nazi electorate, is total crap.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6557|Southeastern USA

ghettoperson wrote:

didn't that russian spy that died of radiation poisoning convert to islam recently? Islamists+espionage+radiation=not so far fetched.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6730|Eastern PA

kr@cker wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

didn't that russian spy that died of radiation poisoning convert to islam recently? Islamists+espionage+radiation=not so far fetched.
Mr. Padilla was added as a defendant in a terrorism conspiracy case already under way in Miami. The strong public accusations made during his military detention — about the dirty bomb, Al Qaeda connections and supposed plans to set off natural gas explosions in apartment buildings — appear nowhere in the indictment against him. The indictment does not allege any specific violent plot against America.
Link

And repeated exposure to common "truth serums" (usually some form of barbiturate) can cause lasting damage to the central nervous system, which is why, combined with other conditions of his incarceration, Padilla is probably unfit for trial.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

His orange shirt looks clean.
Stingray24

Masques wrote:

Link . . .
Please refrain from using the NY times as a source.  They are no longer trustworthy with the bs they've been caught publishing.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6638|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

I'd actually quite like the idea of listening to Metallica all day long. If they played techno or rap however, I'd go insane within hours.

I hope the NSA doesn't pay attention to what I say on here, otherwise I might not have as much fun if I ever get dragged off to Gitmo...
youre not going to gitmo....county maybe, but definitly NOT gitmo
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
I love the way they are using this claim to try and disprove he is a terrorist... wait a second... WHAT! Someone explain how that works please.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida
Wow, LMFAO at Stingrays post, and anyone else who thinks this is "just playing around".  They obviously don't know what the fuck an interrogation really is.....

Stress positions = real shit, not just some walk in the park

Sleep deprivation = Sometimes 2 plus days without a wink of sleep.  I think Stingray has some real family issues if his kids are preventing him from sleeping for more than 24 hours...

Also loud noises, flashing lights, etc. can make you go insane if you're subjected to it enough.  I seriously doubt Stingray or usmarine2007 would volunteer to go through one of these interrogation phases.  They talk shit now, but everytime someone criticizes them, they remind us "Our soldiers are over there, so it's okay for us to do that to our prisoners" Um, durdeepfuckingder?  Our soldiers are over there in the first place, you don't just make some pussyass excuse to mistreat prisoners...... unless you're a pussy and a hypocrite yourself.

Stingray and usmarine2007 /fail
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio

Spearhead wrote:

Wow, LMFAO at Stingrays post, and anyone else who thinks this is "just playing around".  They obviously don't know what the fuck an interrogation really is.....

Sleep deprivation = Sometimes 2 plus days without a wink of sleep.  I think Stingray has some real family issues if his kids are preventing him from sleeping for more than 24 hours...

Also loud noises, flashing lights, etc. can make you go insane if you're subjected to it enough.  I seriously doubt Stingray or usmarine2007 would volunteer to go through one of these interrogation phases.  They talk shit now, but everytime someone criticizes them, they remind us "Our soldiers are over there, so it's okay for us to do that to our prisoners" Um, durdeepfuckingder?  Our soldiers are over there in the first place, you don't just make some pussyass excuse to mistreat prisoners...... unless you're a pussy and a hypocrite yourself.

I have been thru Escape and Evasion school ( SERE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SERE ) , which I volunteered to go thru.  So I do know a little about sleep deprivation and stress positions. 

That being said, I do not put myself in a position to be subject to these techniques.  I do not try and blow people up in the name of God.

So, until you go to SERE school, or get caught doing something bad, you sir FAIL.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2006-12-04 12:07:31)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Don't knock it till you been through it, imagine a 4 week marathon of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club power hour pumped into your head at full blast with no other activity to distract you.  If you aren't insane after that, you probably weren't sane to begin with.
Well i guess he shouldn't have tried to kill us then!
Dont do the crime if you cant do the time, eh?

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2006-12-04 12:07:01)

15 more years! 15 more years!
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6565|Bikini Bottom Germany

usmarine2007 wrote:

That being said, I do not put myself in a position to be subject to these techniques.  I do not try and blow people up in the name of God.
That still doesn't justify torture.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6557|Southeastern USA
hmmm.......you don't want to be tortured, so you don't participate in bomb plots, novel idea!
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6445|Germany

usmarine2007 wrote:

but you want people blown up in the name of so called freedom. What's the difference?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio

mr.hrundi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

but you want people blown up in the name of so called freedom. What's the difference?
I notice how the two of you leave out my whole post when quoting.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6730|Eastern PA

Stingray24 wrote:

Masques wrote:

Link . . .
Please refrain from using the NY times as a source.  They are no longer trustworthy with the bs they've been caught publishing.
http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com … 705ind.pdf
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida

usmarine2007 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I have been thru Escape and Evasion school ( SERE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SERE ) , which I volunteered to go thru.  So I do know a little about sleep deprivation and stress positions. 

So, until you go to SERE school, or get caught doing something bad, you sir FAIL.
Guilty until proven... innocent?  Is that the way your system works?  How do you know they tried to blow people up?  Most likely if they're fucking SUICIDE BOMBERS, they wouldn't have been caught ALIVE.  There are no trials, at least not for the majority of them.  There is no way to distinguish the "good" from the "bad".

Also, what about those who are just plain fighting American forces?  They're not harming civilians, but they are still fighting us as occupiers?  How are we supposed to treat them?

It's been historically proven that physical torture does not produce valid results.  If anything, it results in the prisoner saying BS.  When you have someone that keeps asking you for information, which you may or may NOT know at all, you are going to say whatever you can to get yourself away from torture. 

So............... um?  My opinion will most likely not change if I go through SERE school.  And, I think you can admit as well, SERE school might not be an exact simulation of the interrogation process prisoners go through.

Don't let people who don't know shit about the system of law and order make laws and carry out orders, in my opinion.  The military is abusing their power drastically, and everyone fucking knows it.  It makes us look like shit to the rest of the world, and it servers as yet another reason for to-be sucide bombers to be recruited as terrorists.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-12-04 12:54:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard