usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6388|Columbus, Ohio
"Witnesses said the men prayed in the terminal and made critical comments about the Iraq war, according to the police report, and a US Airways manager said three of the men had only one-way tickets and no checked baggage."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/artic … %2F+Nation

Now, if I were waiting to board my flight, and a few arab dudes started praying, I would NOT get on that flight.
Say what you want, but I would not be going.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6645|Cherry Pie
I would have reported them right away.  I don't mess around with that kind of stuff.  In the world we live in sometimes you have to profile and those guys had WAY too many marks against them.  The anit-American comments, praying before boarding a plane, asking for the larger seatbelts when none of them were fat, being from that Mosk that was known for terrorist sponsoring and not sitting in their assigned seats.  They were up to no good.  That is for sure.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6743|Eastern PA

usmarine2007 wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/11/21/6_imams_removed_from_twin_cities_flight/?rss_id=Boston.com+%2F+News+%2F+Nation

Now, if I were waiting to board my flight, and a few arab dudes started praying, I would NOT get on that flight.
Say what you want, but I would not be going.
I don't blame anyone for being uncomfortable, but there's no reason for this:
They said they were questioned by police and the FBI, detained in a holding cell with loud music and occasionally surrounded by police dogs.
or this:

On Tuesday, US Airways refused to honor the group's tickets or allow them to buy new ones, saying their payment for Monday's flight had been refunded.
Even after being found to be on no threat.
jsnipy
+3,276|6543|...

if(person.Name != "Cat Stevens")
{
    while(isSuspect(person))
    {
       Hold();
       Question();
    }
}

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-04 10:30:03)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6639|InGerLand
Check them out and if they are legitimate then don't worry about it i spose
I think the stuff with the dogs and the loud music was a bit unnecersary, the article says they were praying when they would normally, and they were coming back from a conference thing so the tickets would be one-way.

IF they were randomly praying then i'd be a bit more worried
though i would imagine terrorists try to make an effort not to stick out like a sore thumb

The only suspicious things are the seatbelts and the fact they didn't sit together (though this may be due to crap tickets or that they might be a part of the same religion but that doesn't make them friends)
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6618|Seattle

jsnipy wrote:

{
    while(isSuspect(person))
    {
       Hold();
       Question();
    }
}
message.print "Fuck 'em."
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6466|The Land of Scott Walker

jsnipy wrote:

{
    while(isSuspect(person))
    {
       Hold();
       Question();
    }
}
Huh?  Your computer just take over and post for you? 

Anyway, any airline pilot can deny a seat on his plane to someone he feels will disrupt the flight.  Praying, anti-US remarks, 3 had one way tickets and no baggage . . . helloooooooo?  You can bet the airline would have been sued up the butt if they had let them on and killed a bunch of people.  Those men need to learn some common sense if they don't want to be singled out.  Shut up and get on the plane or don't complain when you're held.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6618|Seattle

"What would you do... If you had to fight... fer freedom"

https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/0d2463a67b.jpg

lol sorry~ had to be done
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6570|Southeastern USA

Masques wrote:

They said they were questioned by police and the FBI, detained in a holding cell with loud music and occasionally surrounded by police dogs.
or this:

On Tuesday, US Airways refused to honor the group's tickets or allow them to buy new ones, saying their payment for Monday's flight had been refunded.
Even after being found to be on no threat.
they can claim to have been treated lots of different ways
"loud" is a very subjective term
dogs are used to sniff drugs (awesome job!! i know how i want to be reincarnated!!) and explosives
US airways has a right to refuse service to anyone they wish
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

jsnipy wrote:

{
    while(isSuspect(person))
    {
       Hold();
       Question();
    }
}
cat stevens changed his legal name to (something) islam, basically he's traipsing through airports as "Mr. Islam" and is surprised when wackiness ensues, genius.

and his music sucks
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6388|Columbus, Ohio

King_County_Downy wrote:

"What would you do... If you had to fight... fer freedom"

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/0d2463a67b.jpg

lol sorry~ had to be done
What would Brian Boitano do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Vk2CWyCXM
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6693
I do recall after 9/11 "To report ANY suspicious activity in the airports.

Then I saw this on the news and there lawyer said "That Americans were not being "Culturally sensitive" to the Muslims.

Well fuck them and there culture.  They have to be complete morons to pull that shit in this day and age.  I know a lot of catholics that pray before flights.  None of them setup a cross and do it in the terminal.

Fuck em.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6388|Columbus, Ohio

Stealth42o wrote:

Then I saw this on the news and there lawyer said "That Americans were not being "Culturally sensitive" to the Muslims.

Well fuck them and there culture.  They have to be complete morons to pull that shit in this day and age.  I know a lot of catholics that pray before flights.  None of them setup a cross and do it in the terminal.

Fuck em.
I thought the Koran says they do not need to pray while traveling or something like that?
Deadman
+34|6463|England
Unfortunately, to many people they are the face of terrorism so you cant blame people for being twitchy in light of past events, It's not racism. It seems they behaved very inappropriately if the comments they made are to be believed.
The pilot did the right thing, obviously. I would not have boarded that plane if my family was with me.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6743|Eastern PA

usmarine2007 wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

Fuck em.
I thought the Koran says they do not need to pray while traveling or something like that?
They can combine prayers to save time, which is probably what they were doing.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6652|USA
I am not sad at all for these people.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6388|Columbus, Ohio

Masques wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

Fuck em.
In the friggin gate area?  Come on man.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
why don't they just start their own airline? Allah's Airways?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6466|The Land of Scott Walker

kr@cker wrote:

why don't they just start their own airline? Allah's Airways?
ROFLMAO 
"You cannot karma the same person in a 24 hour period."
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6551|The lunar module

usmarine2007 wrote:

The war on terror has been won on the day when the sight of moslems praying does not cause a stampede towards the exits.

Last edited by apollo_fi (2006-12-04 11:27:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

apollo_fi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

The war on terror has been won on the day when the sight of moslems praying does not cause a stampede towards the exits.
Some profiling involves common sense, but they were probably just doing that to make a big spectacle of themselves. If they really wanted to wreck the plane, they'd have gone all sneaky-like.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-04 11:34:54)

Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6743|Eastern PA

usmarine2007 wrote:

Masques wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Well...they couldn't have prayed en route to the airport and would have had to check in and check luggage. The gate for most travelers is where they get a chance to actually slow down before boarding the plane and given that airlines recommend arriving at least 2 hours before hand I'm sure they had loads of time before boarding.

Since they were observant (they are Imams after all) they would have had to make all of their prayers (similar to observant Jews and some Christians praying 3 times a day) in the way specified by the religion.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6388|Columbus, Ohio

Masques wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Masques wrote:

Well...they couldn't have prayed en route to the airport and would have had to check in and check luggage. The gate for most travelers is where they get a chance to actually slow down before boarding the plane and given that airlines recommend arriving at least 2 hours before hand I'm sure they had loads of time before boarding.

Since they were observant (they are Imams after all) they would have had to make all of their prayers (similar to observant Jews and some Christians praying 3 times a day) in the way specified by the religion.
They did not have to pray according to their religion, so why do it?
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6743|Eastern PA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Some profiling involves common sense, but they were probably just doing that to make a big spectacle of themselves. If they really wanted to wreck the plane, they'd have gone all sneaky-like.
What about terror suspects like Jose Padilla, John Walker Lindh, or Adam Gadahn? There you have one Hispanic and two white guys and when looking at incidents of terror as a whole in the US you're more likely to be maimed by some far-right Christian white male.

The fact of the matter is, profiling has one major flaw. It's not random, which means (like all pattern of behaviour) it is easy to circumvent. Government profiling Arabs? Recruit caucasians, blacks, hispanics, asians.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6743|Eastern PA

usmarine2007 wrote:

Masques wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

They did not have to pray according to their religion, so why do it?
According to the religion they did have to pray. If they had a large wait before the flight, that's a perfect time to pray. I'm sure they wanted to avoid praying on the plane (for obvious reasons).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard