Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
Ok this has been said many times but I feel like venting. Why is the C4 bug where you switch to the detonator and click it drops another C4. I have waited untill the damn beep/animation is done and it still drops another c4. I must have died 3 times in a round tonight because of this stupid bug. I don't get it.. it's pretty obvious it happends every time you play. DICE better get their QA up to speed. Also this has happend to me a couple of times where you click to fire a weapon and it doesn't shoot .. usually after falling from a decent height .. it's quite funny clicking while standing in front of someone a whole second untill he realised to shoot you because you have a gun jam with no fix besides switching back to another weapon.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6756|Malaga, EspaƱa
that would be just fine for C4 hoppers, fuck no...keep the bug so sometimes they blast themself to the end of the map. C4 is for making a trap or to put on front of ur Car to blast the hell out of tanks and other vehicels or to be set up in a  spot so when people passes they get a nice suprise...but not to fuck around an throw them around like an complete unrealistic retard....i think they they should put an Red - Green light on the detonator...so when its red u cant detonate...only when it turns green after some 2 - 3 seconds u can detonate..

done. Fuckerrrrrr Out
Felonious-Crunk
+0|6752
Yeah, I probably could have gotten my Veteran Explosives Ordinance badge without this bug. If I had a nickel for every time I've killed my self for this bug. . .
Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
I would rather it be predictable instead of something that isn't .. This bug gets you in totally legit situations. Infantry vs Armor it's fair game. Also most C4 whores use keypad macro/scripts .. So this doesn't affect them.

Last edited by Opiate (2005-12-26 16:56:46)

sp00k70
+0|6709
I wish once you dropped your C4 it automatically popped up the detonator. This would help prevent guys from tossing out lots of C4 at once... after a few 'mistakes' you'll learn!
FriiginChomper
+41|6714
im with fixing the damn thing, i had four times where i got 11-12 kills with C4 but i never got 13. why? because throught the course of the game this bug screwed up the C4 so instead of killing the guy i was killed by him or had my self blown up, so i never got it. finaly i got luck and the bug only happened once so i got the basic (i know its pretty sad, but that badge was a B!tch for me) but ive never tried for the vet one... do i get the vet the same way?? tossing out C4's?

Last edited by FriiginChomper (2005-12-26 17:01:15)

RedHot
+9|6742
The bug is easily worked around, it just takes practice. Have you never had someone toss a c4 at your face an blow it up within a split second? The truth is anyone can avooid the bug and handle c4 like a pro, its just all timing, and its how i got my expert explosives. I actually like the bug because it prevents every noob on the map from doing the same thing.
Esker
+1|6739
Regardless, it's a bug and should be fixed.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6758|AZ
LOL, how could it be fixed when the new patch ends all equipment use while airborne from a jump?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn
Guys guys, guys. Haven't any of you realised that the bug isn't as serious as it is? - don't tell anybody but here's the tip. The bug is merely visual! When you switch to the detonator and you, instead, get another pack of C4 in your hand IT IS IN FACT THE DETONATOR!!! Because you believe that it is instead another pack of C4 you try to switch to the detonator a 2nd time.

And wot does it do? It causes you to take out another pack of C4 which is a REAL one! That's why you end up throwing several packs of C4 when all you want to do is detonate the very 1st C4 pack you threw. The solution is to IGNORE the visual bug and just left click when you right click to switch to the detonator.

TRY IT and you'll see (well not "see" cos it is a visual bug. "Realise" is a much better word here) that the FAKE C4 pack in your hand is actually the detonator! Go on! Give it a go and you'll realise that this really isn't as bad a bug as the blue/red friendly/enemy bug. Can someone please now hide this thread cos I don't want to come across legions of C4 noobs on servers now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2005-12-26 21:22:59)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

Opiate wrote:

I would rather it be predictable instead of something that isn't .. This bug gets you in totally legit situations. Infantry vs Armor it's fair game. Also most C4 whores use keypad macro/scripts .. So this doesn't affect them.
And no, C4 whores don't need keypad macro/scripts. My bro and I are quite adept with using C4 and we don't use any of that. Hell, I don't even know wot a keypad macro/script is let alone know how to get one running. As far as I know my mouse is my best companion when I use C4 and I don't need anything else. As for C4 whores...well they already know the "truth" behind the bug which explains why they rarely ever blow themselves up.

If they do blow themselves up it's cos the gains from killing a whole squad and losing their single life is too great an opportunity to be missed. I'm pretty sure anyone reading this would do the same thing if you came across 5-6 guys who are going to kill you in a split second before you have a chance to run for cover. Wot do you do? Blow yourself up along with them? OR Let them kill you and rue the chance/delight of taking down (or up cos that's the direction they'll be heading after the explosion, lol) 5/6 guys and helping your team?

The lamest thing that can happen though is the noob who blows you, JUST YOU, up along with himself. +2 (for him killing you) -2 (for him suiciding) = 0 (ZERO) so why fucking bother????

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2005-12-26 21:24:12)

Kniero
Banned
+1|6758|AZ
That is part of the C4 trick, yes (realization of the visual hindrance), but that's not all there is to being a C4-chucking whore bag. The other component of this compound is timing. Sometimes, if you don't have it down right you'll end up either killing yourself or failing at your attempt to throw C4 (the latter possibly being just as bad as the former).
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

Kniero wrote:

That is part of the C4 trick, yes (realization of the visual hindrance), but that's not all there is to being a C4-chucking whore bag. The other component of this compound is timing. Sometimes, if you don't have it down right you'll end up either killing yourself or failing at your attempt to throw C4 (the latter possibly being just as bad as the former).
Well the answer to that my friend is practice. Keep on trying and you'll get the hang of it. Accidents are bound to happen so don't blame yourself. Try throwing a pack of C4 at the height of your jump (while using the UAV to tell you wot's on the other side of a fence/wall) and you'll be claiming lives in no time at all. AWARENESS of your surroundings - be it as a spec ops or any other class - IS CRUCIAL to being a better player than the gamer next to you.

Try to take cover from the blast by running/hopping/diving (i.e. jumping and proning cos it will help you cover more ground in a split second AND IS legal cos that's wot happens when you press Jump followed by Prone as you travel in your desired direction - moaners and whiners will call it dolphin diving but then that's cos they're either too retarded to figure out such a COMPLEX action of pressing just 2 buttons OR they've got sausages for fingers) round a fence/barrier/wall, etc as quickly as you can.

Listening out for the voices of the enemies as they hand out bags of health and ammo, chit chat amongst themselves about how the good (or bad) weather is on Karkand, are good indicators of their presence too. I use headphones (Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones - well worth the investment and got them initially for use with my Minidisc which is now gathering dust somewhere) and not speakers cos the distortion of the in-game sound is much less likely with headphones.

Oh and always expect some tk's in busy servers/maps. Happens all the time and not just as a result of an accidental C4 blast. Tk's happen all the time. Firefights, idiots who can't take out a noob nade launcher leaving you with no choice but to blow both your dumb team mate and the enemy away cos if you don't you're the one who's gonna be taking a long and boring walking from the nearest friendly spawn point when you can instead be taking out 4 more guys before you kick the bucket, tank/apc drivers reversing and not using their rear view mirror, jeeps "brushing" you and causing instant death, a grenade bouncing off a wall awkwardly, the list goes on SO at the end of the day accidental tk's are part of the game.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2005-12-26 20:06:54)

aib73412
+0|6742|im from idaho but liven in MD
Im sure its practice but there is definitly a bug. i have seen this many times. i have tested it out soon as i lay a c-4 package down i will switch to the detonator and it will come up the quicky back to the c-4 package so i what i have done to over come this is hit the button twice yes there would be two down but i have over come it because most of the time you need to c-4 to blow up heavy machinary so it actually works in favor if you do it right .
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

RedHot wrote:

The bug is easily worked around, it just takes practice. Have you never had someone toss a c4 at your face an blow it up within a split second? The truth is anyone can avooid the bug and handle c4 like a pro, its just all timing, and its how i got my expert explosives. I actually like the bug because it prevents every noob on the map from doing the same thing.
Redhot knows the "truth" behind the bug and has a point when it comes to there being less C4 noobs around as a result of the bug. Thank god for that!
Esker
+1|6739

Kniero wrote:

LOL, how could it be fixed when the new patch ends all equipment use while airborne from a jump?
Whoever said you had to be airbourne to replicate this bug? It happens to me a lot, more so when I'm not airbourne and I quickly realised it's just a mere graphical glitch.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6758|AZ
Never had it happen to me when I was sticking C4, only throwing it. O_o;
Esker
+1|6739
Hmmm, anyone else get this when they're not jumping in the air?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

Esker wrote:

Hmmm, anyone else get this when they're not jumping in the air?
Don't know, doesn't matter, don't care. As long as you can detonate the damn thing then everything's going well. If not then maybe it's time you used your BF2 disc as a beer mat and considered playing Doom3? lol
Esker
+1|6739
Are you not allowed to be curious round here then?
FriiginChomper
+41|6714
***WHAT A MACRO IS!!!***

I dont know what a Macro has to do with battlefield 2 but i know what a Macro is. a Macro is a program designed to save all mouse motion and clicks, and everything the keyboard types. even passwords, so its both bad and good. buisness use it if they need to do the same concetuive thing over and over again. and hackers can install it on your comp and find out your password. and i know people can do it because its happened to me. so that is what a Macro is. but i dont know how it helps with C4 throwing.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

FriiginChomper wrote:

***WHAT A MACRO IS!!!***

I dont know what a Macro has to do with battlefield 2 but i know what a Macro is. a Macro is a program designed to save all mouse motion and clicks, and everything the keyboard types. even passwords, so its both bad and good. buisness use it if they need to do the same concetuive thing over and over again. and hackers can install it on your comp and find out your password. and i know people can do it because its happened to me. so that is what a Macro is. but i dont know how it helps with C4 throwing.
You link a set of motions to one button,like switching to grenade,throwing it and switching back to rifle,all with just one button....
A C4-macro could place C4 and automatically switch to the detonator..kinda useless if you practice how to use C4 properly...
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

Esker wrote:

If you're from the UK just like me then it is a bit late (5am or so) to be curious, lol
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6721|th3 unkn0wn

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

FriiginChomper wrote:

***WHAT A MACRO IS!!!***

You link a set of motions to one button,like switching to grenade,throwing it and switching back to rifle,all with just one button....
A C4-macro could place C4 and automatically switch to the detonator..kinda useless if you practice how to use C4 properly...
There is satisfaction to be gained from doing things the normal (and sometimes hard way depending on wot it is). If anybody needs a macro to do something that I consider simple then they are probably inadequate.
Esker
+1|6739

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Esker wrote:

If you're from the UK just like me then it is a bit late (5am or so) to be curious, lol
I work nights what's your excuse?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard