Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6495
I know it's a mod, and CAL and TWL require you to play it. But what gameplay aspects does it change in BF2? Why do all the leagues require you to play it? Other than the TWL ladders, where are you supposed to go if you want to play some regular old competitve BF2?

Last edited by Greenspan (2006-12-03 02:15:57)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6598|Your attic
I've got the changelog somewhere, gimme a sec and I'll find it for you. Done.
http://www.gotfrag.com/bf/story/34124/

The main changes are for the assault rifles, they were made a little more accurate and less random. It was created by a guy who played for 20ID, the idea is to make the game more suited to competition and to make the weapons slightly more CSish.

Oh just got the second question, if you don't mind a little lag (as I'm guessing you're American) get rid of all your filters and search for "WAIB" (without the quotes). There are one or two servers the most populated being WAIB by DKE, if you can come out with a 2/3:1 KD in there you are doing very well.

As for American servers the only I know about is the spun and swifty but that's running pro as well...

Last edited by Towelly (2006-12-03 02:23:08)

l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6680|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
I am
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6831|St. Louis, MO
So let me get this straight, they call it PRO and it's easier?

Interesting .
VicktorVauhn
+319|6400|Southern California
I dont know anything about BF pro....
But saying that making the weapons more accurate makes it easier is stupid....Very stupid...

You can be compeating by stacking quaters, slapping your self in the face the most times in a minute ect...it doesn't matter.

It doesn't only change the weapons for one side, For it to be easier on one team it would have to be harder on the other...

Upping stuff like accuracy means the people shooting at you have it better too, "Easy" or "Hard" is relative, its what your up against that defines it.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6831|St. Louis, MO
Umm... sure whatever ya say guy.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6495

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Interesting .
Exactly my thoughts. Sounds a lot more like some people suck at vanilla so they make a mod to make themselves better. We'll have to see.

Thanks for the info Towelly. Exactly what I was looking for.l
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6718|Kangarooland
removing the randomness of the assault rifles is only going to make it harder...its not going to make you a better player or let u get those 'kills' that you should have got.  Im sure there would be a fukload of highly skilled one shotters in those servers.

question of interest:  these servers u speak of towelly, are they punkbustered or any sort of anti hacking counter measures in place that you know of?
A3G15
+27|6573
All of the match servers are pb streamed servers.  Its required by the leagues we play in.   

To what the mod actually changes...  it not only changes the weapons to a degree, max ammo/ROF etc, it also rewards people with better aim with more kills instead of the random bf2 crap, as I am sure all of you have at one time or another unloaded a full clip into some guy's back, only to have him turn around and shoot you in the face.  Also, it has added auxillary spawn points on most flags to alleviate the spawn camping, as well as addtional vehicles like an AA on daquing 16.  Another notable change is that max TV count was reduced to 4 to prevent chopper dominance/camping.
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6559
ya i got banned from spuns lol had teh worst nade ive ever had in that server figures I tossed it and it caught random wire and it bounced back and tked 4 people INSTA BAN
it sucked i appealed and and rightly so i didnt get unbanned
Scorpian65
+14|6746

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Interesting .
Yeah very interesting.

Its the same kind of MOD that TWL required for MOH-Spearhead, complete and utter noobism. It allows anyone who can camp a corner and push their fire button to become an instant killing machine. There is little to no skill involved with this type of mod and it punishes the players who can actually aim by giving the spray-n-pray noob's a false accuracy rating.
ramsie1
+2|6542|London UK
Wow the AK101 must own on that MOD, high damage, full auto with better accuracy and recoil?
bad_mongoloid
+3|6782|New York City
What kind of morons change the rules in an attempt to pass their leagues off as "professional"?!?  That's why nobody will take online gaming leagues seriously if every league has to have their own lame ass tweaks and rules.  Seriously, WTF...do they only play with 9 pins in the professional bowling leagues?  Or maybe it's too hard to dunk so we'll lower the basketball rim to 8 feet?
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6495

bad_mongoloid wrote:

Or maybe it's too hard to dunk so we'll lower the basketball rim to 8 feet?
Exactly
Audio
+130|6540|Orlando, FL

bad_mongoloid wrote:

What kind of morons change the rules in an attempt to pass their leagues off as "professional"?!?  That's why nobody will take online gaming leagues seriously if every league has to have their own lame ass tweaks and rules.  Seriously, WTF...do they only play with 9 pins in the professional bowling leagues?  Or maybe it's too hard to dunk so we'll lower the basketball rim to 8 feet?
Aw, thats cute.  A pubnub who knows nothing.
bad_mongoloid
+3|6782|New York City

Audio wrote:

bad_mongoloid wrote:

Aw...a PROFESSIONAL VIDEO GAMER telling me off!  How's that treating you?  I'm jealous of the groupies you have.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6593|Seattle
Okay, once more. Improving accuracy on the weapons does not make it easier because as much as it might help you improve, everybody else is benefiting equally.

"they change the game because they suck and need help" if u were at all familiar with this game u would know that 20ID is one of the best clans. its kind of ridiculous to talk about them as if their players couldnt own in any game mode.

With weapon accuracy boosted, players that win firefights win because they shot first and aimed correctly. With regular weapon accuracy, it is more frequent that firefights are lost simply because one person suffered bad hitreg at a critical moment.

but with that said...

i dont see why assault rifles need the accuracy boost. if u look at KD ratios in vanilla, ARs are obviously some of the most powerful and reliable weapons.

and does anybody else think the modification of the SMGs is unecessary in pro? I just dont see why its important for them to have especially low fire rates when they arent that powerful or accurate. It sort of nerfs the AT kit. But then maybe they thought that the missile is a good enough weapon and that a decent SMG is unfair.

while i agree with the purpose behind bf2 pros alterations, i dont really know if, in practice, the mod is much of an improvement.
Audio
+130|6540|Orlando, FL

bad_mongoloid wrote:

Audio wrote:

bad_mongoloid wrote:

Aw...a PROFESSIONAL VIDEO GAMER telling me off!  How's that treating you?  I'm jealous of the groupies you have.
Professional video gamer huh?  Adorable.

Last edited by Audio (2006-12-04 10:22:58)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6557|EUtopia | Austria
Well, an uber-pro-version would then probably be something with 100% accuracy of each and every weapon, no recoil, no full auto fire, one headshot kills, two body-shots kill. THIS would then figure out who's the skilled, and who not.
I would suck at it, probably.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661

Marinejuana wrote:

i dont see why assault rifles need the accuracy boost. if u look at KD ratios in vanilla, ARs are obviously some of the most powerful and reliable weapons.

and does anybody else think the modification of the SMGs is unecessary in pro? I just dont see why its important for them to have especially low fire rates when they arent that powerful or accurate. It sort of nerfs the AT kit. But then maybe they thought that the missile is a good enough weapon and that a decent SMG is unfair.

while i agree with the purpose behind bf2 pros alterations, i dont really know if, in practice, the mod is much of an improvement.
The rifles are innacurate as shit flung from a stick. I'd love BF2pro to be the standard in europe too, but it's too late to try. The M16 is so much better in BF2pro. It replaces luck with skill.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-12-04 10:26:49)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
TWL doesnt require it unless its been forced in the last couple days. Ive played TWL Euro 5v5 for a year and there has been no such rule.
GetOuttaMyChopper1
+7|6552
Hey bad_mongoloid,   insted of assuming that the PRO mod turns noobs into killing machines;  why don't you download it and try it out?  I mean,  if you are telling us that you are no noob kyle,  then with an even playing field,  you should still be able to kill them pretty good huh?  Be sure to let us know what your KDR is after playing PRO some.     I haven't downloaded it yet, but I plan to very soon.  Ya know, since its only filled with noobs who couldn't play BF2;  I should do great right?
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6737|Louisiana

Scorpian65 wrote:

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Interesting .
Yeah very interesting.

Its the same kind of MOD that TWL required for MOH-Spearhead, complete and utter noobism. It allows anyone who can camp a corner and push their fire button to become an instant killing machine. There is little to no skill involved with this type of mod and it punishes the players who can actually aim by giving the spray-n-pray noob's a false accuracy rating.
No. BF2Pro rewards good players by making the bullets actually hit where the crosshair is placed, instead of everywhere around it, like in vanilla BF2. The biggest problem with accuracy in BF2 is that the developers use random deviation instead of gun recoil to compensate for the fact that aiming with a mouse is easier than aiming with an actual gun. And the random part of random deviation is what's bad - anytime a game relies on random calculations to determine how a player's input affects his or her environment, any skill that player has may be negated by the inherently unreliable nature of the game's calculations.
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6579
pro are ppl who play on rankend server because this is  where is at
but but i play in CaL matches so i must be Elite playa
Darkmaster
+34|6462|Dallas, Texas
this thing is so dumb... just play the game for christ sakes!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard