mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Good God I just had the game of a lifetime playing as engineer on Armored Fury. Our team was doing terrible, we were the MEC and we could never hold more than 3 CPs at a time, let alone our own home base. Some how I managed to pull the best game I've had as an engineer.here is a screenshot. While this may seem like a low score, keep in mind that I was not armor whoring at all! I can't believe I did so well for hardly using any armor. I did get a lot of lucky kills in transport (gunning down choppers), but what I enjoyed most about this match was that FINALLY my AT mines were getting put to use! I would rack up a couple kills and a flag defend easily by just putting a mine or two down by the barn. Amazingly they would never check for mines. Plus, (I don't know if you guys think this is cheap) I was being a little tricky and every time I spawned at the barndoor, I'd make a quick run down to the USMC's Non Cap and lay a mine under every tank. I thought the trick would only work once, but these guys could not learn from their mistakes. I don't know how many kills in that round I got with my AT mines, but it had to be at least 15 or 20 of my 39 kills. It was miraculous. I don't think I'll ever have such a great game with AT mines ever again.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2006-11-30 23:18:52)

Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6478|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Nice Job!  I have had some great games on armored fury as well.  Nothing like 4 Abrams's advancing under fire in formation...
OpsChief
+101|6676|Southern California
gj - Engy kit is the best.

Even in non-armor maps like Karkand dropping mines in the streets then running and gunning with the Jackhammer and grenades is good fun. The best part is seeing a mine kill x4 show up after a fully loaded enemy HUMVEE drives by or dropping mines on the enemy tanks when they get under some catwalk or raised wall lol

Maybe it's time to buy AF....
XISIX
+116|6615
Congrats !

Said from someone with most kit hours as engy -
mines are prolly best part for moi.

Nothing like boobytraps + stopping armor's advance.

Been working up last 2 kits for Expert badges so have not played Engineer in long while.
For old times sake - played little on Wake last evening.

Tank was turning flag neutral - couple of mines down.
Grenade to let know I was there.  He rolls forward a bit. Bam.
3 guys in DPV come racing in to get me.  Bam.
Beeyotiful.

To keep on track : Engy / AntiTank / Spec Ops are most effective on AF.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
No wonder Engy is the best kit.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

mtb0minime wrote:

I was being a little tricky and every time I spawned at the barndoor, I'd make a quick run down to the USMC's Non Cap and lay a mine under every tank.
Perfectly legit tactic. I use it all the time (not on uncaps, but so what?) on maps like FuShe. Storm into the base just the other side of the PLA Dam, leave an AT mine under the 2 APC's, AA and Tank and sit there capping in your APC. Some clever dicks will spawn there to try and defend, get in the tank *boom*
I did that all the time before I found SF.

Just be careful since sometimes the mines would blow up, leaving the vehicle intact but killing you (also applies if you lay a mine and a vehicle spawns on it).
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I think just being able to get 100+ points in one round on Operation Road Rage on any kit is amazing enough. I've only done it once and I just cracked it.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6635|South Jersey
There are still Armored Fury servers?  I got to play a little more Armored Fury.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere
DANGIT. I just uninstalled Bf2 and SF. I was going to install AF but I thought, what the heck there won't be any servers. Well, I guess not. Oh well, I'm just playin 2142 now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard