Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

MrEzeuss wrote:

ok, ok, I'll go for it. I've tried to search bunny hopping and dolphin diving, but almost all of the things are rants against either of them, but no explanation.

What is it exactly. Am i right if bunny hopping is jumping and moving and dolphin diving is going prone/stand up executed shortly after each-other and a few times in row.

If i am correct, why is it people hate this method exactly?! Do they want every one to stand still or move in a straight line when they are shooting them?
Because avoiding being shot at, is the purpose of the game isn't it?
You are correct in your definitions.  I personally hate bunnyhopping because it looks stupid and not even close to the tactics of a soldier.  I crouch, let them get close enough, and kill them.  In 2142 they can't shoot while they jump, so timing my bullets for when they're in the air leaves them defenseless.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6717|MoVal, Southern California
Bunnyhopping is lame.

If someone really thinks hopping around with his or her back turned is going to magically eliminate the chances of getting shot, then he or she is pretty damn lame.

VOSS > BUNNHOPPERS
Stags
+26|6657
Greatest thing to do about bunny hopppers is kill them then type.  "Bunny bunny bunny Bang"

Or say, "You wanted me to shoot you that's why you decided to jump around in the middle of the street."

I find it easier to shoot them sometimes.  Expessially as support.  They'll jump like crazy.

A good tactic if you meet someone straf.  Doesn't involve damaging you space bar, just holding down A or D.

Bunny Hopping... Go for it.  I don't care, easy kills are always welcome.
Linus
+53|6654
If you cant hit a guy because he is jumping, then you need to stop playing first person shooters.

Id like to meet the retard who came up with the term 'bunny hopper'..  Hes probably some 12 year
old pimple faced mommas boy who cries everytime he gets killed, for whatever reason.

I have a small collection of jpegs of admins 'hopping' whos rules clearly state against it.
They're all the same, Do as I say, Not as I do. All one has to do, is find a anti bunny hop
admin, go into the server, hop in a tank, and hunt down the admin.  Then sit back and watch
him hop like its nobody's business to avoid your fire.

What kind of community cries, moans about jumping?  EA even made a entire patch just for
you cry babies in BF2.  But yet, now, even after you cant shoot while jumping, they still cry about it.
Its friggin hilarious. Its down right laughable to hear you whiners and cry babies... Whaaa Whaa..
No Bunnyhopping! Whaaa!!   I say... BUNNY HOP ALL YOU WANT. ITS EASIER TO KILL YOU ANYWAYS.
You cant shoot back at me when youre jumping, so hop hop hop!

Whats the big deal anyways...  'Whaaaa...its unrealistic!! Whaa!!'  you say..

Well, when is the last time you seen a medic bring a dead guy back to life on the battlefield. Then
the 'DEAD GUY' gets up and runs at %100.  Is that realistic ?? Where are your threads about that ??

There are so many unbalanced issues in BF2/2142 that its down right pathetic.  Some of the maps
are so unbalanced, the attacker never even gets to the first base, But yet, we got to listen to you
BAD AIM retards cry because someone JUMPED.

Get real morons.

Whining about someone jumping in a fps war game... hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I recommend to all you crybabies, NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER attempt to play Unreal Tournament,
That game requires 10x the skill/speed/accuracy that Bf2/2142 does. You'll be crying to mommy or
weeks.
Zukabazuka
+23|6686

Invaderzim wrote:

All you need is a trusty nade launcher and i can hit these fags from about 150 meters, thats what skill is.
All you need to do is read what section it is in and now you look like a fool, because this topic was in BF2142 and there are no friking grenade launchers in BF2142
gameaddict
+35|6681|let op drempels

Linus wrote:

If you cant hit a guy because he is jumping, then you need to stop playing first person shooters.

Id like to meet the retard who came up with the term 'bunny hopper'..  Hes probably some 12 year
old pimple faced mommas boy who cries everytime he gets killed, for whatever reason.

I have a small collection of jpegs of admins 'hopping' whos rules clearly state against it.
They're all the same, Do as I say, Not as I do. All one has to do, is find a anti bunny hop
admin, go into the server, hop in a tank, and hunt down the admin.  Then sit back and watch
him hop like its nobody's business to avoid your fire.

What kind of community cries, moans about jumping?  EA even made a entire patch just for
you cry babies in BF2.  But yet, now, even after you cant shoot while jumping, they still cry about it.
Its friggin hilarious. Its down right laughable to hear you whiners and cry babies... Whaaa Whaa..
No Bunnyhopping! Whaaa!!   I say... BUNNY HOP ALL YOU WANT. ITS EASIER TO KILL YOU ANYWAYS.
You cant shoot back at me when youre jumping, so hop hop hop!

Whats the big deal anyways...  'Whaaaa...its unrealistic!! Whaa!!'  you say..

Well, when is the last time you seen a medic bring a dead guy back to life on the battlefield. Then
the 'DEAD GUY' gets up and runs at %100.  Is that realistic ?? Where are your threads about that ??

There are so many unbalanced issues in BF2/2142 that its down right pathetic.  Some of the maps
are so unbalanced, the attacker never even gets to the first base, But yet, we got to listen to you
BAD AIM retards cry because someone JUMPED.

Get real morons.

Whining about someone jumping in a fps war game... hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I recommend to all you crybabies, NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER attempt to play Unreal Tournament,
That game requires 10x the skill/speed/accuracy that Bf2/2142 does. You'll be crying to mommy or
weeks.
+1
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6584|England
Unlock Clark. Problem Solved.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

EA should have made bunny hopping a unlockable skill.

Let's say they code it so that no one can bunny hop without it, if some noob unlocks it and doesn't know how to use it they will be given instructions. That would be so cool.

Yeah, I would certainly love it.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
Bunny hoppers are easy kills...since they can't fire their weapon while hopping around like rabbits.  It makes hitting them in the face hard, but everything else, well, it's easy if you know how to aim and NOT panic and spray wildly...because that is exactly what they want you to do, waste your ammo and then go 'lol yure fukked' as they finish reloading their gun (#1 reason why they do it) and kill you back.  When some fag starts bouncing around like a demented Bugs Bunny, I time my shots and put a couple bursts into him...and kill him dead, simple as that.  Easy.

Of course, I remember when BF2 first came out...ground-humping dolphins everywhere, and even worse, they could fire while in mid-air; be glad that shit isn't happening anymore.
FlameOn
+7|6533

_The.Don_05 wrote:

Unlock Clark. Problem Solved.
never thought of that...been killed a few times by the damn thing, close and medium range, and it would work wonders on a mid air moron...nice.
FlameOn
+7|6533
ok, so i knew there would be many opinions, both for and against, some valid, others not...there was never any mention of it going against  the "realism" of war, duh, its a game, no kidding its not real superstar.

the one thing that does give an advantage to someone hopped up on femented carrot juice is the fact that you can reload while hopping, that sucks.

there are rabbit lovers out there, we all know it, and thats just fine, you don't have to worry that EA/Dice is going to "nerf" jumping.  i'm pretty sure they have better things to do than listen to us all bitch and moan about something as petty as some idiot jumping, besides i can't really see how they could nerf it...cut your legs off at the knee?  MEDIC!!

nah, it's all good fanboi's and gurl's, the game will likely stay the same for some time to come, hopefully there will be a fix for the titan lag soon or more aircraft or maps or cookies or any number of things that will help improve the game.

and as far as me ever playing Unreal anything, never gonna happen...tried it, didnt like it and it had nothing to do with the hoppers, just not my bag of tricks...

my post was a rant, and thats that...over and out...

Last edited by FlameOn (2006-12-01 14:31:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard