Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
Has anyone noticed that now whenever you are a pilot or a gunner and you go around getting yourself a good score and k/d ratio (i just finished a round with 30-4) and i wasn't anywhere near top 5 people (who surprisingly were sitting on the titans defending) i think its a bunch of crap that you get far less of a score for something thats harder to do. Meh w/e i'll keep doing it cause its fun
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6774|EUR
lol gunner seat in gunship hard.
Entertayner
+826|6569

Gunner seat > pilot seat... I'm strugglin to get 20 kills IAR
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6414|Norway | Unkown
I'll stick to the ground..

APC

edit: there: 76 kills 0 deaths   APC whoring

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2006-11-30 16:42:46)

Rubix-Cubes
+123|6654|UK
its a pisser aint it, especially when ya got sumone like me with a saaw lol
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6508|Minnesota eh
Pilot seat> gunner seat

Easy to get 40 kills Iar in pilot, hard to get 15 in gunner for me.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6661|under there hayousaidunderwear
Me n stalker can usually do pretty good in the gunship.  We whore it until the shield goes down, then go get our points on the titan.
T0rr3nt
+54|6576|Michigan

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

APC

you call that whoring?

Ranked      Name         kills     deaths   roadkills
68           T0Rr3Nt       2747      236         24
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6714|MoVal, Southern California
I'm hardly in the gunships. I have had some satisfying kills in them, though.... shot a full load of guys from a transport with the tv missle, instantly getting the combat efficiency pin. Then on Sidi power plant, i parked the gunship on a roof near a silo, and shot all the dudes who had capped it. Other than that, i'm mostly on the ground fighting.
Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
lol now that i read my post again i sound like i'm ranting...which i kind of am. But it is sorta gay that the points and ranks and unlocks go to the people sitting in one spot doing the same thing. Meh their game they can do what they want i suppose i best stfu and stop complaining !!!!!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

Meh - those choppers are so easy to fly, it's ridiculous. In BF2, you actually had to learn to fly them - not so in 2142. I mean, c'mon, do you really think it's harder to kill people from the gunners seat, than killing face to face?
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Konfusion0 wrote:

Meh - those choppers are so easy to fly, it's ridiculous. In BF2, you actually had to learn to fly them - not so in 2142. I mean, c'mon, do you really think it's harder to kill people from the gunners seat, than killing face to face?
QFT, the TV missles suck ass.  The gunships have no maneuverability whatsoever.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6747|Mark it zero.

T0rr3nt wrote:

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

APC

you call that whoring?

Ranked      Name         kills     deaths   roadkills
68           T0Rr3Nt       2747      236         24
he was talking about one round... not total.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

haffeysucks wrote:

Konfusion0 wrote:

TV missles are faster, and thus harder to control, I think it makes sense. Furthermore, you can rise almost as you would in a jet with the gunships. They are relatively easy to maneuver, and the only thing you really have to get used to is slowing down. Oh, and also, no more solo piloting unless you're up really high, because the thing stops immediately. I think there has been a change for the best.
Contract_Killa
+70|6367|Australia, A.C.T

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

My advice.

Go on titan mode.

When the map gets to Shuhia Talibia cap the middle silo.

Let them land on the big building and put beacons down.

Then go rape em.

Thats what me and gene pool did yesterday and he got 20 kills.
Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
i HATE how you get so many stupid people in your gunner spot and they just can't shoot...its horrible! I mean they have a machine gun and i'm perfectly lined up for them and somehow they go chaingun the tank that no ones sitting in. Theres a GREAT idea!
Jello.01
+46|6607|DFW, Texas

Konfusion0 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Konfusion0 wrote:

TV missles are faster, and thus harder to control, I think it makes sense. Furthermore, you can rise almost as you would in a jet with the gunships. They are relatively easy to maneuver, and the only thing you really have to get used to is slowing down. Oh, and also, no more solo piloting unless you're up really high, because the thing stops immediately. I think there has been a change for the best.
I haven't gotten 2142 yet, but in the demo  I tried to barrel roll, and half-way through it shot me towards the ground, I was like "OMFG, WTF IS HAPPENING!!!!!!" BF2>2142

I recently got AF working and I love the Littlebird it's totally 31337. lol. I whore the choppers, that's why I haven't gotten 2142 yet, those choppers are too wierd, and I heard 2142 is too easy anyway,
Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
the choppers in 2142 are really easy to control and kill things with (well at least i think so and my best vehical in bf2 was the chopper) but really if your looking for a challenge in the air...this isn't your game
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.

Contract_Killa wrote:

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

My advice.

Go on titan mode.

When the map gets to Shuhia Talibia cap the middle silo.

Let them land on the big building and put beacons down.

Then go rape em.

Thats what me and gene pool did yesterday and he got 20 kills.
And thats just in that one place.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6672|Houston, Texas
I do not understand why the gunner has such a strict ability to not be able to move the gun upwards. I've had countless pilots line me up to what appears to be a logical position where I could shoot at least bullets at another helo, and nope he's a whole 2 feet higher then us, gun cant go that high. It's not that bad on the transports, which is what I dont understand.
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

On transports the guns are on the side and on gunships the guns are underneeth the cockpit, thats why you cant fire straight or above you.

Edit: If you mean "Its the future shouldnt the guns be on the side so we can shoot upwards", than I dont know. Gameplay maybe.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-12-01 06:04:22)

CackNBallz
+45|6741|Toronto, Canada

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

I do not understand why the gunner has such a strict ability to not be able to move the gun upwards. I've had countless pilots line me up to what appears to be a logical position where I could shoot at least bullets at another helo, and nope he's a whole 2 feet higher then us, gun cant go that high. It's not that bad on the transports, which is what I dont understand.
And the thing with the transport's guns is that it causes more damage per bullet to the gunship than the gunship does to the transport!

I am starting to get used to the TV missiles on the gunship.  I have done some crazy kills with it, by making 90 degree turns into tanks that were behind buildings.  It's fucking awesome.  Too bad it doesn't seem to cause more damage if you hit a tank in the side or back. BOO!
JohnLeavitt
+16|6442
Yea i know what you mean... i think chopper kills should count as 5 points each, they are harder to get and almost anything can kill a chopper...

BTW they have to fix the problem with the AA EMP, either take the EMP rockets off the walkers and only let them have the AA machine gun, or make the EMP rockets have a limited range... because until they fix that the walkers will continue to make the gunship hell to use, heck i am always getting EMPed from the other side of the map...

btw Suchia Tabita (or w/e it is called) is the best Gunship map... lots of armour, and only acouple walkers...

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

APC

you must have been on Berlin lol...
JohnLeavitt
+16|6442
the TV is cool once you learn it and your pilot lines up shots... i killed an enemy gunship with it, i was like WTF??? i actualy hit it!!! WOOT.... lol
Zukabazuka
+23|6684
Those TV missiles only do about 75% damage to tanks what I know and damn they are shaking at the end.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard