ArkAng37
+1|6851|San Antonio, TX
Im catholic!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Dr0pped
+8|6760|Ontario, Canada

*TS*tphai wrote:

Proud Christian
I'm in!

Merry Christmas to all who are, and Happy holidays to those who aren't!
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6765|Campbeltown, Scotland
I'm a Christian
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6757|the middle of nowhere
I am.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6708
I'm not, though I respect that other people can believe in anything they want.
Buddhists.
Muslims
Taoists.
Hindus.
Sikhs.
Whatever.

But.........

The teaching of "God made the human body perfect"
This was taught and still is taught to Christians woldwide, though this idea DID NOT come form Chrisiananity.
It came from a Roman doctor called Galen who wrote that "the GODS made the human body in their image and made it perfect"
This along with other passages that have been taken and edited the "S" from all the Gods.
During the Middle Ages there was absouloutly NO advances in medicine, because the Church controlled all knowledge, and were scared to educate people.
If they had shared this knowledge like "Christians" then we would have cured cancer by now.

God rest Bill Hick's soul.
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6760

BigmacK192 wrote:

Devout Roman Catholic.
Just wondering, did you go to Midnight Mass tonight?
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6852
me be a Bapitist Christian, sometimes Greek Othodox and on occasion buddist (well I think the last religon is pretty cool)

Now an approprate family guy quote: "Your all sinners, you'll all burn in hell!"

Catholics...pfft! God reservered a special part in heaven for you people, basically it's a empty medow with a high brick wall, which on the otherside Christians and other God related religons walk the heavely cities. Too bad you Catholics don't know about it!

Ah nothing like a bit of flame bait on Christmas!

Last edited by Whitegreek (2005-12-25 02:09:26)

ArkAng37
+1|6851|San Antonio, TX
I belive that if someone wants to be a diff religion thats there right. But dont drag some bullshit about thiere religion. Its gay.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6847|Scotland!
I'm an Agnostic Aethiest.
tj-dublin83
+0|6720|Dublin, Ireland

WhiteStain wrote:

Hell no I don't believe any thing the damn bible says. It's all lies, conspiracies and bullshit.
Organized religion sucks. The only thing you need to believe in is yourself, and not rely on some shit a bunch of ass clowns made up.
Now here's a guy who knows whats, going on. Damn Straight
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Whatever you are, you're going to offend somebody. I believe in quantum physics and a superpositioning Santa Claus. Aside from that, this thread is ridiculous, and needs pr0n music to play along with half of the user banners here.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-12-25 16:54:19)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6769|d
i belong to the the religon of gays. i believe in wordship of gay woman, but will kill the devil (gay men) on sight.
please join wth me to praise the gay ladyies out there, then we get to feast on them.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6769|d
o and i ant.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6812|The planet Tophet
forgot im a BAPTIST CHRISTAN oh and you cant have Christmas with out christ it would only be mas
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6740|In a van down by the river
I personally am not a Christian.  I'm not angry at people who believe in Jesus.  I think God would rather have us enjoy ourselves than be confined by a set rules of limitations regarding moral behavior (as long as law laid down by people allows for it).

Freezer wrote:

Believe what you want we all aren't getting into heaven anyway from what I was told by my Witness co worker, supposedly its reserved for 144,000 people or 12,000 from the 12 tribes.  The rest of us are SOL.
Jehova's Witnesses believe only 144,000 go to heaven.  Isn't there like 5,000,000 of them? I guess that means like 4 1/2 million of em are out of luck.

*TS*tphai wrote:

forgot im a BAPTIST CHRISTAN oh and you cant have Christmas with out christ it would only be mas
I don't call it Christmas.  I call it Giftmas...

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2005-12-25 18:20:05)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Putting it very nicely, I agree in Christian ideals. I will not murder anyone, I will "Love my enemy", (i.e: before I shoot him I'll remember to give him a hug in BF2,) and most christian 'rule' are basic, and do lead to a good life.

However, I do not believe in Jesus or God. I like the way that the idea of them has helped many people who had 'lost their way,' but don't like the fact that they influenced by psycho-freaky christian aunt to send me a book from a christian bookshop for christmas, without a fucking exchange card! I suppose it's the thought that counts, but hell, just give me ten bucks or something next time. Or just one buck. Hell it'll be more used to me than a crappy christian book that exists for the sole purpose of warping peoples minds and sending them down the cold dark road that leads to the kind of christianity that my aunt is involved in.

It this crappy sect where you pay 10% of your household income to the church, give wildly huge donations to the church collection plate, you are restricted to wear only a certain kind of cloathes, ou have to do your hair in a particular way, someone yells at you every week from behind an altar telling you you're going to go to hell while you stand up with your hands in the air shouting 'hail Jesus,' and then proceed to give this fucking imposter another 100 bucks for his troubles. That kind of christianity I hate, and I will never read that fucking book my Aunt gave me, (maybe just once for a larf.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

During the Middle Ages there was absouloutly NO advances in medicine, because the Church controlled all knowledge, and were scared to educate people.
If they had shared this knowledge like "Christians" then we would have cured cancer by now.
Obviously the serious study of human dissection in the 13th century does not constitute a very significant advancement in the field of medicine. Read history, not Hollywood.

Tyferra wrote:

...don't like the fact that they influenced by psycho-freaky christian aunt to send me a book from a christian bookshop for christmas, without a fucking exchange card! I suppose it's the thought that counts, but hell, just give me ten bucks or something next time. Or just one buck.
If the book didn't cost you anything and you haven't wasted your time reading it, then I don't think you're really justified in complaining about it. Just drop it off at a bargain store or a pawn shop if you don't want it, instead of going "Waaaaa! I wanted a Teddy Ruxpin for Christmas!"

Most religions, in raw format, simply boil down to living a good life, being a good person and perhaps passing a system of morals on to the next generation. If anybody doesn't like these ideals, well...that's their prerogative.

Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-12-25 18:51:49)

-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6760

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Obviously the serious study of human dissection in the 13th century does not constitute a very significant advancement in the field of medicine. Read history, not Hollywood.

Tyferra wrote:

...don't like the fact that they influenced by psycho-freaky christian aunt to send me a book from a christian bookshop for christmas, without a fucking exchange card! I suppose it's the thought that counts, but hell, just give me ten bucks or something next time. Or just one buck.
If the book didn't cost you anything and you haven't wasted your time reading it, then I don't think you're really justified in complaining about it. Just drop it off at a bargain store or a pawn shop if you don't want it, instead of going "Waaaaa! I wanted a Teddy Ruxpin for Christmas!"

Most religions, in raw format, simply boil down to living a good life, being a good person and perhaps passing a system of morals on to the next generation. If anybody doesn't like these ideals, well...that's their prerogative.

Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas.
Teddy Ruxpin rocked. That's all i have to say.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.

-=1stInF.|Slappey wrote:

BigmacK192 wrote:

Devout Roman Catholic.
Just wondering, did you go to Midnight Mass tonight?
Yes. I did go on Christmas Eve Night.

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2005-12-26 05:30:35)

asbad
+19|6727|Ireland

Kobrakai wrote:

Proud To Be An Atheist.
amen to that!
Freezer
+4|6714

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

I personally am not a Christian.  I'm not angry at people who believe in Jesus.  I think God would rather have us enjoy ourselves than be confined by a set rules of limitations regarding moral behavior (as long as law laid down by people allows for it).

Freezer wrote:

Believe what you want we all aren't getting into heaven anyway from what I was told by my Witness co worker, supposedly its reserved for 144,000 people or 12,000 from the 12 tribes.  The rest of us are SOL.
Jehova's Witnesses believe only 144,000 go to heaven.  Isn't there like 5,000,000 of them? I guess that means like 4 1/2 million of em are out of luck.
Something like that, I forgot what he said after he informed us about that at about 5pm one night I was too much in shock to hear that we all started telling him that he needs to find a new religion something more earth based, since no matter how many doors he bangs on and how many birthdays and shit he doesn't celebrate he is stuck here with the rest of us..   It was all in good fun mind you we'd never force him to change his beliefs  not like he would anyway but its fun giving him some shit every once and a while...
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6700|San Francisco
I'm a moderately anti-religious Atheist, or a Strong Atheist.  Raised as a catholic, started thinking for myself around age 14 or so
DR-BLAZ
+0|6703

Marconius wrote:

I'm a moderately anti-religious Atheist, or a Strong Atheist.  Raised as a catholic, started thinking for myself around age 14 or so
My experience is very similar to Marconius. There's nothing like Catholicism to drive a person away. So, I'm an atheist. Other fantastical things I don't believe, in addition to deities, include the tooth ferry, global warming as a result of human activity, easter bunny, santa claus, sprites, ferries, gray men, chupacabras, big foot, and the like.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6700|San Francisco
I'm definitely open to accepting the Flying Spaghetti Monster into my heart, though!  We must all be touched by His noodly appendage at one point in our lives.

RAmen.

Catholicism is the breeding ground for teenage rebellion or rebellion in general; best example would be the stereotyping of Catholic schoolgirls.  It's too negative, and your whole life would have to be built around apologizing for being born and making sure you do good in some Dogmatic sense so you can get into heaven.  Plus I have better things to do with my Sundays, thankyouverymuch!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard