phelan2006
+0|6693
since i installed the new patch my game crashes instantly after trying to join a server! single player modus works fine...

anybody experiencing similar problems? please help me if you can!

p.s can't be my computer! just bought new cpu, mainboard, etc...

thanks in advance

Last edited by phelan2006 (2006-11-24 18:21:25)

PASSUBY
+30|6643|Louisiana
I have some of these same problems..check here  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1001571
phelan2006
+0|6693
I've re'installed the game and patched it again... worked fine for about 2-3 rounds! When I came back from work and turned on the computer the game crashed again straight to the desktop! but re-installing the game everytime this happens can't be the answer...

I hat this game so much - yet I love it even more...
jcurts
+25|6376|Coventry, UK
mine will crash some times during a match, this bloody patch just made things worst for me.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

1.06 seemed to remove the end-of-round CTD for me.......and added it at the beginning.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DaBigDragon
+3|6750|USA
I posted this in other threads, try it and see if it helps:

Go here: www.ccleaner.com and download and run CCleaner on your PC. Don't check anything under the advanced options under the cleaner part though. After running the cleaner, run the registry cleaner, (that's the icon under the cleaner icon.) It'll give you the option of backing up the registry before it changes anything. Run the cleaner and the registry cleaner a few times until it doesn't find anything, then completely shut down and restart the PC.
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands
I have the exact same problem.
I did a complete reinstall of my windows and games and now BF2 crashes when I click join.
Before the reinstall BF2 worked fine with patch 1.41.

The only differences between the old and new install are:
A new virus scanner old: avast new: Kaspersky
The newest Xfi driver
The newest Nvidia 6800 GT driver.

Turing off the virusscanner does not help. Since it is a new windows install, cleaning the registry wont do much good, since there is no pollution in it... But might give it a try anyway.
Next up... deinstalling the video driver and reverting to my old driver. If that does not help, I'm reinstalling my old soundblaseter Xfi driver.
kriz77
+3|6665|The Netherlands

DaBigDragon wrote:

I posted this in other threads, try it and see if it helps:

Go here: www.ccleaner.com and download and run CCleaner on your PC. Don't check anything under the advanced options under the cleaner part though. After running the cleaner, run the registry cleaner, (that's the icon under the cleaner icon.) It'll give you the option of backing up the registry before it changes anything. Run the cleaner and the registry cleaner a few times until it doesn't find anything, then completely shut down and restart the PC.
If that doesnt work, this is what solved mine and 2 friends similar problems:
Disable the second core (if you use an X2 CPU like us). This instantly lets me join any server and play as long as i want.
You can do this in system properties, right click my computer-properties-hardware tab-device manager-processors disable the second one.

Let me know if this helps / is useful for you!
Game on!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard