Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria
I'd like EA to make a feature that allows us to create a favorite kit combination. Then, whenever you enter a new server, your kit already has that combination, allowing you to get right into the game, rather than spend 2-3 minutes accessing menus and dragging stuff to the slots. Of course, keep the current "Saves your last config when you die" so that way if you make changes, it won't reset to your favorites, but then when you leave the server, your favorite combinations are already setup when you go to the next server. Discuss?
Hanon1990
+7|6524|Vancouver
I think that would be a great idea (y)
I hate having to re do it every time.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6580|Melbourne, Australia.

Elamdri wrote:

rather than spend 2-3 minutes accessing menus and dragging stuff to the slots.
It takes you that long to drag about 4 slots?
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

I do every kit before I start the game.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

Elamdri wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

I do every kit before I start the game.
heres a hint then: DON'T.

customize the kit you plan on using then and there. i customize my kits as i want them inbetween lives. it takes a max of about 5 seconds per kit.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria

Ender2309 wrote:

customize the kit you plan on using then and there. i customize my kits as i want them inbetween lives. it takes a max of about 5 seconds per kit.
Sometimes I do that, but sometimes when its the deal-breaker in whether or not you spawn at a flag to defend it before an enemy caps it, setting up your kits between death can be costly, honestly, I just think it would be a nice feature to have your favorite items already ready go.

Also, I tend to get bugs, like for some reason, it will swap kits on me in the middle of customization, or items won't drag.

Either allow us to make a favorite combination in the BFHQ or Hotkey the menus. It would be a really nice streamline feature I think.

And yeah, the 2-3 mins is probably an exaggeration.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

Elamdri wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Sometimes I do that, but sometimes when its the deal-breaker in whether or not you spawn at a flag to defend it before an enemy caps it, setting up your kits between death can be costly, honestly, I just think it would be a nice feature to have your favorite items already ready go.

Also, I tend to get bugs, like for some reason, it will swap kits on me in the middle of customization, or items won't drag.

Either allow us to make a favorite combination in the BFHQ or Hotkey the menus. It would be a really nice streamline feature I think.

And yeah, the 2-3 mins is probably an exaggeration.
let me explain a bit more then. when i say between lives i mean it literally. as in, during that fifteen second span. i take no more time than that to make mine go.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria

Ender2309 wrote:

let me explain a bit more then. when i say between lives i mean it literally. as in, during that fifteen second span. i take no more time than that to make mine go.
I get what you're saying, but you have to admit that it would be nice to have everything set and ready when you first use a kit.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

Elamdri wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

I get what you're saying, but you have to admit that it would be nice to have everything set and ready when you first use a kit.
sure, all i'm saying is that if the time is bugging you right now then just do it differently.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

I like the idea.  It's a pain in the ass to customize kits all the time, everyone is off the titan by the time I'm done.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
Its a nice Idea, but knowing the patch team, they would probably take out all the unlocks, then "forget" to put them back in.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

It'd be better to just have it so you highlight the items you want rather than fanny about dragging things around.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway
Like they did for BF2 in the end
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

That would be a great idea. I hate the beginning of a round when you have 15 seconds to set everything up, only to spawn and not make it to the gunship cause I was making my usual selections. I only use Recon with RDX/APMs and the Zeller rifle anyway.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Even though it doesn't take much to customize, it would be kinda nice to have a 'favourite kit' combo - though it would change as you move up the ranks.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria

Spark wrote:

Even though it doesn't take much to customize, it would be kinda nice to have a 'favourite kit' combo - though it would change as you move up the ranks.
Which is why I would have it run through BFHQ.

@GotMex: Yeah, hell, anymore I just don't customize, helps to get the gunship faster.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Not a problem for me - I have really low settings so I'm usually the first to load and I have about 30 seconds to customize.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
psH
Banned
+217|6383|Sydney
im prophesizing that they wil fix this in a new patch.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6657|Devil's Perch

Elamdri wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Definitely, especially as most will have a prefered loadout for every kit, like
1.) Recon: Lambert Carbine, RDX, APM
2.) Assault: Voss, AR-Rockets, Defib
3.) Engineer: Pilum, Motion Mines, EMP Mines
4.) Support: Shotgun,  Sentry drone, EMP grenade

It should be possible to store a "profile" for every kit in your player profile, so you can easily have that loadout chosen by just loading the stored profile. I'd find that especially helpful, as my customization screen keeps switching to support class repeatedly for no reason.
Proud member of a dead community.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6646|Peoria

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

I'd find that especially helpful, as my customization screen keeps switching to support class repeatedly for no reason.
I get the same damn bug, bitch ain't it?
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6657|Devil's Perch

Elamdri wrote:

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

I'd find that especially helpful, as my customization screen keeps switching to support class repeatedly for no reason.
I get the same damn bug, bitch ain't it?
It's badly annoying, yeah.
Proud member of a dead community.
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

would be nice but I can equip what I want in the 15 secods before spawning so....
Altho getting revived in the middle of it is
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6760
I think 3 presets for each kit would be enough. Next to the weapon pics in the kit select screen, it would say 1, 2 and 3 - like the unlock buttons in BF2. You could even rename the presets.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6715|MoVal, Southern California

Elamdri wrote:

Yeah i hate when that happens. Although i think it would be rather awesome if i were to spawn with apms, rdx, as support! Doesn't happen that way, though.

I would really like to see them fix up the customization menu too, elamdri.
MDKThePriest
+6|6562
I just set each kit up when I enter a server, gives you time to look at the map and see what everyones doing and what squad I'd want to join. (You can see what squads are sticking together and what squads are spread out all over the map). That way if I die and need to respawn eng or something it's all set up

However, I would love it if it kept your kits customized.

Last edited by MDKThePriest (2006-11-28 14:53:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard