CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6599|California U.S.A
So I know I've seen the smoke grenade kills such as when you throw a smoke grenade and the grenade itself smacks some enemy and if their health is low it kills them.

As a Engineer I've gotten a few kills by dropping AT mines while parachuting down and having Armour/vehicles run over them or by dropping on stationary (momentarily) but occupied Armour/vehicles and it explodes when they move....

But I was wondering if anyone out there has ever killed infantry by dropping AT mines from a parachute and getting a kill on a low health enemy such as with the smoke grenades scenario?

I don't think I have as far as I've noticed, but i would guess it shows up as a [AT mine] kill so you would not know if it happened via a head drop or if they just ran it over with a vehicle.

Might have been a few times on Mashtuur with the earlier patches and the stream of C4 and AT mines chucking out of the blackhawks.

Any one out there know if this is possible?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6760|the middle of nowhere
Get on some random server (with FF on) and get on a building above a camped teamate. Drop an AT mine on top of them and see if it TK's them. If it does, it should work on an enemy (although I have never tried this myself).
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6737|Germany

uhm, don't know, all I know is that parachuting on someones head kills him
CoconutBlitz

Darkhelmet wrote:

Get on some random server (with FF on) and get on a building above a camped teamate. Drop an AT mine on top of them and see if it TK's them. If it does, it should work on an enemy (although I have never tried this myself).
Hmm I didn't think about that as far as just dropping a mine from a roof it's just the AT mine doesn't fly out too far you would have to get right to the edge. I'll have to try that later tonight.
ZCaliber
+12|6521|Between Canada and Iowa
AT mines don't explode when they hit infantry.

Smoke grenades explode after a set time, that explosion is what kills low-health enemies.

Strangest kill I've ever seen was someone getting credited a kill to a grappling hook, it happened to a friend of mine... And it serioiusly wigged out his system. What we both assume happened was the person was climbing a grappling hook after they had deployed a claymore (Which would accredit it to the vehicle instead of the mine, in this case the grappling hook which is technically a vehicle.).

However, one of the funnest way to kill a person is the Parachute itself. XD I've coined both ways it's possible to kill a person with a parachute in a couple simple nicknames:

Mario stomp - Landing on a person. (Usually opening the 'cute just before reaching their head.)

Death shroud - Killing someone with the top of your parachute (Like jumping off a building and parachuting... me and a friend of mine were double killed this way...)
Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6371|United States
Ive killed a man like that once. Was engineer parachuting and i dropped a mine on a guys head. got the kill. except you don't get AT mine kills, it says   steveo7800 (Killed) bill
CoconutBlitz

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

uhm, don't know, all I know is that parachuting on someones head kills him
Yeah I've done that to my squad mates a couple times when we all HALO as a group out of a transport Heli.

Or sometimes just that random quick jump from a roof and you Super Mario your Squad Leader's head...oops
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6581

Someone one this forum posted a story about being on wake, bailing and dropping a random mine only for it to fall on someone and kill them.

Closest I've had to it is smoke grenade kills, or once I dropped C4 out of a helicopter on Mashtuur, then detonated it and I got at least 5 kills. I guess some of my C4 stuck on an enemy helicopter below or something.
CoconutBlitz

ZCaliber wrote:

AT mines don't explode when they hit infantry.

Smoke grenades explode after a set time, that explosion is what kills low-health enemies.

Strangest kill I've ever seen was someone getting credited a kill to a grappling hook, it happened to a friend of mine... And it serioiusly wigged out his system. What we both assume happened was the person was climbing a grappling hook after they had deployed a claymore (Which would accredit it to the vehicle instead of the mine, in this case the grappling hook which is technically a vehicle.).

However, one of the funnest way to kill a person is the Parachute itself. XD I've coined both ways it's possible to kill a person with a parachute in a couple simple nicknames:

Mario stomp - Landing on a person. (Usually opening the 'cute just before reaching their head.)

Death shroud - Killing someone with the top of your parachute (Like jumping off a building and parachuting... me and a friend of mine were double killed this way...)
Yeah, I know they (AT Mine) don't explode for infantry I seem to recall that the actual smoke grenade canister itself causes a little damage if it smacks you en route to the ground that's what I was wondering with the AT mine if the case itself could cause death to a low health enemy

Funny, I had used the Mario reference below before I read your post  does that mean I have to pay royalties

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-11-27 14:47:01)

CoconutBlitz

Steveo7800 wrote:

Ive killed a man like that once. Was engineer parachuting and i dropped a mine on a guys head. got the kill. except you don't get AT mine kills, it says   steveo7800 (Killed) bill
Ah very nice so it is possible thanks. I usually lose sight of targets below me as I'm steering in circles to land accurately.

Toilet Sex wrote:

Someone one this forum posted a story about being on wake, bailing and dropping a random mine only for it to fall on someone and kill them.

Closest I've had to it is smoke grenade kills, or once I dropped C4 out of a helicopter on Mashtuur, then detonated it and I got at least 5 kills. I guess some of my C4 stuck on an enemy helicopter below or something.
Ah nice! I didn't see that when I searched you don't remember what thread that was do you?
HellFall33
Vagrants #1 infantry
+11|6450|Richland WA
My old clan and i would hop on a mashtuur server and i would pilot and would be support and the rest of the guys were spec ops and we would fly bertha over the blackhawk and drop c4 and blow them. we usually got like 200 points for each man.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada
Yes, if you drop it on someones head that has little health, it WILL kill them.

I've seen it in a BF2 Video on Youtube from some Asian Clan.

I couldn't find the video, but I that they can kill without exploding.
specops10-4
+108|6753|In the hills
I hit people in the face with grenades and kill em
CoconutBlitz

LT.Victim wrote:

Nice! I'll search around Youtube for the video.

specops10-4 wrote:

I wish I could do the same with the all purpose Engineer wrench that would be bitchin'

Seal 3 [Wrench] Some embarrassed player   
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada

Seal 3 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Nice! I'll search around Youtube for the video.

specops10-4 wrote:

I wish I could do the same with the all purpose Engineer wrench that would be bitchin'

Meh, Just Shock paddle them

more Embarrasing them then a knife Kill.

I know when i got paddled for the first time, I was emabarrassed, and also thinking 'WTF THEY CAN KILL?!?!'

The good old days of being a noob when you were happy if you got that 1.0 KDR
CoconutBlitz

Seal 3 wrote:

LT. Victim wrote:

Meh, Just Shock paddle them

more Embarrasing them then a knife Kill.

I know when i got paddled for the first time, I was emabarrassed, and also thinking 'WTF THEY CAN KILL?!?!'

The good old days of being a noob when you were happy if you got that 1.0 KDR
Shock paddle kills are hilarious. I only have one (don't play medic kit as much) but I've been zapped a few times

The zapping sound and the ungodly shriek of your enemy like he got his nutsack caught in a blender is worth the price of admission.

I would be happy if my KDR was at 1.0 it's only around .61 or so I had alot of dieing in the early days and still do but not as bad I've had the same account from the start. I had a crappy stock MS mouse and ever since this new Razor mouse my KDR has crept up. And to sum up I die alot.

But hey 15 seconds later I can have the opportunity to die all over again
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6555
I once killed a J10 that flew into my parachute... That was as funny as hell.
However, I never killed somebody by dropping AT-mines on them...
explosivo
Banned
+262|6653
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6559|EUtopia | Austria

Ducksteina wrote:

Erh, that was you? ^^
CoconutBlitz

explosivo wrote:

look at this post i made ages ago http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=767057#p767057
Ah hah! There that post is. Nice work explosivo!

I was playing on Dalian a few days ago and there was the guy driving a light jeep running people over he got me once around a corner then I did the ole' drop a AT mine at your feet and walk a little bit away look all "deer caught in the headlight" facing the wrong way sure enough here he comes full speed

[AT mine] someblown up guy in a vehicle

That never gets old.
CoconutBlitz

Ducksteina wrote:

Yeah that weird I had that happen to me once too a jet hit my 'chute straps. Must be made out of Mithril and coated in molygraph grease.
Turtle
+7|6767|Boulder, CO
You can but it has to be luck basically. AT mines won't kill if you''re just standing on top of the person. Grenades will tho, on impact.. not on detonation as a previous poster stated. A normal grenade in the face can kill at full health before detonation. Not really a skill worth mastering, but funny if it ever happens.
CoconutBlitz

Turtle wrote:

You can but it has to be luck basically. AT mines won't kill if you''re just standing on top of the person. Grenades will tho, on impact.. not on detonation as a previous poster stated. A normal grenade in the face can kill at full health before detonation. Not really a skill worth mastering, but funny if it ever happens.
Interesting I wonder at what height the dropped AT mine becomes damaging?
Turtle
+7|6767|Boulder, CO
Not sure. I've never killed anyone with a mine that way. ~20ft maybe. Have to test it sometime.
samfink
+31|6565
although that would be useful on warlord with the whole insurgent team camping the plaza.........nade spam the thing, tank out infantry like there's no tomorrow, and drop C4 on the tanks. yes, ti is possible. or, simply have AT dealing with the tanks. no more insurgents causing as much of a problem ( if they spawn at the plaza WHICH THEY WILL, then you simply gun them down until it goes neutral, then simply cap the plaza, and bring up tanks from the construction site to deal with the re-spawned insurgent tank (how DID the insurgents get a tank, anyway? their commander assets look suitably rusty, but not their tanks.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard