Disodium
+13|6506|Sydney
Sheesh even now since they have implement a carebear chamber in titan mode that people can hide in, idiots still complain about death...
Its a friggin war game shit happens your gunna die one way or another

Last edited by Disodium (2006-11-20 21:32:58)

Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan

Talon wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

-GR33NS- wrote:

bwahahaha. I see it being nerfed.
It will be nerfed. It's a glitch. If an enemy touches the shield, they die. So same should go for anything deployed by an enemy. Otherwise, you'd have support whores dropping sentries down into the titan hangar bay.
You misunderstand. The mines/sentries rest on top of the shield, but don't die.
Exactly. They should explode on contact with the shield. Not rest on top of it. If you step out into the shield, you die. Why wouldn't anything you put on it (or near) do the same?
themarxs
+0|6516

Bell wrote:

I seen it for the 1st time last night, and I thought WTF!  Credit to the guy he got like 5 of us lmao, but in my typical good grace I poded ontop of him, muahahahahahahaha! *cough*

Martyn
That was me, Martyn.  I read about the motion mines on the shield in the forums and wanted to try it out.  I planted my squad beacon up there specifically so I could keep at it.  I ended up getting enough of you to get my Silver Explosives badge.  Thanks to your dogged persistence at catching me up there and camping with the transport chopper guns, I had to switch to sniper, move my beacon, and change tactics.   
JohnLeavitt
+16|6436
lol i have heard off this several times now... sounds hilarious... but easily countered. just get out your Zellar and pod to the top of your titan and shoot the mines... duh...
Disabl3d
+11|6397|Chicago

Elamdri wrote:

The other day I was playing on a server when an engineer landed on my titan and started throwing motion mines on top the shield to my hangar bay, much to my surprise. I'm sorry but thats bullshit. You shouldn't be able to deploy anything on the shield. It doesn't even make sense.
Lol, was his name Disabl3d? I've been doin that a lot latly .
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

themarxs wrote:

Bell wrote:

I seen it for the 1st time last night, and I thought WTF!  Credit to the guy he got like 5 of us lmao, but in my typical good grace I poded ontop of him, muahahahahahahaha! *cough*

Martyn
That was me, Martyn.  I read about the motion mines on the shield in the forums and wanted to try it out.  I planted my squad beacon up there specifically so I could keep at it.  I ended up getting enough of you to get my Silver Explosives badge.  Thanks to your dogged persistence at catching me up there and camping with the transport chopper guns, I had to switch to sniper, move my beacon, and change tactics.   
Dof my cap to you sir, it was pretty funny .

Martyn
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
SWEET! I'm about to unlock Motion Mines, my second to last tree, with Pilum being last.

I can't wait to try this. I'm just about 500 points shy of the next rank.
themarxs
+0|6516
Motion mine update:

You can throw motion mines down onto the top of the Titan before the shield is down.  They will rest on top of the main shield also.  Just fly a transport chopper over the enemy titan and start chucking mines down over their docking area.  Seats F4 and F5 work great for this (and for repairing the chopper).  It works great for suppressing the darned attack chopper.  It does not work as well with the transport chopper, since transport pilots tend to drop forward over the docking lip, instead of going up first.  Motion mines can still be removed by any sniper with a Zeller who is willing to walk or pod to the top of their own titan.
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada
What's even more awesome is putting motion mines inside the reactor core room, around the reactor core.  When a transport or gunship takes off the mines try to follow the ship, but collide with the reactor and does MASSIVE damage.

One round a guy killed me and laughed at me through global chat.

"LOL! Are those mines supposed to do anything?"
"Yup!"
"These aren't claymores NOOB!"
"Well I have about 30 seconds to show you that they will do something..."
"WTF??"
*an air vehicle takes off and blows up the reactor core, and the 4 defending guys in the core room*
"Yup! I guess they COULD be anti-personnel, eh?"
"WTF?!?! YOU HACKER!! IS THERE AN ADMIN IN THIS SERVER???"
"LOL! GG! POTATOWNED!"
https://www.filehigh.com/serve/1/3703.gif
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6461

Have anyone tried to throw motion mines at your own chopper spawn area?

I tried that and the motion mines flinged straight ahead to the other side of map. That seemed strange...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6708|MoVal, Southern California

CackNBallz wrote:

What's even more awesome is putting motion mines inside the reactor core room, around the reactor core.  When a transport or gunship takes off the mines try to follow the ship, but collide with the reactor and does MASSIVE damage.

One round a guy killed me and laughed at me through global chat.

"LOL! Are those mines supposed to do anything?"
"Yup!"
"These aren't claymores NOOB!"
"Well I have about 30 seconds to show you that they will do something..."
"WTF??"
*an air vehicle takes off and blows up the reactor core, and the 4 defending guys in the core room*
"Yup! I guess they COULD be anti-personnel, eh?"
"WTF?!?! YOU HACKER!! IS THERE AN ADMIN IN THIS SERVER???"
"LOL! GG! POTATOWNED!"
http://www.filehigh.com/serve/1/3703.gif
wow, i gotta unlock me those snazzy motion mines and try that! LOLZ.  Just about three thousand points till then.
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

Tried the throwing of motion mines from the transport but on enemy tanks around the map. Its fun and I bet I pissed the shit out of the one guy I managed to get (tried maybe 20 mines)
Its realy hard to get the feel for it. But I bet some people will get REALY good at it
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6611|InGerLand
can motion mines track pods?
cos if they do then surely a simple defense against them would be to pod from the titan up and back into the landing bay, if you moved fast enough when the pod landed then wouldn't the mines just blow up on the floor where the pod landed or deactivate on the floor so you could just defuse them with the engineer defuser unlock whatsit, so no mines and it is a fairly easy thing to do just pod for about 5 seconds
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6588|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
motions mines only good against vehicles. its fun to put motion mines on the titan on the front and back.
ZCaliber
+12|6504|Between Canada and Iowa
Y'know, if the AE defuser was a really long range device that could differentiate between friendly and enemy explosives... And maybe defuse through walls to an extent...

Bah, that's a farfetched dream I guess... The AE defuser is only useful is you're in a tank/APC and get pinned by a swarm of floating motion mines.

As for the mines on the shield, making them explode if they hit the shield won't do anything, a people can just put them on the outer rim to more or less the same effect.

Just another reason to defend the roof of your titan.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
After a bit of "testing" myself, they are certainly the most effective on gunships. The transports go through the "front" of the shield perse, and the motion mines tend to get "hit" by the shield and die.

I haven't heard of the reactor core one, though. May have to try that...
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada

MadKatter wrote:

After a bit of "testing" myself, they are certainly the most effective on gunships. The transports go through the "front" of the shield perse, and the motion mines tend to get "hit" by the shield and die.

Please do try the reactor core trick!  When it works for you be sure to give me Karma!
l41e
+677|6641

CackNBallz wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Please do try the reactor core trick!  When it works for you be sure to give me Karma!
That sounds

So.

Much.

Fun.

Going to try it right now.

All your core are belong to us.

Edit: Results: It might help if our team managed to actually get into the core...

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-11-27 17:37:08)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6611|InGerLand

gearpig wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

because you can't shoot from the inside of the shield out, and you can't shoot from the outside in, so that people don't camp on top of titan and so that people can't just snipe from one titan to another in safety
Yes, but all they have to do is step through the shield to the outside and take me on. And they even have the luxery of stepping back in for cover, I don't.

And you say camping like its a bad thing? In this context, when the sheilds are down, IMO it's important to protect the way for incoming troops either via transport or squad beacon. So a beachhead can be established on the enemy Titan itself rather than trying to breach it over and over again.
no i was on about the inner shield, hey sit on the roof of the thing all you like, i know i love to lol
JimmyBotswana
+82|6578|Montreal
Can you say AE Defuser?
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Can you say AE Defuser?
Sometimes.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753

JohnLeavitt wrote:

lol i have heard off this several times now... sounds hilarious... but easily countered. just get out your Zellar and pod to the top of your titan and shoot the mines... duh...
Ah, but I do it while the shield is still up.
1MaNArmY
+2|6790

Talon wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Ah, but I do it while the shield is still up.
where do you land when the shields are up??
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

he said it before, he drops them from the transport ship.
And yes you can pod on your titans roof with a zeller, kill all the enemies that are there and than destroy the mines. But almost certanly someone will try to take off before you get the chance to do it.
themarxs
+0|6516
I've been working on counters for this method, and the Zeller is the only realistic one.  Unfortunately, I have not yet tested a counter for when the main shield is still up.  There is no need to pod up to the top of the titan.  Just walk out to the front of the titan, in front of the choppers, and then up the side frames (it seems awkward but is very do-able).  Then snipe those balls right off the top of the shield.  Since you can't kill them all at once, focus on protecting the attack chopper first.  Because of the takeoff profile, the attack chopper is most vulnerable.  If the shield is down, and the engineer is still on top, just snipe him with the Zeller too.  The angle of attack will make it difficult for him to kill you with his pistol and nearly impossible with the Pilum.  You can then just jump down into your own chopper bay, and take off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard