lynxlyran
+15|6682
Not spawn camping mind you. This is where I approach an objective, I am alone, more of my teammates will be there soon to help take the objective. So I will hang (camp) outside of the objective area and suppress it until help can arrive.

Then the kick votes start.

Look, I'm not driving a piece of armor into the construction site on Kubra alone so some spec op can C4 it while I'm turning the flag and I will not get out of said armor just to have someone jump in, take it and kill me with it.

So lets review:
Spawn camping - covering a single spawn point waiting for the easy kill. The enemy has no chance. = Bad Form

Obj. Camping - covering the entire area and supressing until help arrives. The enemy can easily spawn and hide or spawn and run away. = Good strategy

--

One more comment. Since making Master Gunnery Sgt. I don't feel like I need those flag capture points so I will cover my team while they go in and take the flag. I watch their back, they take many flags this way, we win! It's a good thing kick votes never work but it bothers me that someone thinks I'm cheating and who wants their name displayed on a kick vote again and again all round long.
montypythizzle
+21|6641
good strategy but lame thread no one thinks your cheating some people in this game just suck now quit blushing

/thread
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6748|Kangarooland

lynxlyran wrote:

Not spawn camping mind you. This is where I approach an objective, I am alone, more of my teammates will be there soon to help take the objective. So I will hang (camp) outside of the objective area and suppress it until help can arrive.

Then the kick votes start.

Look, I'm not driving a piece of armor into the construction site on Kubra alone so some spec op can C4 it while I'm turning the flag and I will not get out of said armor just to have someone jump in, take it and kill me with it.

So lets review:
Spawn camping - covering a single spawn point waiting for the easy kill. The enemy has no chance. = Bad Form

Obj. Camping - covering the entire area and supressing until help arrives. The enemy can easily spawn and hide or spawn and run away. = Good strategy

--

One more comment. Since making Master Gunnery Sgt. I don't feel like I need those flag capture points so I will cover my team while they go in and take the flag. I watch their back, they take many flags this way, we win! It's a good thing kick votes never work but it bothers me that someone thinks I'm cheating and who wants their name displayed on a kick vote again and again all round long.
woteva u need to tell yourself to feel ok about spawn camping dude..........
OpsChief
+101|6714|Southern California
Your strategy is fine your terminology is misleading. Try using terms like Strategic Raid, Ambush, Blocking Position or something more appropriate to the specific action. "Camping" means a tent, a small open fire and a can of baked beans simmering on the flames.

Strategic Raid - going to the enemy base with intent to destroy assets, 'requisition' enemy armor/aircraft, hunt down and kill the enemy commander, and interdict the flow of enemy reinforcements to the front.

If a server has "no camping" rules don't camp - play by the rules of the server. If your activites are hard to understand by the people playing within the spawn fences you will be kicked eventually. Or, find a server that plays strategic style BF2 and you will be admired for strategic skills. But "camping" lol on strategic servers is much much harder than on spawnfenced servers because raids and ambushes are expected and countered with extreme force.

There are people who will suggest that spawncamping is a universal concept across BF2. It isn't. There must be a rule on a server for that action to exist otherwise it is simply strategic level play.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-11-27 07:53:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard