GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

I was trying to make some new sigs, and other BF2142 related graphics stuff and I realized that EA provides the crappiest pics ever. BF2's pics were huge, and very usable so I'm trying to get similar images but haven't gotten lucky. I remember from CS:S there was gary's mod that let you mess around with the engine and players and weapons which made for easy renders. Any way to do something similar from BF2142?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

get some people on TS and head to an empty server, maybe?
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

get some people on TS and head to an empty server, maybe?
I've thought about that one, but thing is I'd like to get easy-to-extract renders. I could really use shots of just the Mech, or just a troop (in bigger res than what Ive found so far) so having any background makes the process more laborious.[/b]
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

I know that in BF2 you could jump into the map editor and bring in models to do that sort of thing with. Look into the modding community.

Lots of times people will create "whitemaps" so that you can just place elements all over the place to screenshot at whatever insane res your monitor can support.

Ideally, you'd want to find out how to extract the models and textures from the game so that you could simply bring them into a 3d app and render these things out there. But, good luck with that.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
Well, the only thing I could think of doing without changing the game files or using a MOD. Go on a map that doesn't have a detailed sky, park it on top of a hill and  Type in "renderer.drawhud 0" into the console so that you can get rid of your cross hairs and your HUD, move around, take a screenshot so that the background is the sky, not the ground. Use battlerecorder if you want better Camera Angles. It works the same as BF2 does.
When it comes down to editing out the background, the common colors of the sky should make it easier then the ground.

How to use Battlerecorder on your machine, encase you didn't know.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/other/battlerecorder.

Like this

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/LTvictim/vehicle.png

The only place I can recommend for this is on Suez Canal.

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/LTvictim/map.png

And if all else fails, Google some BF2142 Fan sites, they may have what your looking for.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6385|San Jose CA.

GotMex? wrote:

I was trying to make some new sigs, and other BF2142 related graphics stuff and I realized that EA provides the crappiest pics ever. BF2's pics were huge, and very usable so I'm trying to get similar images but haven't gotten lucky. I remember from CS:S there was gary's mod that let you mess around with the engine and players and weapons which made for easy renders. Any way to do something similar from BF2142?
Post the pics here and I'll make them similar 4 you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard