sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina
Which 5 persons from your Country make you proud?  They must be alive and famous people.  So, don't go with the easy choices.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-11-26 14:25:16)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
I don't feel pride for my country - for as little as I even have one. Patriotism is a very, very nasty thing imo.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
1SFG-SAWBLADEZ
+3|6821|Classified
any 5 serivcemen or women that have laid down their life for this country, or served in anyway to protect the people.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6666|Canada Eh?
I'm nixing your rule of "they have to be alive", because I feel like it!

Tommy Douglas
Terry Fox
heh, I can only think of two... oh well.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

1SFG-SAWBLADEZ wrote:

any 5 serivcemen or women that have laid down their life for this country, or served in anyway to protect the people.
^and here's our example
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Here is my first 2.

More to come .
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=676595#p676595
Soon to be famous..

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-26 14:36:06)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
TuataraDude
+115|6515|Aotearoa
I'm with Vampira as otherwise my list would be very short, not all of those below are alive:

Edmund Hillary - First to climb Mt Everest (alive)
Ernest Rutherford - First to split the atom (dead)
Peter Blake - Head of the team that was second to take the Amercas Cup off the Americans and the first to defend it outside of America (dead)
Peter Jackson - Bringing LOTR to the screen in such a successful way (alive)
David Lange - Prime Minister who told the Americans that we don't want your nukes in our country (dead)

BTW Kmarion, mind if I comment on the note about good friends and great friends in your sig?
A good friend will help you move.
A great friend will help you move a body.

Last edited by TuataraDude (2006-11-26 14:48:47)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I don't feel pride for my country - for as little as I even have one. Patriotism is a very, very nasty thing imo.
Good point, but let's see...  for my answer...

1. Jimmy Carter - He was a crappy president, but he's an amazing philanthropist.
2. Bill Gates - Yeah, I know it's a crazy choice, and he's done some really shady shit to get where he is now, but he has donated more to charity than anyone else in human history.
3. Alan Greenspan - for being heavily responsible for 10 years of unprecedented economic growth for America in the 90s.
4. Lance Armstrong - for beating cancer, winning the Tour de France 7 consecutive times, and for starting up an important charity group
5. Stephen Colbert - for having the balls to do what he did at the White House Press dinner.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6768

1SFG-SAWBLADEZ wrote:

This is the perfect answer....
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio
Chuck Norris
Bill Clinton
50 Cent
Arnold Schwarzenegger
K-Fed
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

New Zealand

#1 Sir Edmund Hillary: One of the very few living people to be on a nation's currency, (you can see he's signed this one.)
First man to climb Mt. Everest and first to reach the South Pole in a land based vehicle, (even though he was only meant to be the supply train to the real expedition.) He is most noteworthy though for his work with the people of Nepal, which I'm not going to go into because I don't want to write heaps. He's a bloody nice bloke too, my Dad was in Auckland on buisiness and decided he wanted to meet him. He's listed in the phone book and so Dad rang and asked if he could come over and meet the living legend. Sir Ed obliged of course and signed a few things for him too.

#2 Peter Jackson: Jackson's story is pretty amazing. With no favours he started directing Zombie splatter flicks which still hold up against big budget producers today. With his first big budget movie "The Frightners" I remember pointing out to my mates "He's a New Zealander" when Jackson's name flashed in the opening credits, now of course that is not needed with the LOTR trilogy and King Kong under his belt along with a collection of Oscars. The fact that he used some serious ingenuity to cut costs an actually come up with a better result. Also the fact that everyone in New Zealand is connected to the LOTR trilogy in some way is cool, (I myself helped with the premieres, plus my English teacher was an Orc.)

#3 Jon Toogood: As everyone should be aware by now, my favourite band is Shihad. Jon Toogood is the frontman of the Hard Rock and Metal beast, and is most likely the best frontman in Australasia. The energy he puts in to every performance is incredible, he is a true master of his art, plus a fucking awesome singer.

#4 Sam Neill: Why we celebrate crappy actors in "Shortland Street" as celebrities I'll never know, especially when we tend to ignore actors like Sam Neill. Sam Neill's an awesome actor who should get more parts. His most comercial role I guess was Dr. Alan Grant in 'Jurassic Park', but has also been in films like 'Event Horizon', 'The Piano', 'Wimbledon' among others. He is also one of only, (I think,) two New Zealanders who have been on The Simpsons, (the other being Lucy Lawless,)  - Neill was Malloy the Cat Burglar.

#5 Tana Umaga: If I didn't include an All Black captain I think I could be legally lynched in this country. Anyway, Umaga was the last captain of the All Blacks before current captain Richie McCaw. Umanga is from my neck of the woods too which makes him better than Cantabrian McCaw. Tana is of course a brilliant Rugby player and leader, and also a nice guy. When, I think it was an Argentinian bloke, swallowed his tounge after attempting to tackle Umaga, Umaga, (who was clear fo an easy try,) dropped the ball, and went back to help the choking bloke and saved his life. That's pretty awesome for anyone to do.

See TuataraDude? You just need to put in a bit of effot and you can get some live 'uns.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6445|Cambridge, UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

1SFG-SAWBLADEZ wrote:

^and here's our example
Totaly agree... they cant even read... alive and famous!!

sergeriver wrote:

Which 5 persons from your Country make you proud?  They must be alive and famous people.  So, don't go with the easy choices.
And personally cant think of anyone at all... certainly not any fooking politians, rappers or movie stars!
Turquoise
O Canada

Ty wrote:

New Zealand

#4 Sam Neill: Why we celebrate crappy actors in "Shortland Street" as celebrities I'll never know, especially when we tend to ignore actors like Sam Neill. Sam Neill's an awesome actor who should get more parts. His most comercial role in guess was Dr. Alan Grant in 'Jurassic Park', but has also been in films like 'Event Horizon', 'The Piano', 'Wimbledon' among others. He is also one of only, (I think,) two New Zealanders who have been on The Simpsons, (the other being Lucy Lawless,)  - Neill was Malloy the Cat Burglar.
Sam Neill is, indeed, a good actor.  My fave was "Event Horizon", and "Merlin" was cheesy, but good... 
BAT.CHRIDRAM
Ding Dang Doo
+11|6380|Calgary
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stu Hart
and 2 others

crap just re-read they have to be alive so Bret Hart and 4 others i guess.

Last edited by BAT.CHRIDRAM (2006-11-26 15:32:35)

vedds
+52|6747|Christchurch New Zealand
1. Sir Edmond Hillary
Everest, Say no more.

2. Richie McCaw
The most dominant player in his position in world rugby. Also the All Black Skipper. Cantabrian as well, not like that dodgy handbag swinging Umaga guy Ty likes

3. Jock Hobbs
Won us the hosting rights to the 2011 World Cup, Against a cash rich bid from Japan. Outstanding work and I cant wait. (except I'll be 30 )

4. I suppose Id better say peter jackson as well but his films dont really spin my wheels but he has done an awful lot for the country.

5.Russell Coutts, Oh yes this will be an unpopular choice, but the guy won the americas cup, defended it, then changed team aliegence and won it again. Hes unpopular in NZ because he swapped to Alinghi but at the end of the day it is a profesional sport and a team who could choose to buy any sailor they liked picked him. He won again, a true champion.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6432|canada
George "rush" ST.pierre (ultimate fighter)

mike meyers(austin powers)

pamela anderson

the guy who made boston pizza(actually is from Canada)

Ryan Reynolds

All canadian NHL players
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6500
1.  Paul Kariya (NHL hockey player)

2.  Terry Fox

3.  All Canadians
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6432|canada

Canadianloser wrote:

2.  Terry Fox

3.  All Canadians
um terry fox is dead
jcurts
+25|6358|Coventry, UK
Guillermo Gonzales Camarena.- inventing color TV. Yep, thats right, color tv was patented in mexico in 1940.

Benito Juarez.- mexican president that separated religion from politics. he was also the first native indigenous to become president.

Rodolfo Neri Vela. first mexican astronaut.

Alejandro González Iñarritu, for directing Amores Perros, but not that proud cause he directer harry potter(azkaban one) also.

Octavio Paz, literature nobel prize.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6500

INFERNO552 wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

2.  Terry Fox

3.  All Canadians
um terry fox is dead
https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/1337-1337/O_RLY.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
The fact that we have an amazing quality of life, with great weather, nice places and nice people does it for me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6472
1. Tonya Harding
2. OJ Simpson
3. Mike Tyson
4. Ted Kennedy
5. Hillary Clinton

Yea... Seriously though.

5. Lance Armstrong -He beat cancer, then the French again, and again, and again....

4. George W. Bush -Took out Saddam, and has rendered Al Quaida all but insignificant.

SCREW THE RULES

3.5.  Pat Tillman -Gave up a multi million dollar contract with the NFL to enlist in the Army.  Died serving his country in a FF accident.

3.  Ben Franklin - come on now... This guy rocked.  Had his hand in everything from inventing the lightning rod and well, look it up...

2.  Any Military leader that said cool things to his men to get them pumped to kick ass. 
Example:
"Retreat, Hell!  We're just fighting in another direction!" -  General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)
"I have not yet begun to fight." - John Paul Jones
"Damn the torpedo's!  Full speed ahead!"  Admiral David Farragut (Vicksburg 1862)

1.  George Washington.  The first Badass of the USA.  I wish they made an Action Figure of him.  I'd totally buy it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6702|Kangarooland
1. Don Bradman.

2.  The man with the Donkey

3.  Jeff Fenech

4.  John Howard

5.  Any Underdog that gave it there all even when it all seemed worthless.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

1.  George Washington.  The first Badass of the USA.  I wish they made an Action Figure of him.  I'd totally buy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9y5ayeeb4

Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6375|FLOOR E DUH
Taco Bell Inventor
Jenna Jameson
Bill Clinton ( Presidential Playa)
Andy Irons (pro surfer for all you 1337 internet geekz)
CJ Hobgood (another pro surfer that lives in my city)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard