Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6530|Adelaide, South Australia

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
R.I.P. What created God? R.I.P.

We are here today to remember the "What created God?" thread.  No one ever liked him, many hated him and most would say that his life was meaningless and worthless.  The only thing really worth mentioning in the course of the pathetic life of this sad, sad thread was it's untimely demise at the hands of the dreaded "lolcats disease", which has claimed a many of innocent threads before their time.  Not saying that this thread was innocent or untimely, but still, lolcats is a dangerous and deadly disease.  May this threads soul rest in ever lasting peace.  In your name we pray, Amen.

What created God?
(b) November 25, 2006 18:13:59 -- (d) November 26, 2006 03:00:57
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Cougar wrote:

R.I.P. What created God? R.I.P.

We are here today to remember the "What created God?" thread.  No one ever liked him, many hated him and most would say that his life was meaningless and worthless.  The only thing really worth mentioning in the course of the pathetic life of this sad, sad thread was it's untimely demise at the hands of the dreaded "lolcats disease", which has claimed a many of innocent threads before their time.  Not saying that this thread was innocent or untimely, but still, lolcats is a dangerous and deadly disease.  May this threads soul rest in ever lasting peace.  In your name we pray, Amen.

What created God?
(b) November 25, 2006 18:13:59 -- (d) November 26, 2006 03:00:57
https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/cry.jpg
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6666|Brisbane, Australia

I have the Hay Guys pic as my spray on CSS cougs

Click here for ultra lolcats seizuretime!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-11-26 01:10:03)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Congratulatioins to Fenris_GreyClaw who delivered the final blow to this pitiful thread.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

What do i win?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

FINISH HIM!

FATALITY, Mmmmmmmonster Kill
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

What do i win?
The rights to not use my Ha! Ha! image. All karma recieved from that image must be paid back twicefold to Sarrk
Spark
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Oops, I karmd teddy..jimmy but pressed enter before I could type a message
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/Rodney-CK.jpg

i shall use, teh UberGun0rz!

Sarrk wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

What do i win?
The rights to not use my Ha! Ha! image. All karma recieved from that image must be paid back twicefold to Sarrk
o rly? i only got 1 karma from that, and i think it was from you.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-11-26 01:14:09)

Spark
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/N … ney-CK.jpg

OH NOEZ NOT TEHRRR TAPZ!!!!
~ Richard Feynman
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Spark wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

OH NOEZ NOT TEHRRR TAPZ!!!!
P@P0rKliPz!!!
Eugefunk84
+48|6545
Not gonna read this whole thread, so sorry if what im about to say has already been covered, but here it goes.

I personally do not feel that organized religion is a good thing in the least. Most major conflicts over the course of human existance as far as recorded history goes have been over religion in one way or another. Religion has been a tool or reason for people to go to war, kill their fellow man, all in the name of some still unseen being called God. The Bible is a load of shit, and is basically comprosied of the fact that Jesus' body vanished. WHAT FUCKIN TOOL WENT "GOD MUST HAVE TAKEN HIM BACK TO HEAVEN"??? Boggles the mind how the need for humanity to explain away misfortunates paves the way for an entire way of life for a huge portion of the worlds populace. People will reach out to god when they feel they have nothing left, but when their prayers go unanswered, they say "It wasn't God's will", and when they do, they attribute their positive turn of events not on some earthly reason but because of a miracle. pshhhh

I don't need a book to tell me how to be a good person and live a good life. There is a basic unilateral understanding of  wrong and right (barring hitler and other psychotic sociopaths), and I feel if there truly IS a god out there, then he wont care that I didnt adhere to the 10 almighty rules of rightful living, but will accept me into his good graces under the pretense that I did the best I could with what I had when I could do it.

peace
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6668|Australia

Eugefunk84 wrote:

Not gonna read this whole thread, so sorry if what im about to say has already been covered, but here it goes.

I personally do not feel that organized religion is a good thing in the least. Most major conflicts over the course of human existance as far as recorded history goes have been over religion in one way or another. Religion has been a tool or reason for people to go to war, kill their fellow man, all in the name of some still unseen being called God. The Bible is a load of shit, and is basically comprosied of the fact that Jesus' body vanished. WHAT FUCKIN TOOL WENT "GOD MUST HAVE TAKEN HIM BACK TO HEAVEN"??? Boggles the mind how the need for humanity to explain away misfortunates paves the way for an entire way of life for a huge portion of the worlds populace. People will reach out to god when they feel they have nothing left, but when their prayers go unanswered, they say "It wasn't God's will", and when they do, they attribute their positive turn of events not on some earthly reason but because of a miracle. pshhhh

I don't need a book to tell me how to be a good person and live a good life. There is a basic unilateral understanding of  wrong and right (barring hitler and other psychotic sociopaths), and I feel if there truly IS a god out there, then he wont care that I didnt adhere to the 10 almighty rules of rightful living, but will accept me into his good graces under the pretense that I did the best I could with what I had when I could do it.

peace
hope for the thread yet?

Personally i couldnt care less for the topic - but i will fight its cause. fucking lolcats.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6752

Lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.lolcats.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

What do i win?
o rly? i only got 1 karma from that, and i think it was from you.
Show me it.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Eugefunk84 wrote:

peace
hope for the thread yet?

Personally i couldnt care less for the topic - but i will fight its cause. fucking lolcats.
I'm already digesting this thread after cooking and eating it.  The only hope this thread has is to become a solid turd instead of a wet, splattery diarrhea shit.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6752

RoflCombustion.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6668|Australia

Cougar wrote:

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Eugefunk84 wrote:

peace
hope for the thread yet?

I'm already digesting this thread after cooking and eating it.  The only hope this thread has is to become a solid turd instead of a wet, splattery diarrhea shit.
Cant argue against that. May it digest in peace. lolcats does it again.

it didnt have much substance in the first place anyway - which probably means youre still hungry and its gonna be a floater...
Spark
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Seriously, if you want to debate creationism, go find one of the many threads on the subject in the D&ST forum, or dig up that 50 page thread.
~ Richard Feynman
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6827|Belgium

RedTwizzler wrote:

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

Man created god because of his insecurity.
Exactly.
People reach out to faith in times of despair.
It is faith (no matter what faith) that gets people through those times.
So man created God, for he will watch over them and lead them through times of despair.
Of course since man has created God, many of the despair is caused by this belief man has created.
Would also be the reason why less and less people in the Western world believe in God.
They don't longer need a God to believe in, since they don't know 'real' despair.
I concur.

God is a personification of the hope for a new, better future. There is the ideal belief of being protected from evil and watched over, as well as the idea of having a better place to go to after death.

That's a good point about lack of Western devotion to God. As an athiest, I firmly agree. The reason that God is either not believed in or is only believed in when convienient ("I'm a devout Catholic... Unless you catch me while I'm drinking, gambling, or swearing at the TV...") is because Western society in general doesn't need that personification.
God = personification. Isn't that Sartre?  But yes. I find that a great add to my response..
+1
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6744|Oslo, Norway

mikeyb118 wrote:

Mummy God and Daddy God
QFE!
The Magic Mullet
+240|6435
God was created in a Chemists just outside Slough. He was actually intended to be a new adult version of Calpol but they got the ingredients a bit muddled.
teehee1988
+5|6649|Birmingham, UK
What created God?
Nothing!
God has always existed, therefore was never created.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6579|Mountains of NC

Sarrk wrote:

FINISH HIM!

FATALITY, Mmmmmmmonster Kill
https://lolcats.com/images/u/06/43/www.lolcats.com_img_55546374643686979875.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard