Dusk_X2
+6|6698|Kansas
Ok, I searched for this but couldn't find it anywhere else. This is my first thread but I checked this several times by recording my transport badge time credit down to the second and using every vehicle imaginable in euroforce. And I am not getting credit for time spent in transport in those maps!

Specific example... Drove around great wall in a humvee for entire round, didn't get credit for a second. As a squad leader. This is just one example... I drove chinese trucks, FAV's, DPV's, even tried to sit on the wheelbarrows on Smokescreen. No time credit.

I noticed this after driving in vehicles a lot in those maps and not noticing any movement in my transport badge time. I've been playing a lot of euroforces for the eurobadge.  I got the badge now but I thought it was another interesting bug that hasn't been noticed yet.

And yes it is those maps because I got all the points from them just not the transport time. I know servers take a while to update sometimes but that's not the case here.

And its not just me because I got over a half hour transport time the next time I played a warlord map for the control test. Got credited on warlord just fine.  SO WTF?

BTW... good luck to all of you trying for your euroforce badge, that sucker isn't that much fun. No servers playing it and its dam hard to get the 100 best round. I got mine on Smokescreen with a clanmate. Server was almost empty and just kept chasin the other side around the map cappin flags! (of course I was in transport...and didn't get any FREAKIN TIME FOR IT?)
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6681|Houston, Texas
no idea never checked my transport time after playing EF but i will look next time i acctually *do* find a server up when im in the mood
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Hmmm...will have to take a look next time I play. Got my 100BRS on Great Wall
EF isnt boring if you like the "Chinese" maps - so its great for me
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6852|United Kingdom
maybe thats why i could never get my vet transport on it :S
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6554
Well that would explain why I never got it until I started playing AF. That is just frustrating.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

It doesn't seem like it's working. Heads will roll at EA and DICE for this.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

I remember commanding on Taraba (if I didn't get the jet) in a transport, and did notice that about 10-20 hours did not record on to my stats. I never thought of it much, but it's a bunch of asslickery. These maps are so big you have to be in some sort of vehicle to get around (excluding GW walls).

If a new patch comes, Dice might fix it. They always tinker with the boosters in some way or form without ever telling anyone. How does 3 maps not record transport time? Isn't that crap hard coded? You sit/drive/shoot in a vehicle, you get time for it. I guess it's not that simple.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Bump, always nice to let others know that DICE still has a lot of shit to clean up.
XISIX
+116|6622
Good to know.  Thanks for info.

Went on AF to get my time up for armor.

Still haven't got that EF best round score yet.

One of these days.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6803|Barrington, RI
the GW server is great for getting that BRS as EU.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

My transport time has been increasing, but I don't remember playing anything but Euro Forces lately. In a transport that this.

I'll test again tomorow morning.
137:16:25 is my current transport time. Yea, I'm a transport whore, I know.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-11-05 22:33:34)

Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

137:24:44! It must work again!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Maybe EA read these forums...or your letter
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

137:30:10 ok it seems to work for me, and should for anyone else. Maybe it didn't work pre 1.4, or that it started to work recently (I emailed EA a few times about the issue). Whatever happened though, you can get your transport time at the =ST6= Great Wall server!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Great...another 40hours to go! I should get veteran heli and Seals medal within a weeks time, so thats my first priority
Warstarz
+11|6439
Here's proof that it works now!

https://show.imagehosting.us/show/1770386/0/nouser_1770/T0_-1_1770386.JPG
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Lol nice! And someone got a game of Taraba going?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Hellogoodsir wrote:

And someone got a game of Taraba going?
WOW...thats a first. Have to admit that I would like to play the map a lil more.

Thing is...thats the vet transport badge. That doesnt necessarily mean that he built up time with transport on the EF maps.
I got my expert AA on Smoke Screen, got SgtMjr on it too. And some other awards on that map and the others too.

Theres nothing wrong with badge awards....just transport time (allegedly). So he may have built up the time on any map, then logged onto an EF server and ran over 5 people...and gets the award.
The only way to prove it, is to copy all of your stats. Play a few rounds of EF only, and only use jeeps...and see if theres a difference.

Congrats on the vet transport btw
Warstarz
+11|6439

Snake wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

And someone got a game of Taraba going?
WOW...thats a first. Have to admit that I would like to play the map a lil more.

Thing is...thats the vet transport badge. That doesnt necessarily mean that he built up time with transport on the EF maps.
I got my expert AA on Smoke Screen, got SgtMjr on it too. And some other awards on that map and the others too.

Theres nothing wrong with badge awards....just transport time (allegedly). So he may have built up the time on any map, then logged onto an EF server and ran over 5 people...and gets the award.
The only way to prove it, is to copy all of your stats. Play a few rounds of EF only, and only use jeeps...and see if theres a difference.

Congrats on the vet transport btw
Believe it or not, I have been exclusively playing Euroforce and I noticed I only needed 30 minutes of transport. I screwed around in a DPV for a while, logged off, waited for my stats to update here and saw that I completed the time necessary. I then got back on and ran over 5 people. I don't remember being on any other servers at the time to tell ya the truth.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Hmmm, well in that case, DICE have fixed it. ZOMG. They have actually done something right for once!
Warstarz
+11|6439
I can't say for 100% positive but that's what I remember, so don't quote me on them fixing it.

Ya know what, I'll test it tonight if I get a chance. I'll let ya know the results.
purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand
About Veteran and Expert Transport.

Does everyone 'go' for the badge by driving heaps, or does the car time just come with play?

So far, I've mad no attempts to raise my car time at all.
Warstarz
+11|6439
I just drive around normally and wait it out. I don't go for it exclusively.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6544|Search Whore killing fields
<3 quarry
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6529|Istanbul-Turkey
I was trying to recive my vet transport on great wall, I couldnt take it too.
It didnt give it somehow.

Last edited by Ottomania (2006-11-26 00:31:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard