spon
+2|6843|San Jose, CA
WAH, I appear to be one of the people who are crashing to desktop.  But this is interesting so I want to share my info and maybe it will help you.

First v1.01: worked fine. v1.05: some crashes to desktop.  v1.06: Always crashes to desktop. WTF?

So after a few tests, I set all my video settings to the lowest positions.  Then I would adjust one setting and try it, (optimize the shaders).  So it turns out that if I change "Lighting" from Low to Medium, the shaders would fail and crash to desktop.

So maybe the "lighting" settings is the problem.

Computer: AMD processor, nvidia 6600PCIe

Hope that helps out.  If anyone has a fix on the Lighting, I'm more than willing to try.

Thanks.
doc. josh
+48|6545
I tryed it it worked beautifuly no more CTD's I can alos seen down the top 2 titan hackehs i can c when some 1 is right infront of me yaya
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6696|minnesota
i tried it and i still CTD everytime i try to join a server....i get 3/4 of the way loaded then boom crash....starting to really piss me off
JohnLeavitt
+16|6443
i have all my lighting + effects either turned off or on low, because i have a ATI 9800 pro... and after the 1.06 i still CTD once in awhile after a titan game but the problem is mostly fixed... just turn all the Advanced lighting and effects off and the rest off the lighting and effects to low... hope this helps...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

JohnLeavitt wrote:

i have all my lighting + effects either turned off or on low, because i have a ATI 9800 pro... and after the 1.06 i still CTD once in awhile after a titan game but the problem is mostly fixed... just turn all the Advanced lighting and effects off and the rest off the lighting and effects to low... hope this helps...
turning all lighting off helps gameplay, too. corners that were once dark, now open up to reveal the once hidden enemies.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6443

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

turning all lighting off helps gameplay, too. corners that were once dark, now open up to reveal the once hidden enemies.
yea he is right... PLUS the "invisible" recon guys STICK out like mad lol they look like a rain cloud running around...

Last edited by JohnLeavitt (2006-11-26 06:39:09)

Rubix-Cubes
+123|6655|UK

spon wrote:

WAH, I appear to be one of the people who are crashing to desktop.  But this is interesting so I want to share my info and maybe it will help you.

First v1.01: worked fine. v1.05: some crashes to desktop.  v1.06: Always crashes to desktop. WTF?

So after a few tests, I set all my video settings to the lowest positions.  Then I would adjust one setting and try it, (optimize the shaders).  So it turns out that if I change "Lighting" from Low to Medium, the shaders would fail and crash to desktop.

So maybe the "lighting" settings is the problem.

Computer: AMD processor, nvidia 6600PCIe

Hope that helps out.  If anyone has a fix on the Lighting, I'm more than willing to try.

Thanks.
i ahve a 6600 pci ,,,,not pci express, ,,, 2.8 GHz..... 2gig ddr

only ever crashed once..

all settings are on med, apart from shadows,,, anti is off
JohnLeavitt
+16|6443
lol i have a really old ATI 9800 pro AGP 128mb video card and i don't have to many problems other than my computer hates advanced Lighting and Effects
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.
I get CTDs just as the map is fully loaded. Straight away from installing 1.06. Before then no CTDs at all.

Last edited by mikeyb118 (2006-11-26 11:20:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard