Echo
WOoKie
+383|6727|The Netherlands
If you were told, you only had a couple of months to live?

A couple of days ago, i found this this video about a German train surfer. He's riding an German ICE3 high speed train, ICE stands for Inter City Express and its certified for 330 km/h according to wikipedia. When i saw the first part of the video, i was like wtf... this guy is insane. When you see the end of the video, it makes more sense...

I read he surfed trains all over Europe in his last year around and he's the only one that surfed an ICE train.

It made me wonder what i would do in that situation. I always wanted to learn to skydive since i was a kid and i m thinking, i should start saving some money for a skydiving course. Life can be short.

So the question is, what would you do if you only had a couple of months to live?

Cheers,

Echo.

Last edited by Echo (2006-11-23 11:59:31)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
I would... No idea.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6516|Bournemouth, South England
I saw that vid a week ago, I think its good that he didn't moan about his known condition, manned the fuck up, and enjoyed himself. Good for him.
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
Do every drug under the sun.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

It's all about playing the cards you have been dealt.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=676595#p676595

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-23 13:01:13)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
commissargizz
+123|6471| Heaven
everything i possible could drink drugs sex have fun....jesus the guy was only 21...no life at all.....
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
Yep...  Drugs, sex, skydiving, (riding trains if I could get away with it), and uh...  who knows?...  He sounds like a pretty creative guy.  It's sad to see him die so young.... 
cospengle
+140|6494|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I'd open a savings account.
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
I'd do something really extreme.Like pilot a chopper through the channel tunnel.

As well as the drugs part.

Oh and i may as well kill someone i don't like in my last week.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Penetrator_01 wrote:

I saw that vid a week ago, I think its good that he didn't moan about his known condition, manned the fuck up, and enjoyed himself. Good for him.
Few months left to live? Hell, let's see if we could splatter our remains all over creation for someone else to clean up...
LT.Victim
+1,175|6570|British Columbia, Canada
Thats the way you to end your life.

Not sulking in a Hospital bed feeling pity on yourself say "why me?!? Why me?!?"

That guy is Insane..

But think about it.. What would happen if everyone who knew they were going to die, went out and did something crazy?
Jackabo
+127|6566|Dublin, Ireland
I would do everything that ive wanted to do. One of the things i would defenitely do is go base jumping, that looks so cool!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6598|Your attic
I honestly don't know.....

It has never really been something I have ever thought about, maybe it's something I should consider. Still that guy was inspiring, what he did might have been dangerous, but I bet you enjoyed every second. Not knocking him at all but it is odd that the human psyche is willing to do these things when it knows that it is coming to an end. If you then take into account that we all know that we will die sometimes (if you ignore that immortality article) maybe we should have a little more fun in life instead of just taking the easier root.

I'll stop now as I'm sounding like a movie. God bless the guy, he did something he wanted to do and didn't let the knowledge of his death come in the way of it.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6537|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
I'd tell you what I'd do but the risk of ASIO, FBI and CIA reading the post and putting me under arrest is to high.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

Learn to skydive Echo? It's really not that hard.
A) Get pushed out of high-flying plane.
B) Hope parachute opens when you pull the cord.

I don't know what I'd do if I only had a couple of months to live, but I do know that whatever it was it'd have to be the best time of my life.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6489
i would rob a bank, then spend all th emoney i robbeed, on enormous amounts of every drug you could think of, then drive across the us on some sort of road trip like hunter s thompsons Fear and loathing lol.....
jimbo21
+11|6659
i would live!!!! there is a defference in being alive and living
Commie Killer
+192|6394

TeamZephyr wrote:

I'd tell you what I'd do but the risk of ASIO, FBI and CIA reading the post and putting me under arrest is to high.
I am going to make a guesstimate off of everything I have seen you post in these forums and I will tell you that suicide is a very good way for you to have the most fun of your life, try it, its fun.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6679

cospengle wrote:

I'd open a savings account.
That made me laugh for some reason.
Echo
WOoKie

Towelly wrote:

It has never really been something I have ever thought about, maybe it's something I should consider. Still that guy was inspiring, what he did might have been dangerous, but I bet you enjoyed every second. Not knocking him at all but it is odd that the human psyche is willing to do these things when it knows that it is coming to an end. If you then take into account that we all know that we will die sometimes (if you ignore that immortality article) maybe we should have a little more fun in life instead of just taking the easier root.
Its interesting if you read the replies here, the majority of guys, including me, are willing to take more risks if they knew they only have a couple of months left. We got a whole bunch of safety meganisms build into our brains to prevent you from taking too much risks in life, some less then others obviously but it seems a bit like a lot of them shut down if you know you have nothing to lose.

Ty wrote:

Learn to skydive Echo? It's really not that hard.
A) Get pushed out of high-flying plane.
B) Hope parachute opens when you pull the cord.
Lol true, the first time will probably be just like that. I dont know about you aussies but over here you have to get  some licence or whatever at a skidiving school before you re allowed to go skidiving on your own.

Last edited by Echo (2006-11-24 08:46:59)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

I have a close friend who was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer at 33. Her wish is to spend as much time with her son in the year or so she has left. I would do the same TBH. Fuck all that other shit.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6576|Oxford
I'd take out the biggest loan I could and enjoy it
Echo
WOoKie

JahManRed wrote:

I have a close friend who was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer at 33. Her wish is to spend as much time with her son in the year or so she has left. I would do the same TBH. Fuck all that other shit.
If i had kids of my own, i would probably do the same but i m single atm. I would try to spent as much time with family and friends and also do stuff that you always wanted to do like skydiving.

One of my school teachers was diagnosed with terminal cancer about 12 years ago and 2 months later he was killed in a motorcycle accident. The rumor was that it was a suicide and that he drove into a big stationary object at high speed, no other vehicles or people involved. It seemed to me at that time, he rather wanted to 'go out in a blaze of glory' then to wait around till his illness finally got him. Anyways he was one of my favorite teachers and all the students loved him.

The video got me thinking and its interesting to hear all the opinions. So far everyone here seems to take this topic seriously, thanks guys.

Last edited by Echo (2006-11-25 08:45:51)

PRiMACORD
+190|6632|Home of the Escalade Herds
Slay all my enemies ^_^
Simon
basically
+838|6665|UK

RicardoBlanco wrote:

I'd take out the biggest loan I could and enjoy it
Yeah, and make your loved ones and family pay it all off, very considerate of you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard