1927(h)
No way will this match be a draw.  Strayer are going to bat all day and then bowl England out within 1 day.  England follow on and last 1 more day, Aussies rap this win up with 1 day to spare.

We still cant bowl and hit the fkn strip.  We need a welshman there and I am available to open the bowling from either end (thats not a gay term to you no cricketers), someone tell Fletch.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

lol, Australians got this one in the bag every one is saying.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Uberge
Sigs are for n00bs
+17|6439|Sydney, Australia
Wanna feel like your doing your bit in the ashes

http://www.stickcricket.com

Very good flash game
1927(h)
Heyyyy bout fucking time unall.

Hussey (bowled) flintoff  86
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

sweet, 1 opener down.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
1927(h)
Yessssss, got another one,

Ohhh noooooo,          Umpires Strikes Back
Uberge
Sigs are for n00bs
+17|6439|Sydney, Australia
i just beat the poms needed 18 of the last over got it with 2 balls to spare.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6449|Newcastle NSW Australia
wow, 602 you have fun chasing that now won't you lol

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6582|Melbourne, Australia.
When Hussey and Lee were running for the same catch...

...reminiscent of Steve Waugh and Gillespies collision, no?

..Had me scared .

3/51, Aus dominating as usual
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o … 177500.stm

My ol mate Ian Holloway on Cricket
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6592|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Remember the last ashes England were shite in the first test then played better repeat performance we are just toying with you aussies (I hope)
demondspawn
+7|6762|Aussie in the UK

1927(h) wrote:

Penetrator_01 wrote:

1927 wrote:

This probably only applies to UK n Aussies.  Poms vs Convicts.
It should read "POHMS" not Poms, or more accurately, P.O.H.M. which stood for Prisoner Of Her Majesty.  The term refers to those people who were shipped to Australia for commiting crimes.  It is a common misconception that the Australians have always refered to the British Nationals as "Pommies".  In recent decades, it has been used as a colloquial nickname, but in fact, refers to a White Australian, as they are the offspring of English criminals.

Everyday is a school day.
I had no idea, thank you.

That is not meant to sound sarcastic at all.
In fact it is P.O.M.S  Prisoner of mother England
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

demondspawn wrote:

1927(h) wrote:

Penetrator_01 wrote:

It should read "POHMS" not Poms, or more accurately, P.O.H.M. which stood for Prisoner Of Her Majesty.  The term refers to those people who were shipped to Australia for commiting crimes.  It is a common misconception that the Australians have always refered to the British Nationals as "Pommies".  In recent decades, it has been used as a colloquial nickname, but in fact, refers to a White Australian, as they are the offspring of English criminals.

Everyday is a school day.
I had no idea, thank you.

That is not meant to sound sarcastic at all.
In fact it is P.O.M.S  Prisoner of mother England
Hmm, there's another one of those "explaining the origin of a slang term or swear word with a cute acronym" stories. You can find them for "wog", "shit", "fuck" and others, but it pays to be sceptical. Words that begin as acronyms simply do not achieve widespread slang usage.

The Oxford's etymological info for "pom" or "pommy" suggests it was originally short from "pomegranate", which was rhyming slang for "immigrant".
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6592|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Go England 157 all out
might as well swing the bat get ourselves out and get some rest for our pasting in the 2nd test
It's 4 am I'm off to bed can't follow this anymore
Well played OZ
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6551|Reading, Basingrad
Well played ya convict bastards
England might as well just concede now and have a few days downin a few tinnies.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia
What is Ponting thinking batting again?

Sure we could make the English chase 600-750 in one day but why not finish them now...

Mcminty
commissargizz
+123|6465| Heaven
We lose, may as well go to the beach soak up rays, as I sure we could score more, if the Aussies played by themselves
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Flecco wrote:

Oh boy, you bloody poms are just asking for it. We can kick your arses in just about every sport... Not all, just most.

Including Cricket...

Give us back what's ours...
Hear hear.  +1
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

go on pomies try and beat 602
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
Why the hell didnt we force the follow on? We must be going for a total psychological victory - really smash them.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6582|Melbourne, Australia.

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Why the hell didnt we force the follow on? We must be going for a total psychological victory - really smash them.
Mcgrath said to allow the cracks i nthe pitch to open a little...easier to bowl them out then

...don't know what hayden and langer are doing...they should be playing like its a 1 dayer.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6551|Reading, Basingrad
....we let you convicts have a head start to build your confidence....then we unleash our secret weapon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/northeast/series2/i/streaker_cricket150.jpg
The Magic Mullet
+240|6425
I hate Ricky Ponting, the elf-like knob jockey.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6449|Newcastle NSW Australia
I realy hope you guys can put up a good fight in some of the next tests, coz this is just ehhh.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Invaderzim wrote:

I realy hope you guys can put up a good fight in some of the next tests, coz this is just ehhh.
Yeah, they might have kicked our arses last time but it was very interesting.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard