SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6571|Mountains of NC

Just bought it this morning at best buy for $25, along with other x-mas gifts ---- I was wondering what are some problems that 2142 is having ?

What are some of the better unlocks that I should get first?

What are some better servers that have good players ?

I wasn't planning on getting the game but when I was walking past and saw it at $25, I just couldn't let a good deal go?

thanks to anyone that gives me some good answers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6640|Wigan. Manchester. England.
There is no problems exept the minor error in the new patch whixh is being fixed as we speak.

As you'll find out the support kit owns anything in its way, even if its 200 yards away...

Either go for the lambert or the voss. 2 of the best guns in the game.

And for a server with good players, -=AN=- Clan Server
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

thx scott - hows the action using the vehicles
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6640|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Walkers kill anything in its way, infantry to choppers.

APC is the best infantry killer, 2nd positions wepons splash damage is insane.

Tanks are well...tanks.

cars, whatever there called... are great, come with NOS so you can give yourself a boost, great for getting away from enemy fire.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6832
Get the Clark shotgun, get the Pillum AT gun and everything will be just fine...
Entertayner
+826|6574

Look out for: -=AN=-. |TOP|, SpawnoftheMist

That should do ya for now.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6571
Sell it as fast as possible.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6645|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

lolz, asskisser
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6448|The Land of Scott Walker

SEREMAKER wrote:

Just bought it this morning at best buy for $25, along with other x-mas gifts ---- I was wondering what are some problems that 2142 is having ?

What are some of the better unlocks that I should get first?

What are some better servers that have good players ?

I wasn't planning on getting the game but when I was walking past and saw it at $25, I just couldn't let a good deal go?

thanks to anyone that gives me some good answers
My advice, get the nades, sprint length unlock and sprint recharge unlock.  Those 3 will have you racking up points even with default weapons.  The nades come in very handy for taking out enemies in a places where you can't shoot because you're pinned down or you just don't have the angle.  The sprint will just plain save your rear, I hate running out of sprint and getting gunned down.  If you like to be squad leader, check out the different squad leader unlocks. They are different for each class besides the beacon, which all your kits will have once you unlock it.

For weapons, I love the Voss for action around the silos and flags . . . 40 round clips and fast rate of fire, pretty accurate on single shot, but don't depend on single shot too much.  Just charge in and waste em.  In comparison, the Baur is essentially the G3 of 2142.  If you didn't like the G3 in BF2, don't get the Baur.  It is more powerful and I find it better at medium to longer range on single shot, compared to the Voss.  If you like sniping, get the Recon Zeller-H, one shot one kill and sounds wicked when you squeeze off a shot.  As others have said, the Clark Support shotty is just plain deadly and the Pilum Engineer AT gun takes out vehicles and armor without giving the enemy a lock tone.  Works very well on infantry when needed, too.   People will try to knife you for that, though. I do not play much Support, so I will not give advice there.  I'm an Assault/Engineer player.  I like to ran and gun, heal, blow up just about anything, and fix whatever vehicle I'm using to patrol the battlefield.

For vehicles, I like the Nekomata hover tank for the PAC.  So maneuverable and it doesn't take damage driving over any surface.  I've driven it down the sides of a cliff and still had 100 armor.  I can still be effective with the Tiger tank, but I prefer the Nekomata.  I have no preference when it comes to the FAVs, APCs, or walkers.  I don't fly much, except for some silo hopping in the transport helo, so I'll let someone else comment on the attack helo.

This is a good website for weapon and vehicle breakdowns, but if you look in the right section in BF2s you'll find this and many other websites. http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=unlocks
zeidmaan
+234|6418|Vienna

Copy - Paste from other similar topic
Cant be bothered to change it

Yeah the granades and first sprint unlock should be you first 2 unlocks.
Most important tip is play Titan mode in the beggining sice you can get ALOT more points than in conquest, mainly due to pins and combat inside the titan. You should be able to get 2 titan destruction pins every round by destroying 8 titan guns. Thats 56 points and if your lucky you can get it in 1-2 minutes. Best map for it it Sidi Powerplant because every Silo has an AA gun (one in the middle has 2). For comparison Suez Canal has only 1 I think.

Also in the beggining, without unlocks, support class is the best. With those LMGs you get, you dont need anything else.
AND you will get tips to unlock CLARK shoutgun, BAUR and GANZ and people will claim that they are the best guns in the game. But those guns are, kind of, not for everyone. You should realy try them out in single player first. Combinations that almost everyone agrees that own are "that Voss L-AR with rocket attachment and defib" or "Lambert with APM and C7". They are both awsome for titan attack/defend and for city maps.

If you liked AT class in BF2 you will just LOVE the engineer in bf2142. Without unlocks its average but when you get the Vechile Detector, emp mines, motion mines and THE Pilum it becomes very powerfull. My first unlocks were all for engineer class.

But most importantly play in squads. Add some players from here to your buddy list, or if you have other mates that play, play with them. It gives you a huge advantage against unorganised players. And bunch of additional points.

Edit:
http://bf2142fever.com/content/Ranks
As you can see its not hard to rank up in the beggining and get unlocks.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-11-24 10:19:35)

jugobeer
+18|6457
Let me try to explain well:

wait to unlock the last item you want from a branch and start a new one (branch)

EXEMPLE: In the engeneer tree, you want to get the motion mine but not the SAAW

Unlock the Dystek repair v2 and dont unlock the motion mine

Start a new branch for something else you want

Because, easilly, if you play in a squad (team playing) youll be able to TEMPORARILLY unlock 1 item for each class.

Hope im clear, im a frenchmen doing my best!
jugobeer
+18|6457
After some trying my best unlock in the beginning are in order:

Grenade - global
Sprint - global
emp mine    - engineer
dystek repair    - engineer
motion mines    - engineer
rdx pak - recon
defibrilator - assault

after that depend on witch kit you like but those are essential unlock at the beginning
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Tried it this morning, not bad - I'm glad I only paid $25 for it

Anyone know what the highest rank player is right now

Oh and to take the opening vids out - Do you go through the same steps as taking the vids out of BF2?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6778|EUR

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Yez. He is a merciless kicker

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard